Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Powerglove by babyshaker213 on Jan 5,2007 1:08pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by babyshaker213 at Jan 5,2007 1:08pm
what the fuck make more music i enjoy it ....so get to the game covers i wanna hear some castlevania

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jan 6,2007 9:23am
lufia 2 music is the best.... as is shadow of the colossus

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 6,2007 2:55pm
Fuck powerglove; they're a bunch of ego-infested powermanaics who think they rule metal. look what happened to revengeance haha.
good musicians, horrible at writing their own stuff. listen to the minibosses.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Jan 6,2007 2:57pm
I like Powerglove on CD but the costumes and silliness didn't really appeal to me when we played with them sometime earlier thise year. I would def. be interested in hearing some new recorded songs from them though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2007 3:38pm
you are thinkng the smile adventure, I think. I've seen powerglove and they didn't have costumes.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Jan 6,2007 3:39pm
When we played with them in Somerville (think it was the last ever Cryptic Warning show), they dressed up as video game characters.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2007 3:44pm
oh. anyone dress like chun lee?

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 6,2007 5:37pm
anonymous said:

good musicians, horrible at writing their own stuff.

Wrong. Chris writes some of the best music I've ever had the privilege of hearing. He's just never released any of it.

toggletoggle post by Phillip nli at Jan 6,2007 5:44pm
they make fun musics

toggletoggle post by Al Ravage at Jan 6,2007 5:56pm
I think they do a decent job at what they do...I just wish they'd play more classic nintendo material, because old farts like moi aren't familiar with the 3rd opus from Final Fantasy 15 1/2 for X-box 500...I just wanna hear the theme to Castlevania 1+2 and Rygar...and if they dress up as Rygar, all the better

toggletoggle post by DREADkill  at Jan 6,2007 6:05pm
the_reverend said:
you are thinkng the smile adventure, I think. I've seen powerglove and they didn't have costumes.

they were wearing plastic armor at our cd release show. i enjoy powerglove and am looking forward to hearing more stuff from them.

toggletoggle post by DREADkill  at Jan 6,2007 6:05pm
anonymous said:
Fuck powerglove; they're a bunch of ego-infested powermanaics who think they rule metal. look what happened to revengeance haha.

powerglove's better than the minibosses.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jan 6,2007 6:55pm
minibosses are terrible, fact.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jan 6,2007 8:03pm
anonymous said:

DAAAG SOMEONES BITTER

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 6,2007 8:55pm
I've played in a band with Nick, their current bass player. He's not a nerd - in fact, he used to make fun of them for being nerds.. now he's given into them. No offense to him, but that's what was inevitable. I don't have much against the band itself, however I can see the egos in the band. Go ahead. Bring the insults Powerglove. I'll be waiting.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 6,2007 9:16pm
Well, besides Nick, they don't post here, and have been down in VA playing MagFest this weekend. I don't know why you feel like calling them out, tbh.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 6,2007 9:30pm
They're not what they seem. I think they're horribly overrated - especially when it comes to covering video game songs.
You should go to Alston and hang out with them.. beware of the lingering heroin needles though... you may step on a few.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 6,2007 9:33pm
PS: They suck at Starcraft.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 6,2007 9:41pm
Minibosses are better.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jan 6,2007 9:58pm
Yeah, whatever dude. I lived with Chris for a year.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 6,2007 10:18pm
It's not theirs you know.

Haha, I bet I've met you then.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Jan 6,2007 11:10pm
theres only like one or two other bands that do the whole video game thing as good as powerglove from what i hear. They are awsome musicians, they're all like 19 and theyre playing shows way outa state and coming back with way more money than what they left with. How many bands around here do that?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 6,2007 11:11pm
bands with thousands of myspace friends! =)

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Jan 7,2007 7:15pm
anonymous said:
Minibosses are better.

no, they are not. the only thing the minibosses is better than is AIDs... and thats pushing it.

i can name atleast 10 better video game cover bands/projects off the top of my head right now, and that is without even having to think. chris and alex are great guitar players and bassil is a great musician too. get off their nuts.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker213 at Jan 8,2007 8:28am
ok i didnt start this thread for anon h-mo's to bash powerglove i simply came to request a castlevania song and say i enjoyed what they do

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_in_powerglove_(anymore) at Jan 8,2007 10:12am
anonymous said:

Revengeance didn't end because of the egos (Although they WERE present [I won't deny that]), it ended because of laziness. Well, people kept having to miss practices (For viable reasons), and nobody felt motivated to keep it going. I guess that's not really laziness.

They can write good songs.

.....and you were kidding about that Minibosses thing, right? They're fucking horrid. One of the whole reasons I wanted to do Powerglove in the first place.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Jan 8,2007 11:33am
Revengeance is easily one of the few good local bands i have heard.

toggletoggle post by Nash/nli at Jan 8,2007 8:51pm
Hey babyshaker! We should have some new material released in February, the recording got held up because of finals and what not. I agree that this is not the scene for Powerglove, which is why I never post about them on here, But i'm still friends with a bunch of people here. And of course we're egomaniacs, we go to berklee right, heh.

toggletoggle post by Nash/nli at Jan 8,2007 8:54pm
Oh and Scott, me and Chris were talking about how we want to see you again, you should come to Boston sometime. We can jam and smoke hookah

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jan 8,2007 10:18pm
so how was the VAG fest?

toggletoggle post by DREADkill  at Jan 9,2007 12:45am
Nash/nli said:
Oh and Scott, me and Chris were talking about how we want to see you again, you should come to Boston sometime. We can jam and smoke hookah

i should come over and smoke hookah too

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][8:14:15am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01656 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]