New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> FM transmitters for mp3 players by DeRtOxIa on Dec 29,2006 12:33pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Dec 29,2006 12:33pm
don't waste your time with these pieces of shit. I just bought a belkin fm transmitter for 50 bucks. Opened it up and plugged it all in and everything. Unbearable static. It only transmitts in stereo some of the time and in between songs theres really loud static in addition to the static in the background all the time. I just looked and found out that i could have gotten a whole new CD deck for 75 bucks. Im returning this lunk of shit of doing that.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Dec 29,2006 12:44pm
Some of them work very well and are even cheaper.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 29,2006 12:45pm
yea i had a Griffin Itrip and sold it to one of my friends from $20. the Static is overbearing.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 29,2006 12:47pm
Niccolai said:

such as?

Does your trasmitter connect to the player through the headphone jack or through the digital port? That could be the difference.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Dec 29,2006 12:53pm
xmikex said:
Niccolai said:

such as?

Does your trasmitter connect to the player through the headphone jack or through the digital port? That could be the difference.

My sister's itrip works badass and there is no static or signal degridation.

You haveto make sure the Audio player is running low volume (30-50 percent) and use the volume of the car stereo for anything louder.

if you turn the volume on the player up all the way, there will be signal degridation.

I hear alot of people walk poorly about transmitters and say they 'ruin the qaulity of the songs'. Well let's face it, if you bought and MP3 player or Ipod, you probably don't care as much about audio quality as you think you do.

toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Dec 29,2006 12:59pm
I hear ya there. Of course I'm no audio connoisseur. But i just think these fm transmitters are complete ripoffs. If i had known that for just a little bit more money i could have got a whole new deck i would have done it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 29,2006 1:02pm
it's ok, but it's a temporary fix

toggletoggle post by nate   at Dec 29,2006 2:57pm
I have a Maxell FM transmitter for my IPOD and it works awesome, it only gets static when the batteries need to be replaced.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Dec 29,2006 3:07pm
i have the belkin one that you described, and i find it can work awesomely and sometimes horribly as well. position is definetly crucial, and ive found that sticking to the lower, less occupied frequencies makes it a lot better as well.

i just wish i had a cd player with an 1/8 jack in the front, really.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 29,2006 4:52pm
I had a belkin and it sucked. The Itrip worked out great for me. I'm having the same problem with my sirius radio. I had a sportster and it worked awesome. I just upgraded to the one that works as an Mp3 player and it's static city.

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 29,2006 5:20pm
what frequencies does it transmit from? my Sirius radio can use any FM frequency, fucking killer. I had a 20 transmitter from Walgreens that used 88.1-88.9 which sucks in eastern mass because of so many college stations using those frequencies

toggletoggle post by ctborderpatrol at Jan 2,2007 12:25am
just block everything out and use something from www.nrgkits.com. even the lowest powered 300 milliwatt one will block out any offending signals (and make it listenable for about 1/2 mile in each direction)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 2,2007 12:26am
I need a frequency counter...

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 2,2007 7:13am
I have a Monster iCarPlay and my only complaint is the fact that it transmits at such a low volume that I have to crank my car stereo to get decent output from it

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 2,2007 10:14am
fm transmitters suck so bad for mp3 players i have a monster cabel one for my ipod and that ok but it sucks 90% of the time with static best bet is if you have a tape deck get one of the tapes that have a 1/8 jack on it and use that and yes that is another complaint i have DIE

toggletoggle post by mOe @ work at Jan 2,2007 10:51am
i have a stereo with an 1/8th inch jack in the front and its the best way to go. the only thing second to that is a tape adapter. Your best bet is going to a best buy and buying a cheap tape deck stereo with an 1/8 inch jack in the front for like 40 bucks, thats what i did.

toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Jan 2,2007 11:32am
actually circuit city has a sony xplod cd deck for 80 bucks with an input on the front.

toggletoggle post by ctborderpatrol at Jan 2,2007 11:40am
xanonymousx said:
fm transmitters suck so bad for mp3 players i have a monster cabel one for my ipod and that ok but it sucks 90% of the time with static best bet is if you have a tape deck get one of the tapes that have a 1/8 jack on it and use that and yes that is another complaint i have DIE

its only because you're using toys. they only put out a power level of 2-5 milliwatts. its what the fcc allows. but the way i see it is the fcc isnt a legitimate regulatory agency so you gotta stretch those rules a bit to get something useable

toggletoggle post by SinisterMinister at Jan 2,2007 12:32pm
All of these fucking FM transmitters are fucking terrible. The quality of sound resembles that of a college radio station, they are made to break, and to top it off, they are expensive as hell.
It doesn't matter which way they plug in, no matter which FM transmitter you decide to use, the results wil be lackluster at best.
The best way to go is to use a cassette adapter. And if your vehicle doesn't have a tape deck, get one installed.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 2,2007 1:52pm
I'm getting a new Alpine deck for my car with a direct iPod interface. that way there, I can surf through my iPod from my stereo, insted of using the scroll wheel on my iPod.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Honored Necromonic Rage
[default homepage] [print][12:16:34pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01301 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]