New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I hate people with new years gym resolutions by the_reverend on Jan 4,2007 7:29pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 4,2007 7:29pm
the gym was beyond packed. I renewed my membership (as I was writing carina as my emergency contact, I kept thinking what if something happened today and she's in NYC), but then when I went to downstairs, it was packed. the pool was full so I left.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:31pm
In english, please.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 4,2007 7:32pm
that not english?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:34pm
I hate people would new years gym resolutions

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:34pm
the_reverend said:
that not english?

Me fail english? That umplossible.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:37pm
You can't spell/have terrible grammar and it makes me hate you. That's all I'm saying.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 7:46pm
Watch it rich! I'll bite yer bum

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:46pm
For free?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 7:49pm
Sure

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 7:49pm
Butt cheek not butt hole

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 7:51pm
you shouldnt go in a pool at a gym anyway, you'll get herpies again.
and you might give someone the gay.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:51pm
Sounds like someone's not getting what they need in the bedroom.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 7:53pm
Who, keith? Is that why he wants my man?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 4,2007 7:54pm
Possibly.

I want kitties.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 4,2007 7:54pm
I got there and flex in front of guys. how is that gay?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 7:56pm
Not like u take pics of guys with no shirts or anything....

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 7:57pm edited Jan 4,2007 7:57pm
theres NOTHING gayer than watching yourself in the mirror as you work out... NOTHING.

i stay away from them at all cost, for fear of being that guy.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 4,2007 7:57pm
last time I saw keith, he got pissed at me cause I wouldn't drip candle wax on his nipples.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 4,2007 7:57pm
I just turned around and roler bladed off. no thank you sir.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 7:58pm
what can i say, its routine, when you vary it angers me.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 8:01pm
That reminds me of the time my friend suzanna and I went to a male strip club (we were a group of girls, but I digress), anyhow, there was a dancer on stage and he was pouring hot wax on himself..nipples, crotch, etc...he was the s&m guy of the night..he actually had a candle on stage...so su, or zanne as she liked to be called squinted...and said..he looks familiar...she grabbed her glasses out of her purse to put them on..and it was her ex..haha

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 8:05pm
if anyone wants a list of the strip clubs my ex's work in, let me know.

hahaha

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jan 4,2007 8:08pm
It's funnier if it's a male stripper though

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 8:09pm
this is true, but if i (personally) recognised a male stripper, i would have a lot of explaining to do.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 4,2007 8:16pm
It's ok, Rev. They'll all be gone in a few weeks.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Jan 4,2007 8:19pm
KeithMutiny said:
theres NOTHING gayer than watching yourself in the mirror as you work out... NOTHING.

i stay away from them at all cost, for fear of being that guy.

Actually, watching in a mirror is the best way to keep even form and make sure you're not over extending on your excercises.

However, the guy that stands in front of the mirrors AFTER he puts the weights down is definitely a fag.

In general I think Gyms are a bad thing, with the exception of two cases: Novices, and bodybuilders. Bodybuilders need access to more weight and equipment than one could reasonably store in their own home, and novices will benefit from the various machines that help with form, and being surrounded by trainers and other members that can offer advice or teach them new excercises.

Any one else, however, is simply there because without their fucking steam room, fruity drinks, and the girls in leotards, they'd never have the resolve to pick up a weight on their own. There is NOTHING you can do for your body at a gym that you cannot do at home with a good set of dumbells, 200 lbs in varying weight plates, and a bench that can do incline/decline and leg extensions. Total cost? About $200 or less. How much does your gym membership cost?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 4,2007 8:21pm
my gym has no leotards, fruity drinks, or steam rooms.

its pretty low key, to be honest.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 4,2007 8:23pm
I love my gym.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 5:42am
the_reverend said:
the gym was beyond packed. I renewed my membership (as I was writing carina as my emergency contact, I kept thinking what if something happened today and she's in NYC), but then when I went to downstairs, it was packed. the pool was full so I left.

