New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> GOJIRA frontman talks about the band, current tour, North American success - video available by the_reverend on Mar 27,2007 9:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 27,2007 9:28pm
Pure Grain Audio ( http://www.puregrainaudio.com/gallery/gallery.htm ) now has a video interview online with French death metallers GOJIRA, from the band's recent stop in Guelph, Ontario in Canada while on tour with Lamb of God, Trivium and Machine Head. The interview is in-depth, covering several subjects including the band's beginnings, touring North America for the second time and the band's recent success. There are a few excerpts available here.

On touring North America as an opening act:
"We have a very strong fan base of dedicated fans, it's amazing," frontman Joe Duplantier said. "They write us letters, they come to the show. Some of them have seen us 20 times or me and in France, we're kind of an established band now. When we tour in France we are headliners. We have a big crowd for us, it's even harder to be a headliner like that with dedicated fans, because you have to give the best all the time [rather than] being the opening act. Actually, it's very refreshing to be on this tour playing 30 minutes and being like, 'We have to go in and warm up the place and then go in the bus'."

On GOJIRA's atypical lyrical content:
"It's just spontaneous, like the music" Duplantier said of the band's lyrical direction. "It just goes together. And to me, sometimes people tell me, 'Why do you have a peaceful message and you play metal? It's so violent, it's so dark, it's so nasty.' I want to say, 'No, actually it's not paradoxical at all.' On Earth, we have a problem, we are on the ship and it's sinking and we have to do something about it. So there's an emergency...I feel like it's natural, it's spontaneous to scream. But that's not the only point for the message. I would say the message is more like take care of yourself if you want to take care of your world and the ship. Learn how to respect yourself and know better - if you want to know the world and respect the world."

GOJIRA is continuing to support the band's first proper North American release, 'From Mars To Sirius,' which saw an August 2006 release through Prosthetic Records, after being available in only Europe through Listenable Records in September 2005. The video for the song "To Sirius" will be played again this weekend on MTV2's Headbangers Ball - check local listings for time and channel. The video can also be seen online here ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=k2rLuTJzaKQ ).

GOJIRA on tour
(with Lamb of God, Trivium, Machine Head)
3/28 Norfolk VA - Norva Theatre
3/29 Myrtle Beach, SC - House Of Blues
3/30 Jacksonville, FL - Plush
3/31 St. Petersburg, FL - Jannus Landing
4/01 Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Revolution
4/03 Nashville, TN - City Hall
4/04 Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theatre
4/05 Cincinnati, OH – Bogarts
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Gojira

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Exhumed Homocidal Kingdom
[default homepage] [print][8:01:10pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01006 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]