New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Metal Church @ The Lucky Dog Friday Jan. 26th by anonymous on Jan 24,2007 3:49pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 24,2007 3:49pm
New England Concerts
Presents
Metal Church
w/ Meliah Rage

Friday Jan. 26th
Lucky Dog

Worcester, Ma
www.myspace.com/newenglandconcerts

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 24,2007 3:49pm
so this isn't getting moved?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 25,2007 2:38pm
show has been moved to Marks.... also we it is free with a ticket to Sat. show as well...

All tickets for the Lucky Dog show will be honored at Marks... show is now 18+

Doors at 7pm

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Jan 25,2007 3:20pm
why moved? were there issues on tuesday with overkill?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 25,2007 3:21pm
oh damnit. i would have gone to see Metal Church in Worcester. but fuck Marks.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jan 25,2007 6:47pm
It's really strange that this show was moved to Mark's Showplace at the last minute. I wonder why it was moved.

This is the new flyer from New England Concerts.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jan 25,2007 6:56pm
Sacreligion said:
why moved? were there issues on tuesday with overkill?

It looks like there may have been issues on Tuesday.

http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=37726

The Reverend's posts about the Overkill show say that part of The Lucky Dog's PA blew, a lot of bands seemed to show up late (probably because The Lucky Dog is such a pain to find if you don't know your way around downtown Worcester), and some guy got knocked out in the pit, which made security kind of paranoid.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 25,2007 6:56pm
^

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 25,2007 7:01pm
There were alot of issues with sound and production at the Lucky Dog its a good small venue though but it had a few issues.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 25,2007 7:12pm
Any bands that want to play email bandbookingmarks@aol.com

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Jan 25,2007 10:29pm
i like that place and it can hold a good show...i've never heard of the PA dying out there before so that kind of sucks, but what're you gonna do?

i wish more nationals would play there...word has it that that place might be on its back legs

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 26,2007 12:17pm edited Jan 26,2007 12:18pm
My armpits smell like smoked maple breakfast sausage.
Maybe I'll shower for this one.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 26,2007 2:48pm
The Lucky Dog posted a bulletin about this...apparently NE Concerts just moved the show to Mark's and didn't tell them. The Dog didn't even find out until like yesterday at 3 when one of the opening bands told em

speaking of which...the lucky dog is looking for bands to play tonight

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Jan 26,2007 3:50pm
SacreligionNLI said:
...apparently NE Concerts just moved the show to Mark's and didn't tell them. The Dog didn't even find out until like yesterday at 3 when one of the opening bands told em

Wow. That really SUCKS! I don't understand the point in moving a show unless there is a really, really good reason. That kind of thing causes so much aggravation. I'm sure that there are at least a few people who already have tickets and don't log into myspace every day, who probably have no clue that the show was moved and are likely to show up at The Lucky Dog tonight. Imagine how pissed off those people would be after finding out that the show was moved to a place that is an hour away.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 26,2007 4:23pm
Acutually the club lied to the Ne Concerts had major sound issues and stage issues that were supposed to be fix for the show. Metal Church refused to play the show if it happened at the Lucky, the club knew... they just didnt doing to do to fix the problem.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Jan 26,2007 4:31pm
if i may pry, what were said issues?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 27,2007 12:40pm
That's baloney. The Lucky Dog had nothing to do with the production from Overkill.
The Dog's PA is fine without all the extra shit that band "needed".
The extra stuff they brought in for the Overkill show was the cause of all the problems.
The MAJOR issue was they couldn't set up their gear in front of the FIRE EXIT on the stage.
Overkill called Metal Church and told them they had a bad time...and you probably won't be able to fit your drum kit on stage. Lucky Dog has had MANY bigger acts there and there was NEVER a problem with any of this beforre Overkill.
There was nothing the L.Dog were asked to fix for the Metal Church show at all. Nobody knew it was getting moved to Marks.
We found out at 3:30pm day before the show, not by the independant promoter...but by a local band that was opening up the show.
And that's THE story.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 27,2007 12:52pm
thats cause NEC sucks ass and cant do anything fucking right.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 27,2007 1:34pm
As far as the club being on it's "back Legs"...that couldn't be more untrue.
We have had the best year ever and are in place to have an amazing 1st half of the year.
So funny what people think.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 27,2007 1:48pm
I'll probably show up at mark's after the red chord. I've only been in the lucky dog twice. the first time I showed up and akela was playing, but all the other bands were leaving and the show was canceled. and now, 3 years later, overkill which was an excellent show

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 27,2007 3:43pm
The club was notified by NEC on Thursday that Metal Church was refusing to play the show because of the system wasnt up to their technical specs as well as the stage being too small for their equipment.

One issue that came about on Tuesday was the Lucky Dog's sound engineer was drinking all night and by the time Overkill came on he wasnt capable of doing his job and a minor physical altercation took place between Overkill's roadies and the house guy.

I also heard that this guy was 4 hours late for soundcheck as well.

This is what Overkill told Metal Church and caused Metal Church to either cancel or have the show moved.

It wasnt NEC fault!

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jan 27,2007 3:46pm
This had nothing to do with the LUCKY DOG or NEW ENGLAND CONCERTS..... OVER KILL's tour manager called up METAL CHURCH and told them about the power problems. I thought the show still went over very well!! I wish METAL CHURCH would've kept the show in Worcester last night. I know quite a few people that can't make it up to Mark's......

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 28,2007 3:04am
I ran in just for part of metal church... then realized that I left my synch chord in nashua and had to jet back there.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 28,2007 3:13am
hm.. wrong thread..

toggletoggle post by Lucky Dog at Jan 28,2007 3:59am
Hey...anonymous at 3:43...
You don't know anything!!!
Our sound guy was NOT drinking all night...The sound system was (maybe) not up to the techinical specs) but was taken care of by the promoter (NE CONCERTS) and was the worst "extra" sound ever purchased.
The "physical" altercations that happened was a result of OVERKILL refusing (at 1:30pm) to set up in front of the fire / exit door...And when I say physical...Imean, "why the fuck can't we set up in front of the FIRE exit"..."well sir, because the fire marshall will shut the show DOWN and nobody will be able to see the show".
You know...nobody should have to hear a WHY when you say something can't happen in your house.
In this day and age...do we really have to mention why you CAN'T set up in front of a "FIRE" door!?!?!?!?

These people were WAY more irresponsible than I could even have said before Mr. Anonymous user posted.
Sir....you are a big fat boob.
Wherever you got your information from is a mystery.
You want the real story, talk to the Lucky Dog...which IS me.
And if anyone else wants to call and complain...my number is 508-363-1888 ask for Erick
This is for all the people that feel they got hosed by the show. (really...call me)
If YOU GOT hosed by the show on Friday...call NE Conerts.
One of my great friends gave us this show originally...under certain circumstances that DID NOT include any technical requirements.
NE Concerts was the folks that took over the show and were responsible for ALL the sound/ rider requirements and payment of the band. We were just a house to put the show in so you could ALL enjoy it in a location that was close to you.

Don't go hating us...We're in this for YOU!

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 28,2007 11:16am
anonymous said:
As far as the club being on it's "back Legs"...that couldn't be more untrue.
We have had the best year ever and are in place to have an amazing 1st half of the year.
So funny what people think.

hey now...i was just going by what i had heard here and there...i still love the lucky dog to death

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 28,2007 11:17am
i think we need a good old-fashioned steel cage match to settle this

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 28,2007 11:10pm
I thought the Lucky Dog was pretty cool.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][7:55:47am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01453 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]