New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Free Anole Lizards by Niccolai on Feb 23,2007 11:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 23,2007 11:48pm
I've got 4 anoles (2 bahaman, 2 green) with glass cage, heatpad, light, bedding, and all the extras.

free to whoever wants them

they are very easy to take care of and eat live crickets, or freez-dries insects if you'd rather.

I'm getting rid of them to buy perhaps a boa.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2007 11:49pm
hm.. I might be interested. how many cricket per week and how big is the glass tank??

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 23,2007 11:55pm
The tank is 20 gallons I believe.

They will eat a cricket a day, sometimes two.

I usually get 1.5-2 dozen crickets a week (which is only about 2 bucks at a pet store) just incase I'm late with picking up crickets. but they can survive off of just a few crickets a week.

You gotta make sure to get the bigger crickets too, because somehow the little ones have been escaping from the tank, I can't figure out how for the life of me, but i think the mesh on the tank cover might not be fine enough.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2007 11:58pm
and you just toss all the crickets in at once or do you only put in a couple a day? will my cats be able to get through the mesh top? can you send me a picture of the set up?

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 12:07am
You can toss the crickets in all at once, or a few per day. It doesn't matter, but if you throw 2 dozen or so in at once, you'll haveto feed them something because starving crickets will eat anything, including your anoles.

The crickets will eat fish food and apples, but there's also special cricket feed you can buy for keeping large amounts of crickets in a cage.

Your cats shoudln't be able to get through it, the mesh top has metal rails around the ends that grip down pretty tight, and the mesh is pretty strong. I've never seen cats get into one, but I've never had cats.

I'll try and get a picture of the setup right now, but I'm pretty shitty with a camera.

Having anoles is pretty easy. their waste is tiny, they don't smell, you don't haveto feed them more then once a week, you can get away without changing their bedding for like 6 months, and you don't need a water dish.

The only day to day maintenance really is misting the cage with water through a spray bottle to keep it slightly humid in their cage. this keeps them hydrated too, because they like to lick the water droplets off the fake leaves and sides of the tank.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 12:23am
uploading photos now. Photbucket is being slow, and the images are 7 megapixels, so it will take a minute.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 12:26am edited Feb 24,2007 12:27am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2007 1:09am
what is the bedding made of?

I've had anoles before, but it was like 15 years ago. are these anoles chill? can you holld them? or are they spazzes?

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 1:09am
The setup is obviously not the prettiest thing in the world right now, after you have it for a while, you put off decorating it and making it all pretty, but my anoles all have all their toes, no stress marks, and they change colors with no problems or confusion.

And the gender ratio is one male, three females. The Male is a Green Anole and won't mate with the buhaman anoles though, and Anoles are nearly impossable to breed successfully, so you won't end up with baby lizards.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 1:13am
The bedding right now is eco earth brand bedding. It's basically cocoanut skin. I have two packages of it.

They are very chill. Most anoles are to scared to move when you hold them so they don't hop around like crazy. And they don't bite. if they did, you wouldn't even feel it enough to be tickled. They aren't biters and they aren't aggressive.

but when the male is bobbing his head and sticking out his throat and making it all red, he is excerting his dominance and will get really stressed out and maybe die if you fuck with him. it usually means he's trying to mate.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2007 1:15am
I was going to ask about him oing the throat thing. I'm going to see what carina says about these.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 24,2007 1:22am
Word. If you have more questions I'll be on AIM, or in the #Black-men-white-ladies chat.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2007 1:54am
/me understands

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Feb 25,2007 2:11pm
/msg The_reverend Any update? I got a sweet offer on a couple of emperor scorpians, and if i can get rid of the anoles before I get these, it would be tits.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2007 4:22pm
I'll tell carina again about them. I want them, but she said they were "gross" let's see.

toggletoggle post by Leech Eater at Feb 26,2007 12:32pm
can you post some mating pics please? i'm really into anole sex... tehehehe

toggletoggle post by ariavette at Feb 26,2007 3:26pm
i've always wanted some... but the landlord freaks about anything pet related.. ignorant ppl.. reptiles are the cleanest quitest pets you can own.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Mar 2,2007 7:12pm
Any update Aaron?

or is anyone else interested in these? I was thinking about posting them on craigslist, but apparently they don't allow pet adds.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Mar 2,2007 7:21pm
if I wasn't moving I'd gladly ad them to the collection. Sucks because right now it will just end up another thing to move. If you get really stuck I bet my buddy's pet shop would take them off your hands.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Mar 2,2007 7:28pm
Damn. I never thought of taking them to a pet store for adoption, that's a good idea.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Mar 2,2007 7:30pm edited Mar 2,2007 7:30pm
Niccolai said:
Damn. I never thought of taking them to a pet store for adoption, that's a good idea.

If you do try to make the drive to acushnet. There is a shop there called cold blooded pets and supplies. they have a website too, I think it is coldbloodedpets.com or something. I really like thier place because it is always clean, and they take great care of thier animals. It's all people our age, and they were diehard reptile fans so one thing lead to another.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 9,2007 9:53am
hi i was replying on your lizards i have one right knwo and was wonrdering if you would ship them?if i paid shipping?i dont need the cage please right back to mmushero418@yahoo.com

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][3:22:44am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01219 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]