New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Shroud HAILS FROM MN!!!! by DIE - nli on Jan 19,2007 7:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DIE - nli at Jan 19,2007 7:50pm
HAIL from Minnesota, you all suck, this is the best time EVER!!!

if you're not here you need to get on a fucking plane and get here!!!

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 19,2007 10:41pm
From what I can tell it's pretty chilly there. But, you enjoy yourself. I'm not going anywhere.

toggletoggle post by DIE - nli at Jan 20,2007 9:44am
bah, fuck the cold!

Vodka numbs the cold!

to any of you that couldn't make it, you're missing a great time! the ENTIRE 7th floor on the hotel was a party both Friday and Saturday night so far. Bathtubs filled with beer, crazy swedish violinists with broken noses, drunken&stoned Canadians stumbling around, and TONS of people from all around the world here having a great time!

if you didn't make it this year, make it a point to come next year!

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 20,2007 10:39am
haha, awesome. glad y'all are having a good time.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jan 20,2007 12:08pm
good times are overrated

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 21,2007 11:52pm
We just got home about an hour ago, and this may have been the best weekend ever for me!!!!

Hanging with 600+ people and as an american, I was a minority! This last few days, I have me lots of lifetime friends that I plan to see again! Especially Mala Morta, Maneogarm, and Will of the Ancients, I know I spelled the names wrong, But I am so tired that I will have to fix it later. ! was just retarded. That town is also amazing. I have never drank so much in my life, and never have been part of a more well organized Good time. I;m not even making sense at this moment, what a looooong trip, I stayed up with Manogarm, Obtest, Will of the Ancients and Male Morta till about 5:30 and woke up at 8 this morning to begin our trip home. Worst hang over ever lol! I was so wasted that I was definitely seeing 3 of eveything. I was drinking Jameson, Jager, Guinness Bluemoon on tap, and christ knows what else. Ohh yeah a bottle of Saki!

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 22,2007 12:04am
Congrats on that

sounds like a good time

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 22,2007 1:07am
My girlfriend said hi to Shroud's bass player I believe... she told me something like that. haha

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 22,2007 3:58am
WILL OF THE ANCIENTS are great, I sell their CD and the new MANEGARM MCD too.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 22,2007 12:50pm
we plan to do a small tour with WOTA soon, I guess their drummer was taught from the cryptopsy guy for 5 years od something. Manegarm were amazing live.

Who's yer G/F?

Thanks guys, I saw a bunch of CNV cd's there, and the guy from Celestial gave me his cd, I guess you guys are label mates or were or something, He said that he will be visiting you and that we would all hang out when he comes here!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 22,2007 12:56pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
WILL OF THE ANCIENTS are great, I sell their CD and the new MANEGARM MCD too.

how much for manegarm?

toggletoggle post by 4dh at Jan 22,2007 1:00pm edited Jan 22,2007 1:00pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
...I sell their CD...

everything you say is a sales pitch

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 22,2007 10:30pm
Ok, I just posted a half assed review of the weekend by request on another forum, so I posted it here.

There were somewhere's around 4 to 600 peeps, that is a guess though, so i could be way off. I missed some bands that I really wish I hadn't but things got kinda backed up with the shuttles as there were ass-loads of people at the hotel. Rooms 3 5 and 7 were just full of metal people from around the worl, and I am sure you can imagine what kind of party that turned into ...amazing.

bands I saw
vesperian sorrow from VA.they were so fucking awesome, they were fast black thrash with keyboards, very tight, sick guitars the singer really got the crowd going, and it made all the difference, if you haven't heard them they have free music on myspace.

Mane-o-Garm from Sweden were so amazing, They were just so powerful live, The fiddle player went shit house the whole time. the drummer sang and played Crazy blast beats at the same time...wow, awesome! Sick black metal voice and viking vocals, they also had some sing along chorus parts that were bad assed. Great band IMHO and cool guys to hang with, we did most of our drinking with them.

Vreid- Pretty crazy Dark Throne ish black metal from Sweden? Good musicians, I think the new guitarist had some problems with his cord because he kept cutting out. They also played some old Vinder stuff towards the end, overall a great set from them.

Dark Forest- they were like Philosophem era Burzum meets Bathory and Enslaved, very good mid pased black metal/ thrash from Canada I think.

GwynBleidd Man, i was very surprised, for such a young band, they really had their shit together! Kinda sounded like Enslaved meets Opeth, lots of clean acoustic parts, some viking singing and black metal vocals. very nice guitar work and a great classy drummer, I was talking to the drummer at the bar before they played, and I guess he just joined, he was very excited about their music. Awesome band indeed! They are from NY

Earthen from Chicago I think. This is Mike from ND's new band, he played bass before, but now plays acoustic guitar, there was also another acoustic guitar along with an acoustic bass too. there was a dude on electric playing the bulk of the melody stuff with ocasional lead work, and he was good! Also a violinist and a female vocalist, who i thought had a great voice. It was their first live show, and I think they did a good job. Celtic acoustic metal I guess best describes their sound, and the approach was awesome, they will be even better with time. My only gripe was their drummer(Mikes wife) was a bit sloppy, wich kinda made the tempo move around a bit, but I guess she is new to playing all together. The drumming didn't effect how cool the music was though, and I look forward to a cd from them. I'd like to play with them in the future.

SOB, well, I think it was not our best show, as I couldn't hear the drums at all and I had the bubonic Plague, and lost my voice. From the crowd people liked us, so I can't complain. Guess I'll have to wait for the video lol.

Hords Of Yore, I missed their entire set when we went back to the hotel with the gear, but from what people said in my band, they were awesome.

Mael Morda, Holy shit, they were amazing! Epic viking Doom metal from Ireland! They stole the show for sure! They played in blue war paint ala Braveheart, The singer also played flute while he crawled on top of the Guitar stacks and screamed at the crowd, in between the songs they had that crazy Irish humor that I rememmbered from the last few days of drinking with them, aside from that they were completely different people, and honestly, I wasn't expecting that music from them, They just blew my head off. Amazing! We are talking about going to Ireland to play with them.

Bal Sagoth from England were pretty spot on with their music, I am not their biggest fan, but they were very good. Kinda like black metal with some thrash thrown in.

Between the shuttle being over crowded and me being completely intoxicated (seriously, I drank more at this fest than I ever have at some points I was seeing 3 of everything) and me looking at the tons of vendors cd's and shirts and or hooking up with important people/contacts these are the bands (I wish I hadn't) missed.

Bronnson We woke up a bit late and the shuttles were pretty packed
Withering Soul We were Loading in I think, or at the hotel
Will Of The Ancients- Couldn't get there because of the shuttle again
SloughFeg My first Cd look, there were seriously Tons of cd's to look at
Obtest We went for beer and I brought my guitar to the hotel
Rudra Same thing with them
Skyforger I was obliterated at this point, and was probably getting shots with Mael Morda

The thing that sucked is that you couldn't bring your gear there in the morning, because there are so many bands and not enough room, so most bands didn't come till it was their time due to having to travel back and forth to the Hotel. So we missed a lot there and after we played. I missed 2 bands after we went to the hotel and 2 before pretty much.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][12:38:56pm Apr 20,2024
load time 0.00955 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]