yes, we call call them "seasonals"
they last a week, up to a month and it's pure fucking hell when they are there.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 6:31am
oh and not to mention all the faggot college kids that have xmas vacation or whatever off. assholes should just stay at home studying each others balls. that's basically what they do at the gym anyway? faggots! all of them! faggots!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 5,2007 8:30am
Luckily my gym is small and doesn't have a large member base. The owner makes all of his cash from personal training. Clowns usually get laughed out of there. Like the "Planet Fitness Powerlifter" -- I guess this douche showed up from Planet Fitness and tried to do his 1st set on the bench with 275 and no spotter. He got pinned and humiliated and never came back.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 8:38am
haha. great story. people should just be themselves. instead you have people trying to show you up or something? i'll lift heavy if i feel like lifting heavy, i'll lift light if i feel like lifting light.

275 doesn't seem like all that much for a meat head.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2007 8:39am
my gym rules... they play nothing but heavy rock and metal over the sound system... and death metal on the weekends!

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 8:41am
FuckIsMySignature said:
my gym rules... they play nothing but heavy rock and metal over the sound system... and death metal on the weekends!

that's fucking awesome! i'm lucky if BOSTON comes on or something. it's usually nigjib shit. i hate wearing headphones though.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 8:43am
Messerschmitt said:
haha. great story. people should just be themselves. instead you have people trying to show you up or something? i'll lift heavy if i feel like lifting heavy, i'll lift light if i feel like lifting light.

I see so many people at our gym trying to show off and lifting the wrong way.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 8:45am
Messerschmitt said:
FuckIsMySignature said:

that's fucking awesome! i'm lucky if BOSTON comes on or something. it's usually nigjib shit. i hate wearing headphones though.

Our gym made me buy a fucking mp3 player. The shit they play is a fucking joke. My brother in law and I once counted 4 fucking Gwen Stefani "songs" in a single hour and a half trip to that musical hellhole.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 8:46am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
Messerschmitt said:

i know, it's retarded. i saw a kid a couple of days ago dumbell pressing 120 lbs dumbells... he was bringing them down only about 3 or 4 inches. oh well... as long as he was seen with those 120's. hahaha.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 8:46am
banannas

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 5,2007 9:17am
Messerschmitt said:
Messerschmitt said:

i know, it's retarded. i saw a kid a couple of days ago dumbell pressing 120 lbs dumbells... he was bringing them down only about 3 or 4 inches. oh well... as long as he was seen with those 120's. hahaha.

275 isn't that much, but this kid was doing it for his WARM UP set. I usually do 135 warm-up, then 225, then 275, then 315, then 365 (which is more or less a negative, because that's fucking heavy for my monkey arms). Anyone who tries to warm up with heavy weight is retarded and will hurt themselves.

Yeah, don't you love those morons who load up the weight and do mini-reps? We have this skinny guy who loads up the leg press and then barely bends his knees. Next time you see the kid with the 120s moving them 3 inches, just tell him "Wow, that's a great tricep routine." $10 says he won't know you're making fun of him.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:23am edited Jan 5,2007 9:23am
>>
275 isn't that much, but this kid was doing it for his WARM UP set. I usually do 135 warm-up, then 225, then 275, then 315, then 365 >>

365? wtf are you on?

>>
Yeah, don't you love those morons who load up the weight and do mini-reps? We have this skinny guy who loads up the leg press and then barely bends his knees. Next time you see the kid with the 120s moving them 3 inches, just tell him "Wow, that's a great tricep routine." $10 says he won't know you're making fun of him.>>

no shit

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 5,2007 9:26am
Messerschmitt said:

275 isn't that much, but this kid was doing it for his WARM UP set. I usually do 135 warm-up, then 225, then 275, then 315, then 365

365? wtf are you on?
Like I said, it's just for a negative, I can only bring it down, it goes back up, but with a decent amount of spotting involved.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:29am
oh yarrrrr those are killer. bringing the bar down as slow as possible.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2007 9:31am
I lift heavy things just to tire myself out so I don't end up swimming for 2hrs and I have no idea what a tricep routine is, but 120lbs is a lot of weight for me.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 9:34am
I just hide behind the cardio machines in the back and masturbate while people do pilates.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:34am
tricep routine could be like a close grip bench press or skull crusher. i could see how bringing down the dumbells 3 inches would work the tri's. haha. 120 is a lot of weight for me to push too Rev.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:37am
I just hide behind the cardio machines in the back and masturbate while people do pilates.

dude... wednesdays... highschool cheer leading practice.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:38am
seriously
i once saw a nip slip

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 9:40am
Messerschmitt said:

dude... wednesdays... highschool cheer leading practice.

