New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> papelbon to close for sox by tylerl on Mar 23,2007 1:08pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Mar 23,2007 1:08pm
i know this is day-old news, but i figured it was worth posting. i like this move. i think a lights out closer is more important than a #5 starter, especially when we have julian tavarez and kyle snyder, and jon lester returning later this year hopefully. now i feel like we REALLY have no question marks

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 1:12pm
yeah.. but i was really looking forward to seeing him start... really wanted to see what he could do... tavarez is a risk.. i think.. he was pretty terrible last year.. although seems to be doing alot better pre-season this year.. can't wait for lester to come back though... i think with matsuzaka alone.. we're looking pretty good..

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Mar 23,2007 1:12pm
Lester as #5 would be good. I wanted Papelbon to start, though, dammit.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Mar 23,2007 1:19pm
I'd rather have Tavarez as a #5 than a closer, which is the way things were heading.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 1:19pm
yeah i'm with you... he woulda kicked ass at it..

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Mar 23,2007 1:20pm
ariavette said:
tavarez is a risk.. i think.. he was pretty terrible last year..

i think tavarez gets alot more shit than he deserves. when you look at his numbers he actually was one of the better relievers last year. i think because the bullpen was so shaky last year, tavarez became the scapegoat for it because he saw more time than anyone (30 more innings than any other sox reliever last season).

in 6 starts last year tavarez went 3-0 with a 4.01 ERA and one complete game. he came up as a starter and he says he's wanted to start throughout his career.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 1:21pm
*meaning paplebon* i think tavarez sux... i can't believe they even considered him for closer.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 1:22pm
tylerl said:
ariavette said:
tavarez is a risk.. i think.. he was pretty terrible last year..

i think tavarez gets alot more shit than he deserves. when you look at his numbers he actually was one of the better relievers last year. i think because the bullpen was so shaky last year, tavarez became the scapegoat for it because he saw more time than anyone (30 more innings than any other sox reliever last season).

in 6 starts last year tavarez went 3-0 with a 4.01 ERA and one complete game. he came up as a starter and he says he's wanted to start throughout his career.

he always fails in the clutch though... which is key.. and our pitching was weak last year.. so to compare him to anyone isn't really saying much

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 1:23pm
like i said though.. he's doing alot better this season already.. so we'll see. more anxious to see matsuzaka than anything

toggletoggle post by tylerl  at Mar 23,2007 1:30pm
by the way i was definitely looking forward to seeing pap start this year too, but there is always next year, craig hansen supposedly still is our "closer of the future" and we also have other guys in the farm system

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Mar 23,2007 2:14pm
good.

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Mar 23,2007 3:29pm
tylerl said:
by the way i was definitely looking forward to seeing pap start this year too, but there is always next year, craig hansen supposedly still is our "closer of the future" and we also have other guys in the farm system

he has a lot of potential.. still a rookie ... with time i think he could be a key guy

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][8:47:35pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01666 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]