New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Recomendations on a KVM switch? by sxealex on Feb 17,2007 7:42pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 17,2007 7:42pm
I have a belkin usb kvm switch and pretty much the worst peice of shit switch ever...

its powered by usb so if the usb power shuts off during start up on the selected comp it switches to the other on its own...
Sometimes the switching causes it to freeze... yes the switch actually freezes and u have to unplug it from both computer to get it to reset...
I get grainy wiggle lines on my screen if i look close enough... hope its not my monitor...
it gave me aids

some one recomend me a good switch it needs to be usb/vga i dont really need sound in it but dont care if its there i only found a few of these... a mechanical knob would be best but i dunno if they exist

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Feb 17,2007 9:00pm
I've got one of these, and it seems to fit all your requirements:
http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Compucable-USB...-AB~r-1~CLT-INTR~RFR-www.google.com

it's non-powered, works by knob, usb/vga, and I've never had any problems with it. it's only got 2 ports, but that looks to be all you need.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 17,2007 9:19pm
oh man this is perfect! thanks dood

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 17,2007 9:22pm
sux im gonna have to buy vga cables tho i think

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Feb 18,2007 1:33am
Is this just for home use? I have some one by IOGEAR. It doesn't have external power either and I've had to unplug it from both computers twice myself. It does audio and VGA, but I only actually use it for keyboard and mouse (no audio or video plugged into it).

About 2 weeks after I bought it the USB function on my motherboard (on my Athlon64 machine) died. later that day the board got worse and was eventually unable to POST. (I'm leaving out a shitlaod of details, but that's essentially what happened). I'm HOPING that was just a coincidence considering my board was over 2 years old at that point. I've had the new one for a while and have been using the KVM again. No problems so far.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 18,2007 1:48am
I got a 4 computer one at work. you can hit scroll and then arrows to go between them. it comes with 4 VGA cables.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 18,2007 1:50am
the one I have TRENDnet TK-400K 4-Port KVM Switch kit PN:pn-3202116 @ $49.00 each

I've been using it non-stop for over 2 years for 4 computers. it rues.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 18,2007 11:45am
that shit is ps2 not all my comps take ps2 and im not gonna use an adapter

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 18,2007 12:21pm
or buy better computers... why don't you whine about it.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 18,2007 1:23pm
ps2 is gehy if its not pluggedin at startup it doesnt work...

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Feb 18,2007 1:23pm
last time i checked at least

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Sucking Egyptian Vampira
[default homepage] [print][2:30:04pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01242 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]