I know man.... dear fucking lord do I know.

toggletoggle post by blackmetallady at Jan 5,2007 9:44am
I love news years fitness resolutions... it gets me more clients for home training. $$$$$$$$ Which is probably why I spend less time on this board lately. I'm sure that pleases some.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 9:51am
show us your tits!

toggletoggle post by keithmobile at Jan 5,2007 9:52am
i go to a small place in milford, except its with my best friend who presses 425 for fun, so i just out do him on the cardio machines to make myself feel better

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2007 10:01am
its the eliptical for my fatass...

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 10:34am
I lost 60lbs on one of those things. It wasn't one of the skiing type ones, though. It was a little different.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 10:38am
i use those instead of the treadmill too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2007 10:53am
I usually go into the weight room for 20-30 minutes and then into the pool for 20-60 minutes. I started doing this in september 3-5 times a week. I went from 180 to almost 200lbs in a few weeks. now I'm around 188, but I got out of my routine. I need to go back and get back into it. maybe start running a mile on the track too... I just get so bored and sweaty running. in the pool if I sweat.. well... it's all water.

in the weight room, I do 3 sets of 10 on the machines at whatever the heaviest weight I can do is. I usually start on the legpress (5x45lbs, 6x45lbs, 7x45lbs + the sled), chest press (140/150lbs), leg extention (150/160lbs), rowing machine (150lbs), shoulder press (70/80lbs), calf um.. press? (2x45lbs), and then if I don't feel like puking, the stomach crunching thing (210 lbs). some days I work in the butterfly machine with 100lbs on it.. but I don't like it so usually not. then I start back at the legpress. After that, I go to the pool and swim laps.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 11:08am
This is the cardio machine I use:

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2007 11:12am
I would look at that and have no idea how to do anything on it. it looks like that vehicle from south park that drives a corkscrew in your ass, but is better than flying.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 11:17am
It's like a rubik's cube.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 11:29am
the_reverend said:
I usually go into the weight room for 20-30 minutes and then into the pool for 20-60 minutes. I started doing this in september 3-5 times a week. I went from 180 to almost 200lbs in a few weeks. now I'm around 188, but I got out of my routine. I need to go back and get back into it. maybe start running a mile on the track too... I just get so bored and sweaty running. in the pool if I sweat.. well... it's all water.

180 to 200lbs?! even doing all that cardio / burning cals in the pool?

i gained 30 lbs in 3 months from 200 to 230 now. in the past three months all i did was drink and eat. i'm going to focus more on cardio than lifting for a while so i can burn the keg off.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2007 11:34am
I think the pool cardio didn't start "taking effect" until now.. and that's why I'm back at 188. I used to be 145-155.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 11:36am
holy vegan jesus!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2007 11:38am
Messerschmitt said:
i use those instead of the treadmill too.

Is it better to go for speed or distance on those things for fat burn? I usually try to do 3 miles at 20 minutes.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 5,2007 11:39am
Messerschmitt said:
the_reverend said:

180 to 200lbs?! even doing all that cardio / burning cals in the pool?

i gained 30 lbs in 3 months from 200 to 230 now. in the past three months all i did was drink and eat. i'm going to focus more on cardio than lifting for a while so i can burn the keg off.

ugh, I hear ya. Too much liquid in the liquid grain storage facility. Unfortunately I like beer more than I like not having the extra 10lbs on me.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 5,2007 11:40am
funny, when I was 145-155, I ate chicken 2-3 times a year. I was just too poor to get food and always too busy. now, there food everywhere. heck, there's a cafe in the library now. WTF! americans are fat and stupid.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 5,2007 11:41am
speed to burn more fat. stay at a fast enough pace so you don't over do it though. the longer you're on the thing, the more cals/fat you'll burn.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2007 11:44am
cool thanks

