New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MSN names Dorcester a "Hot Up and Coming Neighborhood" by xmikex on Apr 2,2007 10:56am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 2,2007 10:56am
http://realestate.msn.com/buying/Article_b...aspx?cp-documentid=4427326>1=9323

Glad they researched this one before printing it. I guess with this recent (and constant) string of homicides they figure all the thugs in the area will have killed themselves off in the next 5 years. I dunno... I don't write for MSN.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Apr 2,2007 11:03am
"The phrase "up-and-coming" can sometimes be code for a dangerous area, so it's important to make sure you're comfortable with the neighborhood and the potential risk it may pose to you as an investor."

HAHAHA

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Apr 2,2007 11:04am
hahaha ya I saw this....they also listed a part of the Bronx, in the same, hot fresh neighborhoods section.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Apr 2,2007 11:45am
maybe they meant "hot" as in like "gangsta" hot

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Apr 2,2007 12:06pm
how many of you people have been to Dorchester recently or actually know what the different parts of it are like or what they have to offer?

i'm not saying there aren't parts of Dot that are dangerous or ghetto or gross, but it is by far the largest neighborhood in Boston and is not one giant ghetto like the evening news wants you to think. don't be so easily brainwashed.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Apr 2,2007 12:06pm
btw i grew up in Dorchester

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Apr 2,2007 12:15pm
You are right there are nice parts in the dirty dot, and people have been saying it is up and coming for years now.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 2,2007 12:25pm
Anthony said:
how many of you people have been to Dorchester recently or actually know what the different parts of it are like or what they have to offer?

i'm not saying there aren't parts of Dot that are dangerous or ghetto or gross, but it is by far the largest neighborhood in Boston and is not one giant ghetto like the evening news wants you to think. don't be so easily brainwashed.

oh I'm fully aware that there's a lot of different neighborhoods in the Dot. And that is a great point to make (trust me, I grew up in Brockton, I know all about what a negative stereotype can do for a city haha). But from initially looking at this study it kind of seems like they just looked at the numbers and based it off of that without really knowing what's up with the area itself. That to me is just pretty typical of MSN.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 2,2007 1:21pm
there are nice parts of new beffitt too.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Apr 2,2007 2:09pm
ARPIL FOOLZ

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 2,2007 10:34pm
This is why I'm hot.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 2,2007 11:15pm
Anthony said:

I lived there for a year. The neighborhood I was in was nice, until you walked about a mile in any direction. Place is a shit hole, but definitely not the worst place I've lived!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 2,2007 11:17pm
dreadkill said:
there are nice parts of new beffitt too.

Yeah, the other side of Buttonwood is nice, that's about it, though. This whole fucking area sucks.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 2,2007 11:20pm
the area rich lived in before he moved to somerville was pretty nice.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 2,2007 11:21pm
Oh yeah...that's like, practically some other town though.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 2,2007 11:21pm
Yeah, in New Bedford it's just that anywhere that has apartments is shitty.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Apr 2,2007 11:23pm
There's still bullet holes in my 1st apt. building from my very first drive-by. Memmmories.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][6:57:28pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01694 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]