New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> the_Network debut album "this is your pig's portrait" released on blackmarket activiteies OUT NOW, updates and show schedule for this weekend (26JAN07-28JAN07) plus touring update by the_Network_booking on Jan 24,2007 11:19am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_Network_booking   at Jan 24,2007 11:19am
Alright it's been almost 5 full years that we have been playing under the name the_Network and yesterday our first full length was released through blackmarket activities. If you bought it then awesome if not then go herehttp://www.indiemerchstore.com/blackmarket...133&c=&id=2480&ref=L2JsYWNrbWFya2V0
or I know all the regular places to pick up CD's have it (if people even still do that anymore).

We are playing this weekend in the NE area then off on tour with label mates Architect. Below are the NE dates. Come one come all, we could really use the support!!!

26JAN07
the Sahara club. Portland, ME w/ Porphyria and Architect

27JAN07
Nashua legion. Nashua, NH w/ The Red Chord, Trap them (ex backstabbers inc,ect..) and Architect.

28JAN07
Cabot St. Chicoppe, MA w/ The Red Chord, Ed gein, and Architect

then off with Architect for 3 weeks down to FL and so on.. check

http://myspace.comthenetworkmetal for more details

We will be keeping a journal during this tour so check our myspace if you want to read about how we are slowly killing ourselves, ect...

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jan 24,2007 11:21am
fuck yeah

lemme know about this summer!

toggletoggle post by the_Network_booking   at Jan 25,2007 7:45am
We have been getting some rather interesting reviews on this album. It's really funny how may completly different opinions there are out there.
Below is one review I thought was interesting. Check it out if ya want...
http://www.scenepointblank.com/reviews/1140

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 25,2007 7:51am
they were playing the DBH last night. they bought the CD at best buy.

toggletoggle post by the_Network_booking   at Jan 25,2007 12:38pm
nice...so it looks like best buy carries it?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 25,2007 12:41pm
I saw it and it had a BB sticker on it.

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Jan 25,2007 12:48pm
the_reverend said:
they were playing the DBH last night. they bought the CD at best buy.

i could bearly hear it over some dude munching on fries.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 26,2007 3:21pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 26,2007 4:25pm
the_Network_booking said:
We have been getting some rather interesting reviews on this album. It's really funny how may completly different opinions there are out there.
Below is one review I thought was interesting. Check it out if ya want...
http://www.scenepointblank.com/reviews/1140

"P.S. Watch out. These kids have an actual website. Check it out."
i found that funny... cd seems like it is great i will be picking it up tomorrow night!

toggletoggle post by f_n_a at Jan 26,2007 5:33pm
that is a bizarre review, i think that kid is all over the place

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 4,2007 10:55am
this cd is awesome!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 4,2007 11:25am
i got the CD the other day, and it is quite good. i had no clue nate johnson was in the band, haha. shows how much i've been paying attention.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 4,2007 12:56pm
nate johnson is everywhere.
i miss pow.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 4,2007 1:51pm
i miss deadwater drowning.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 9,2007 7:24pm
yeha

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 9,2007 10:38pm
i've listened to this disk so many times its getting out of hand.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 10,2007 10:52am
"One guy sounds like Deadwater Drowning or Premonitions of War (those are different guys, right?) "

Isn't this Nate? That's like saying "The 'A Perfect Circle' disc is kind of weird cause the vocals sound like the guy from Tool..."

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 10,2007 6:13pm
yep, that's nate.

toggletoggle post by the_Network at Feb 24,2007 8:27pm
more reviews, more questions!
the_Network

this is_your Pig’s_Portrait

Metal Blade

from
http://www.martlet.ca/view.php?aid=39335

I really wanted to hate this band. The album starts with squelchy yelps from a singer introducing the band who sounds almost exactly like Ben Kowalewicz of Billy Talent.

I had almost turned the CD player off when all of a sudden the gates of Hell opened on my eardrums with “Faith in Lust” and I shut my complaining mouth.

the_Network has perfected the art of balancing merciless musical pummelling with melodic breaks before putting on spiked gauntlets for another 12 rounds. Two singers is the method to the madness that is the_Network. I’ve heard of harmonizing melodies, but these guys harmonize their screams. One takes the high road; the other takes the low road. They’re like two serial killers on a sprawling 16-track murder spree. Sexy.
http://www.martlet.ca/view.php?aid=39335

Another one...
from http://www.metal-mayhem.co.uk/reviews/thenetwork.html
the_Network is another new band to the BlackMarket Activities roster. This five-piece's musical style is most fitting for the label they now call home. The brutal, uncompromising style of technical, grinding hardcore this five-piece plays is in the tradition of label owner, Guy Kozowyk's full-time band THE RED CHORD, DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN, and other bands that blur the line between hardcore and grind.

"We are the_Network" introduces the album and the band to the world in true hardcore punk fashion. A punkish bass rhythm slowly fades into the mix with the band chanting "this is art, call it sex..." in a mantra-like fashion that is well-known in the punk universe. Typical, hardcore vocals kick in giving the false impression that this is your average hardcore album. The other vocalist echoes the repeated lyrics with death grunts. The album's opener transitions into blasting grind complete with pummelling bass and drums and buzz saw guitar licks. Technical string manipulations fill in breaks or serve as odd leads juxtaposed onto the grinding chaos.

the_Network repeats this formula of death and hardcore vocal duels and choruses throughout the album, especially during moments when the music drops. Usually, the death vocals carry the fast portions and the hardcore vocals represent the sludgy moments. "Innocent v. State" shows the band's diversity with an acoustic outro and clean, folk rock-type vocals. The words "What if we never wake up, what if we never see the sun" are sung with a sense of longing and despair, but in a subdued manner. These lyrics are repeated in the next track "Prison Letters" but in a metallic setting. The dialectic vocal styles truly represent how compulsively running strong, negative words through your mind can lead from despondency to destruction.

The music created by bands of this style does not inspire me very much. Much of this style seems to jump around too much to create a lasting effect on my brain. After a few minutes of hearing throaty hardcore vocals and squealing guitar harmonics, I find myself seeking the comfort of headache reducers. "the_Network" is not doing anything to differentiate them from the rest of the pack, but their music is enough diversity, intelligent, and catchy parts that I can tolerate it a little longer than most bands of this style.
Darren Cowan

This is my favorite...

http://www.lastfm.co.kr/music/The_Network

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Feb 24,2007 10:12pm
hmmm im one of the top listeners to your cd on last fm haha interesting well i have listened to it around 60 times through

toggletoggle post by Napoleon_Blownapart at Feb 25,2007 2:57am
Got a copy at the SMFA show, I've been listening to it during my morning showers... is that gay?

toggletoggle post by the_Network at Feb 25,2007 10:14am
nope, just sexy.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Feb 25,2007 5:01pm
I might just buy one tonight.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][6:40:13am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01541 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]