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 5,2007 11:45am
I hate treadmills, they're boring. I do either the elliptical or the uh...one that lifts the peddles up and kicks your ass...forget what it's called. Cross something...for 30-45 minutes and retreat to the girlie weight room or yoga class for a while after. My new gym has belly dancing too I guess, you should do that Aaron, it'll work that girlish figure.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 3:50pm
i have this theory with resolutions...they never work because you set a date for it to happen. it's not like you REALLY want to do it, you just say to yourself "yeah, a new year, and i'll finally get in shape" or "quit smoking cigarettes" or something to that effect.

if you really wanted to, you wouldn't have waited to start

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 5,2007 4:22pm
i do 10 miutes on the treadmill at about 7mph, a fast walk.
then 5 minutes at a fast jog, usually over 15mph.
then 20 minutes on a bike, at level 10 resistance
then 20 minutes elliptical on 50% resistance
10 sets of 7 on the weight bench
then random dicking around with dumbells and back workouts
then depending on the day, up to an hour on legs.
each day is followed by 20-50 sets on the ab machine set as high as it goes.

i havent done it since spring because of work, but when i started that workout, i had a noticable difference and six pak within only 2 weeks of doing that 5 days a week.

along with eating right.

now that i quit drinking, i expect results almost twice as fast, but i just need the money to get my membership.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 5,2007 4:31pm
i wish i could go 5 times a week but my body wont let me. i need that day of rest in between to recover enough energy to go back again. fucking sucks.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 4:33pm
i work out everyday, but nothing strenuous...just trying to get in better shape(i'm eating a little better as well)

i basically try to work every muscle group until they get a little sore, and then i'm content

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 5,2007 4:43pm
well, mines more cardio than anything else, its just about endurance.

i try and keep my heartrate ate almost 160 the entire time, and it burns calories like a mother fucker.

in the last 3 weeks alone, with no exercise, no booze, and watching what i eat, ive lost 8lbs. which isnt bad for just taking care of myself.

i just need to work on kicking smoking then all will be well.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 4:47pm
cardio is my arch-nemesis...i know it's what i need to do to drop pounds but i hate running like a fat kid hates running

then again i don't necessarily wanna be skinny...just tone up a little bit

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 4:50pm
Use the eliptical, mang.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 5,2007 4:55pm
Use the eliptical, mang.

its true, that machine is prolly the best one in there.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 5:00pm
my sis has one of those at our apartment...although it never gets use cuz i never fuck with it and she hates exercise

i might try it out for a couple weeks and see how it helps my progress though

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 5,2007 5:01pm
SacreligionNLI said:
my sis has one of those at our apartment...although it never gets use cuz i never fuck with it and she hates exercise

i might try it out for a couple weeks and see how it helps my progress though

if you wanna sell it, hook me up!

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 5:04pm
it's hers to sell, but i'll see what she says.

i might wanna try it out for a bit. when i first got off the crutches in like april i tried messin around with it but my ankle wasn't rehabilitated enough yet, and it would bother the fuck out of me

now would be a good a time as any to try it again though

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Jan 5,2007 5:05pm
I don't really like the regular elipticals. The ArcTrainer is where it's at, yo.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 5,2007 5:07pm
why did u stop drinking Keith?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 5,2007 5:08pm
hers isn't as elaborate as that one...but it's really all the same if you think about it

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Jan 5,2007 5:13pm
yummy said:
why did u stop drinking Keith?

cost me too much money, i was gaining too much weight, i was getting so drunk that i forgot what i was doing 90% of the time i was drinking, and most people didnt belive i could do it.

so i did.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jan 5,2007 5:17pm
You have some pretty good reasons. I gotta hand it to ya. Sorry, I know this is a gym thread. I was just curious.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][12:06:08pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02984 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]