New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> PIG DESTROYER Hard At Work Recording New Full-Length by the_reverend on Jan 30,2007 9:11am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 30,2007 9:11am
PIG DESTROYER have begun recording their new full-length album, titled Phantom Limb.

PIG DESTROYER are currently recording Phantom Limb at Omega Studios (BAD BRAINS) in Rockville, MD. Phantom Limb, the follow-up to 2004’s wildly successful and influential album Terrifyer, will feature 14 all-new songs from the heralded grindcore troupe and artwork by John Baizley (BARONESS, TORCHE). Advance song titles include: “Cemetery Road”, “Rotten Yellow”, “Jupiter’s Eye” “Heathen Temple” and “The Machete Twins.”

PIG DESTROYER vocalist JR Hayes comments on the recording: “We're recording to 2” analog tape, which is really exciting. The drums sound HUGE, and the guitar tones are really nasty and aggressive. Brian's been on top of his game all year, busting out easily the fastest blast beats I've ever seen him play. As usual, Scott's written a whole arsenal of scalding riffs, but I feel like he really outdid himself with the arrangements on this record. The songs feel great and we've been having a load of fun playing them for the last five months. It's the 14 most deranged metal songs we could make up, so get ready to sink your f*cking teeth in.”

Guitarist Scott Hull adds; “We're excited about Phantom Limb because it all seems to be coming together in a much different way than our past discs. We set the date for the studio, THEN we fired up the muse to write the material. The process has became much faster, more focused, and with all the energy intact and sharpened. It has also been a hugely positive experience to be able to just be the guitarist, rather than the guy behind the button as well. Just wait until you hear it.”

Additionally, PIG DESTROYER have recently made their long-standing trio a quartet with the addition of Blake Harrison (TRIAC) to the fold.

PIG DESTROYER have also been confirmed to co-headline at this year’s Los Angeles Murderfest on Sunday, March 25 along with BRUTAL TRUTH, CRETIN, and many more. For more information on this fest, please visit the official L.A. Murderfest website: www.losangelesmurderfest.com. Additional PIG DESTROYER live appearances will be announced shortly.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Pig Destroyer

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 30,2007 9:50am
three cheers for pig destroyer!!!

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Jan 30,2007 10:18am
Huzzah!

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jan 30,2007 11:21am
A 14-song full length from a grindcore band?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 30,2007 11:49am
sick. i will be looking forward to this, especially the art. john baizley does sick work. pig destroyer are one of the only bands that i like that have never had album art anything short of awesome.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 30,2007 11:52am
dude triac is awesome

Isn't blake a bass player??!?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 30,2007 11:55am
nah my bad, he's the singer (shrugs)

I guess he's doing noise samples live

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jan 30,2007 12:09pm
finally Phantom Limb gets their due ha

toggletoggle post by SinisterMinister at Jan 30,2007 12:19pm
Salivating...

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Jan 30,2007 12:34pm
MarkFuckingRichards said:
sick. i will be looking forward to this, especially the art. john baizley does sick work. pig destroyer are one of the only bands that i like that have never had album art anything short of awesome.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I'm always impressed with Pig Destroyer's album artwork. I especially loved everything involved in Terrifyer. Great stuff!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 30,2007 12:38pm
yeah, the dude who did terrifyer, christ taylor, is one of my favorite artists. he did painter of dead girls too, which i like even more. and even though i'm not a huge fan of darkest hour, he did an awesome piece for the cover of their last full length "undoing run."

come to think of it, the cover of "explosions in ward 6" isn't that great compared to everything else from pig destroyer, but it doesn't suck.

toggletoggle post by KillerKadoogan   at Jan 30,2007 7:31pm
Explosions in ward 6: creepy little girl=good artwork

Terrifyer didn't hit me at all the way Prowler in the Yard did, but this sounds like it oughta be damn good if Mr. Hull's just focused on riffage.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 30,2007 8:44pm
i definitely like the concept of the creepy little girl, but the execution of it from an illustrator's point of view isn't very thrilling...since photography is our enemy, haha.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Jan 30,2007 10:30pm
Prowler In The Yard OWNS.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][6:41:10pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01777 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]