Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Help! GUITAR! by gg allin on Jan 15,2007 9:21pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by gg allin at Jan 15,2007 9:21pm
I have a guitar that I purchased used for $850.00 at guitar center about a year ago and I still haven't been able to find out what year it is. I've called several places about the serial code and I can't find it anywhere. I know that it's a japanese model cause it says professional but I don't know what year it is or how much it's worth. It says professional and xl on the headstock. I am selling this guitar so I need to know how much it's worth. If anyone is interested just reply and we'll talk about it. Here are some pics and the serial is j502521 i know some fucks are gonna reply with retarded things

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 15,2007 9:26pm
dude, of course people are going to say shit to you. You bought a guitar you know nothing about. What the fuck is the matter with you. $850. You are a fucking idiot. Not even GG would defend on this one.

toggletoggle post by gg allin at Jan 15,2007 9:28pm
hey it played nice in the store i dont give a fuck if it feels good it feels goood

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 15,2007 9:32pm
Didn't you even think to look into it a bit more before purchasing it? I'm not the world's biggest cheapskate, but for $850 I wanna know everything about this guitar before buying it. Granted, it probably does play well.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 15,2007 9:38pm
Shit, GG Allin wouldn't even pay $850 for studio time.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 15,2007 9:42pm
right

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 15,2007 9:48pm
I'll give you the full $850 for it if you include the dirty laundry in the background.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 15,2007 9:51pm
hahaha

toggletoggle post by eli   at Jan 15,2007 9:55pm
probably made in the early 90s. made in japan, but to the USA model specs. basically it's the cheaper version of a usa soloist, but i'd buy it too. probably a rosewood fretboard and neckthrough? cant tell by the pictures. not sure if it's worth as much as you paid, but definitely worth around the 6-700 range to someone who would want it.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 15,2007 9:58pm
I looked on ebay but not much luck findind this particular model. Chances are that you paid a fair price. It's in good condition and most other soloists' are of high caliber. Too bad this is not an SL series. But, I'm sure you've said that to yourself.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 15,2007 11:29pm
could be an N4.

Check the wood after the 24th fret for a serial stamp, behind the headstock, in the controll cavity, and if it's not in one of those places it could be in the neck pocket or under a pickup.

give me a picture of the heel and I'll be able to tell you

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 16,2007 12:23am
Soloist XL, Made in Japan (during the Pro series era). Equivalent to the Charvel Model 6 or 650XL. Should have a Rosewood board, and the JT-590 trem. Body is poplar, neck (through) is quartersawn maple, inlays are MOP shark-fins. Serial number will be after the last fret and be JXXXXX (the first X's should tell you the year). If it's gone, then it's probably had a re-fret at some stage. These guitars were made from 1990-95. As for what it's worth? I'm guessing $500-$700(max). Since the serial starts with a 5, it's probably a 95, as that's the absolute last year they made these guitars. Hope that helps.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 16,2007 12:24am
It's also worth mentioning that they don't make guitars with inlays like that anymore because they are toxic and cause cancer. =)

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 16,2007 7:34am
Soloist XLs have been going for $500 recently on the bay.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 16,2007 8:20am
incert the serial # on the jackson websits, it could be stamped on the metal plate under the fretboard or as someone else said on the bottom of the fretboard. www.jacksonguitars.com

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 16,2007 8:27am
that's a decent call Dan, but if I'm not mistaken the Jackson website only has the USA serial numbers available for searching.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 16,2007 8:30am

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 16,2007 1:24pm
I'd go with Sinistas on this one. He's the one guy on this forum who probably knows more about jackson than me.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Jan 16,2007 1:49pm
I'd seriously do research over a couple of weeks or expired auctions on ebay and find something you're comfortable with. Early 90s Japanese models have been going up recently due to a growing scarcity of said models as well as the skyrocketing USA prices.

Niccolai - I've been enamored with Jackson since the lead guitarist in my old band bought a KV1. He later picked up a KV2, KE1F, 85 Rhoads Custom, and SLS. I'd kill for that collection. haha

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 16,2007 5:51pm
I've had the same PS4 Performer for years and I'm still satisfied with it.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 16,2007 6:13pm edited Jan 16,2007 6:14pm
The PS4 is a much cheaper Japanese import.

Mark Richards had one for years. it was used on all the TYAG and Strappado stuff.

the stock pickups on those things were bogus though.

PS4s went for about 550-600 new.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 16,2007 6:16pm
Yes, I know, I was just saying I have yet to be let down with this guitar. Jackson's have always been of my favorites. I'd probably prefer the soloist, if it weren't white.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Jan 16,2007 6:18pm
Niccolai said:

i think that was his point

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 16,2007 6:21pm
I had to change the pickups, you're right the stocks were shitty.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Jan 16,2007 6:24pm
diamond_dave said:
Niccolai said:

i think that was his point

Just pointing out that jacksons Japanese imports are rock solid, even the lower end models.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Jan 16,2007 10:42pm
i agree with that, never played a Jackson that wasn't at least decent.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][7:25:46pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.02263 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]