New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> G3 tomorrow: Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen by succubus on Nov 11,2003 5:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 11,2003 5:46pm
tomorrow

G3
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen

i got my tix and photo pass

and i know Rusted Angel is going and we're gonna try and carpool

who else will be there?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 11,2003 5:47pm
gehy

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 11,2003 5:52pm
i'd kill to video tape that if either of you see a taper please try and get me their e mail address

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 11,2003 5:56pm
damn it..i keep my camcorder at aaron's :(

so i won't be able to...but i'll keep an open eye

you not coming then jim?

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 11,2003 6:06pm
i'd kill to see that show but sadly no i won't be there it's a work nite and i am b r o k e

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 11,2003 6:19pm
sorry Jim i was only give 1 tix and 1 photo or i would have been happy to share =(

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 11,2003 6:21pm
it's all good i will get video from this tour some how vai has tony mc'alpine playing with him he rocks

toggletoggle post by blue doing his own damn radio show at Nov 11,2003 10:24pm
i wish i could go to this. id kill to see malmsteen.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 11,2003 10:29pm
Fuck Vai and Malmsteen, JOE SATRIANI MAN!!! Fucking god! And with that said I am not going. I am going, however, to cry in a corner all day and night.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 11,2003 10:49pm
hopefully my photos will cheer you up?

i'm going in thanks to Satriani and his mangement..w00t

i'm going to be using one of the Rev's lenses..i'm VERY excited!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 2:23am edited Nov 12,2003 2:23am
i don't understand why mcalpine is playing with vai, i don't want to see mcalpine, i want to see VAI!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 12,2003 7:55am
cause vai's stuff requires 2 guitarist to reproduce it live actuall in reality some of his stuff needs any where from 4 to 10 to actually be the way it was on the cd's he layers mad amounts of tracks

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Nov 12,2003 10:30am
I have to walk by the Orphium every day to get to work. I looked up at the sign today and saw G3. Damn I'm a shmuck. I wish I had known about that. I think I'll go over on my lunch and get a dozen dounuts for Yengve.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Nov 12,2003 10:35am
WhyamIandasshole said:
I have to walk by the Orphium every day to get to work. I looked up at the sign today and saw G3. Damn I'm a shmuck. I wish I had known about that. I think I'll go over on my lunch and get a dozen dounuts for Yengve.

He don't like fucking donuts.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Nov 12,2003 10:35am
Funck Yngwie, I saw G3 was John Pertrucci, thats the way it should be.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 10:40am
i'm getting in free, but i'm not sure if i'm shooting yet. carina might trade off her pass for a song so i can snap a few but we'll see.

either way i get to see this shit (free from yngwie's management) ... far beyond the sun i hope!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 1:11pm
chainsawboner: malmsteen eats donuts
v1olenc3: as he chews donuts guitar licks spew fourth from his mouth
chainsawboner: he uses donuts as guitar picks
v1olenc3: and jelly as strings
v1olenc3: he is a confectionary visionary
chainsawboner: his guitar is a chocolate cruller
v1olenc3: his amp is a boston creme stack
chainsawboner: bahahaha
v1olenc3: we are silly
v1olenc3: hahaha

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 12,2003 1:24pm
some drunk guy kept giving "homemade picks" to morbid angel

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 2:01pm
it's at 7pm and a bunch of people i know are going to be there

but i'm meeting my little bro there

btw Tom...my friend offered to drive us from the T...if you want

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 12,2003 2:05pm
I SAW MALMSTEEN OPEN FOR AC/DC IN 1985 AT THE BOSTON GARDENS

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 2:23pm edited Nov 12,2003 2:26pm
umm, i dunno it sounds like a lot of coordination to get all that right. i'm nervous enough about making it there by 6 to meet you. plus i got 2 people coming with me.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 2:25pm
heh...ok

i'm leaving work a little early..i want to get grasshoppers but i dunno how to get there

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 12,2003 2:26pm
if you are at work fake sick make it look super real and force your self to puke that works every time

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 2:27pm
i wish i could puke but i can't :(

if i could i would be nice and anorexic
lol

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 2:29pm
i'm leaving dover at 4:30...

target boston time is 6. hopefully not much traffic.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 2:31pm
i'm leaving hopkinton/westboro around the same time

woooo

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Nov 12,2003 2:34pm
i hate puking and sneezing

for the zillinth time you look fine WTF you sound like my wife geez

arron talk to her will ya

poll:

succubus hot or not

A. HOT
b. NOT

said:

lol

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Nov 12,2003 2:47pm
fuckin' A!
she appreciates my twisted sense of humor too, so A++++++ (six plusses!)

I wish I could see this wankfest, but as you know...

<---my piggy bank

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 12,2003 3:02pm
succubus said:

lol

Anorexia is when you see yourself as fat but in reality you are skinny, so you starve yourself. I think what you mean is bulimic, not anorexic.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 3:06pm
retzam said:
succubus said:

lol

Anorexia is when you see yourself as fat but in reality you are skinny, so you starve yourself. I think what you mean is bulimic, not anorexic.

yes dammit....talk about typos and misusing the English language

i'm going to go shoot myself now

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 12,2003 3:07pm
litacore said:
fuckin' A!
she appreciates my twisted sense of humor too, so A++++++ (six plusses!)

I wish I could see this wankfest, but as you know...

