New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> To the old school thrash heads / Podcast by MetalMetal on Feb 20,2007 1:33pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 20,2007 1:33pm
to any out there that is into nostalgic thrash I found a podcast show that plays some bands i have never heard of. Anyone know these bands and if so where can i find them!!!

Show#1 Remembrance: Classic Thrash

Viking - Man of War
Erosion - Way of Force
Assorted Heap - Unexpiated Bloodshed
Apocalypse - Fuck off and Die
Intruder - 25 to 6 to 4 / Genetic Genocide
Realm - Eleanor Rigby / Poisoned Minds
Devastation - Idolarity
Gammacide - Victims of Science

i don't have the show notes for the second one but there were more good bands i have never heard of. some good music with integrity and honesty back in those days. Not like the Killswitch IsGay stuff of today.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 20,2007 3:03pm
The only place I have been able to get the 2nd Viking album Man of Straw was Soulseek. Same for Assorted Heap and Intruder. You can get Viking Do or Die off eBay. I own the Realm CDs. Those are totally essential and just got recently got reissued.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 20,2007 3:57pm
man of straw is on iTunes. very old school and obscure but if i recall, awesome band. pat benatar cover hell is for children is sick

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 20,2007 3:59pm
wait Realm Eleanor Rigby? Is taht the beatles song!?!?!?!? 25 or 6 to 4 sounds familar also.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 20,2007 3:59pm
Yeah it's the sickest Beatles cover of all time

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 20,2007 4:02pm
25 or 6 to 4 is a chigaco cover. that's interseting. what podcast is this?

i have to hear the beatles cover for sure! i'm off to search it out.

assorted heap was a really good german death/thrash band i remember. mindwaves was just ok but their first one was memorible.

i haev heard of erosion but i thought they were more of a post hardcore metal band from germany back in the day.

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Feb 20,2007 6:18pm
gammacide is fucking awesome

toggletoggle post by Nuclear Winter at Feb 20,2007 6:42pm
I've found a few of those bands on vinyl before, so hunting down record stores is my suggestion.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 20,2007 7:20pm
What podcast is this? Can I listen for free through iTunes?

toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 22,2007 8:37am
the guy only did 2 podcasts and i got the link through another forum. he stopped doing them because of copyright issues or something. so they both got taken down. but i emailed the guy and he said he has to figure some stuff out before he continues on and reposts his old shows. he did direct me to classicthrash.com and told me he has every single band listed on that site. he puts a lot of them on torrents...

The second podcast had:

Aggression - One for the Woods (who played in CT a few times back in the way way day. Attracted a lot of skaters if I recall)
Harter Hattack - Last Temptation
Invocator - Desert Sands
Slammer - Tenement Zone
Toxik - Social Overload
Necrodeth - State Of Progressive Annihilation
Sacrament - Haunts Of Violence
Defiance - Lock Jaw
The Police - Roxanne

I hope he can continue doing this. if i had all that material i'd do it myself but yeah not sure how the copyrights work.

toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 22,2007 8:43am
oh missed one song

Pestilence - Extreme Unction

I like pestilence but i never heard this song or this album. i thought they were death metal than thrash...

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 22,2007 9:03am
The first CD "Malleus Maleficarum" is more like violent Thrash.

http://www.pathosproductions.com/

toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 22,2007 9:39am
i see. i might check it out because that song extreame unction was pretty good but kinda short. can you get any of these other bands listed in your distro? i really am lovin these old school bands.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 22,2007 10:08am
Off the top of my head I have CARDINAL SIN, 2 WHIPLASH CDs, the 1st INFERNAL MAJESTY CD and the 1st RIGOR MORTIS CD.

toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 22,2007 10:47am
how about Indestroy? The guy uses "Sam the Butcher" as his background music when he talks. And he said for his 3rd podcast if he can get through the legal stuff the first song he is gonna play is "Tortured by Fire" which he considers a ultimate lost classic thrash song. i'm looking for the torrent file now

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 22,2007 12:25pm
That first Infernal Majesty is amazing. The first Pestilence CD is just a really heavy thrash disc, imo. Totally essential.

toggletoggle post by mortalis  at Feb 22,2007 12:43pm
MetalMetal said:

Devastation - Idolarity
Gammacide - Victims of Science

required listening for all fans of brutal thrash.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 22,2007 12:52pm
Anthony, have you heard BURIED GOD yet?

--------------

Review for BURIED GOD's Dark Revelation

"Thrash With Balls Big Enough to Choke A Horse! - 95%"

Written by Chainsaw_Gutsfuck on December 16th, 2003

Dark Revelation is Thrash the way Thrash was meant to be played! Fast, Aggressive and Drunk! This is Thrash in the vein of SODOM and KREATOR with an above par level of musicianship; Technical Thrash of the highest order. A few hints of blackened Thrash reminiscent to that of ALASTOR (Pol) and even SARCOFAGO can be heard on this album. The vocals are mostly screamed Drunken vocal slurs.

The first track "Back To Wreck Your Neck" truly does what its title claims to do. All I can imagine is a drunken man in a huge van driving 90 miles per hour in a residential area with a beer in his hand screaming during the first track.

The fifth track "Buried God" shows this bands ability to blend Thrash, Black Metal and even a slight BATHORY influenced Epic Metal feel. This is the track that shows BURIED GOD's truly high level of musicianship.

This album is basically your kick ass "Get drunk and beat some posers down" semi Black influenced Thrash Album with a drunken aggressive edge similar to that of GEHENNAH. Covered in tremolo picking and mostly fast-paced, this album is for all you Metal Maniacs with an attitude out there. Buy this album NOW.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 22,2007 2:14pm
do you have the link to the podcast?

toggletoggle post by MetalMetal at Feb 22,2007 4:08pm
its no longer available. and i never downloaded it, i just found it this past weekend and it was removed...

toggletoggle post by dj death at Feb 22,2007 5:16pm
very cool. Everyone, if you can find it, check out the POLISH Exorcist "Voices from the graves" 1987 demo. Killer "Black" THRASH

toggletoggle post by dj death at Feb 22,2007 5:21pm
Anthony, for sure, None Shall Defy by I.Majesty is totally recommended for all!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][9:11:46pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01491 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]