<---my piggy bank

<3

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 12,2003 3:09pm
1:45 left till i leave, ahhhhhhhhhhh

i feel like i need to poop.

http://www.livejournal.com/~fecefuntime/

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 12:52am
wow

what a show...

hurry up and get home Rusted Angel..i think he went to the meet and greet...

what a night!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 1:33am edited Nov 13,2003 1:34am
wow.... still in awe

total fucking shredfest. i took a few video clips, but didn't have a photopass to get anything worth posting. shitty, but i got in free and got a seat about 15-20 rows from the front. good enough for me.

malmsteen: covered a little bit of everything, blues, heavy metal, even one of the classical pieces from the japan pillharmonic orchestra album. very engergetic, threw out so many picks. carina managed to grab me one... thank you sis

vai: this guy is an alien, had tony mcalpine tearing it up on one side and some other guy also, and sheehan on bass. killer lineup, the drummers tama kit sounded so much better than yngwie's drummer and satriani's. he started out with a 3 headed guitar which was rediculous. then all three of them were playing eachothers guitars in the next song, it was crazyness.

satriani: came in kind of weak compared to vai, but redeemed himself as his show progressed showing off his chops a little more towards the end, the beginning he seemed kind of sloppy... played a few songs i know very well.

vai,sat,malmsteen: all came out at the end and played voodoo child, rockin in the free world and uhh i forget the names of the other 2 songs. they all took turns on the solo's. malmsteen seemed to do most of them.

overall, i think vai might have stole the show, but malmsteen had the most diverse setlist i think. vai and satriani's guitar tone was almost exactly the same while malmsteen's 60's fender with old marshall 8100's? stuck out like a sore thumb except for when all three were playing, malmsteen wasn't loud enough, vai even signaled to turn him up but it didn't happen. o well. amazing show.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 3:59am
"little wing"....awesome

wow tom..i was telling mt 2 friends that i thought Vai stole the show too!! i was working on my photos and i fell asleep..heh

to be continued

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 4:18am
fuck..i typed my review and i lost it

fffff

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 9:28am
i retyped it and fell asleep

their last show off this tour and what a show it was

vai and satriani seemed to have more of a bond..perhaps that has to do with satriani teaching vai

beautiful place, reminded me of the berklee center...but no photo pit..front row of seats is RIGHT AFTER the stage, so i couldn't stand there,luckily, the middle row had no seats and so front row center wasn't a bad spot =)

satriani was def the fastest
malsteem was the ham
vai was the sweetest

all three of these guys sport weddings rings but vai started telling a story about 25 yrs ago when he was at berklee, it was 1 girl for every 100 guys (like a steve vai concert he joked) and he saw this girl named pia...he had a can of tuna...he managed the nerve to go up to her and ask her out for tuna..she said no...he said..ohhh ok....and then she saw his disappointment and she said ok....then he told us she was in the audience tonight...and she gave him 2 beautiful babies..goes to show you never know what you'll end up with at Berklee...heh..and he dedicated the song to his wife...wow...beautiful

all three guys came right up and let people touch their guitars...sorta funny to see some of the crows reaction...malmsteen even ripped out his strings and gave them to the audience

they ALL played with their mouths (tongues and teeth) but vai..longest tongue guitar solo EVER wow...i'm surprised blood wasn't spurting all over the place..

and i dunno if it's because i'm a girl..but...talk about sexual energy..they all played their guitars SO intensely...you would have sworn the gave their guitars a million orgasms...the way they played and touched their instruments..their hand and face motions..wow..i thought it was quite sexual.

oh and i have to say..one of THE nicest crowds ever..after the first 3 songs from each, i had to return to my seat..which was at least a few rows behind tom i think...yeah "i think" because the guy in the second row first 2 seats to the left of center..gave me his other ticket so after snapping...i took a step back and to the left and BOOM...my seat..which is how i managed to get that pick for Tom. Then a guy right in front of me was sitting down..the only one...and i noticed him turning around...so i figured he was sitting because he was worried about getting in my shot...so i tapped him on the shoulder..and he was like.."yeah, i want you to get awesome shots"..i told him i was fine and not too worry..i couldn't believe it though...very cool people!

i think Vai only threw 2 picks...satriani about 7 or 8..and i almost got one..oh well

oh and jim..no video guy...sorry...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\'\'
that is the RttP rough version..probably full of typos... but anyhow..for now...

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Nov 13,2003 11:47am
WHO'S GOT PIC'S ???????????

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 13,2003 12:05pm
no me that's for sure.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 12:23pm edited Nov 13,2003 12:25pm
the_reverend said:
no me that's for sure.

you're gay. you shoot fag emo bands, but not 3 of the best metal guitar players ever.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 1:31pm
i do and they are all uploading..i'm donig the code now...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 2:53pm
oops forgot to add this:
G3: Satriani, Vai & Malmsteen..this is when they were all on stage together in the end:

http://www.defyunlearn.com/photos.php?date...20Satriani,%20Vai%20and%20Malmsteen

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 2:57pm
damn, i wish i could have snapped a few.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 2:58pm
sorry tom..i tried :(

i should have a picked better one of them three..but whatever...

ok Satriani:
http://www.defyunlearn.com/photos.php?date...3-11-12&id=7618&band=Joe%20Satriani

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 3:15pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 13,2003 3:18pm
worst guitar ever.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 3:24pm edited Nov 13,2003 3:26pm
the_reverend said:
worst guitar ever.

that thing was nuts

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 3:36pm
this shit was unfuckingreal.

toggletoggle post by Moran   at Nov 13,2003 4:03pm
Billy Sheehan is amazing, he's so fucking good. Yngwie looks absolutely disgusting.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Nov 13,2003 4:06pm
yngwie is awesome, out of all of them he had so much more energy... it looks like he's losing a little bit of weight but still has a gut.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Nov 13,2003 4:25pm
COOL PICS

MALMSTEEN OWNS ALL!
EXCEPT FOR ALEX SCHOLNICK

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 13,2003 4:32pm
i actually thought Malmsteen was drunk...heh

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 17,2003 1:53pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Fisting Pretentious Covenant
[default homepage] [print][3:03:02am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.07723 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]