New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Emo show tonight: the Dear Hunter & Therefore I Am by the_reverend on Dec 28,2006 5:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Dec 28, 2006 QVCC (Worcester, MA)
four_year_strong - 2006-12-28
Four Year Strong(79)
flash animated slider show
therefore_i_am - 2006-12-28
Therefore I Am(131)
the_dear_hunter - 2006-12-28
The Deer Hunter(53)
wax_on_radio - 2006-12-28
Wax On Radio(42)
December 2006red means cancelled
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 5:20pm
THE DEAR HUNTER & THEREFORE I AM w/ special guests WAX ON RADIO & FOUR YEAR STRONG

I'm going to go to this show and catch up on some reviews between bands. though I like therefore i am.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 28,2006 5:48pm
is this at the qvcc? i just drove by there and thought it weird that a bunch of vans were being unloaded there on a thursday

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 6:08pm
I'm leaving for it noizzle.

toggletoggle post by jim_is_signed_up_for_an_account at Dec 28,2006 7:21pm
I was gonna go to this, the dear hunter is alright.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 8:04pm
holly shit packed!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 8:51pm
four year strong: hm.. Have I seen this band before? They look familiar, but I'm sure I saw them out of context and didn't like them then (Cambridge WYCA or hudson roller kingdom?). I ran in to a packed house, them on the stage, and matt (bury you dead) standing up on the crowd.. It sort of feels like I'm chaperoning a highschool dance. The lack of cars outside is probably due to parental drop-offs. anyhow. These guys were poppy but with a hardcore edge, but pretty entertaining. All high-energy. The crowd was on their feet and dancing in a major way. During the breakdowns, they moshed, during the rock, they danced in place, and during the rest of the time, bodies flew off the stage like it was a Sept 11th and this was NYC. (Hm.. Is it too soon? Ok, I'll use that one again later.) amazing that a band like this has 200-300 kids screaming their lyrics back at them like they were SRE or something. even songs that the crowd didn't know sent kids up in the air, crowd surfing. And the oddest thing were the number of people who turned and left the minute FYS finished. people dig on this band hardm huh?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 9:21pm edited Dec 29,2006 1:56am
one of the guys from vanna talked to me and I guess their new CD is out in april and it's harder.

wax on radio: this is like the only band that I know my station has CDs from. It's like pearl jam (in that bob dylan way) meets.. um.. something emo... with lots of arty/70's instruments tossed into the mix. they were ok. Some of the stuff sounded like it could be close to brighteyes sounding on CD.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 11:08pm
I feel like a pussy... but good show!

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 11:09pm
aren't you?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 11:15pm
touché

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 29,2006 12:18am
what's the problem?

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Dec 29,2006 12:22am
the_reverend said:
It sort of feels like I'm chaperoning a highschool dance.

I'll have to second that. But what else can you expect - it is, after all an all ages event / venue. Good thing there was such a turnout. My friend is the one who runs those shows and he was nervous there might not be enough of a crowd due to another show tonight... Glassjaw I think.

the_reverend said:
I feel like a pussy... but good show!

Yeah, I'll agree to that too... about myself that is. I was (moderately) surprised to see you there. The venue itself could benefit from a little publicity. People need to pay attention to Grand Unified Presents as they will be booking more metal shows @QVCC over the next couple months.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 29,2006 12:51am
I was surprised to see myself there too.. but it was fun.

pictures

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 29,2006 12:57am
it almost looks like there was some fun goin on there.

toggletoggle post by jim_is_signed_up_for_an_account at Dec 29,2006 1:40am

look at that guy with the pins in his hat, i bet this is his midlife crisis.

toggletoggle post by ZenErik   at Dec 29,2006 1:59am edited Dec 29,2006 2:10am
jim_is_signed_up_for_an_account said:

look at that guy with the pins in his hat, i bet this is his midlife crisis.

And there's me in the middle with the Pelican shirt.

There were so many girls there that had to be 12, but whatever. First time seeing The Dear Hunter. I was disappointed, but they were still pretty decent. I wanted to see the fucking horns used live. And the keyboardist wasn't playing some of the fast passages.

Four Year Strong was certainly interesting. It was like Fall Out Boy meets Hellogoodbye, and a ton of moshing. Some huge guy grazed my head when he decided it'd be a great idea to throw out a big kick to the air.

Anyway Aaron, seems you missed the first band, Francine... And Her Ruby Slippers. They had a bit of hipster Portugal. The Man sound.

I can't say I enjoyed Therefore I Am too much besides the At The Drive-In cover.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 29,2006 2:06am
I'm going to listen to WOR when I get home. I posted that review while they were still playingtheir set. Some of the cresendos they had were cool, very different. Lot of air in between nows that add to it which were lost in the echoy din of this place. Their drummer spazzes out and reminds me if bugs & rats drummer (though he doesn't hit as hard).

therefore i am: I think this is the first time seeing them with the new guitar player. Not as many people as the FYS set, but it was pretty much as crazy in the pit. Some times the singer would hit an off key, but other than that (and the mic for the keyboard messing up), it was a perfect set. I want to go see them at the ICC tomorrow now. They did a at the drive-in cover and I nearly got trampled by the only 2 other to people who knew the song. I'm not an at the drive-in fan, but that doesn't mean I don't know their music. Is the screen on their mac messed up? Looks like therefore there are giant bubbles on the lcd.

The Deer Hunter, the: I think they sound have been butted up with wax of radio some how. They were the cursive to WOR's brighteyes. the singer reminded me of time (cursive) when I saw tim's other band (mayday?) I didn't see the top of the keyboards, but it didn't look like a vintage synth, but had the vintage synth sound. Synths like that should weight 100lbs.

toggletoggle post by CZ doesn't know his password at Dec 29,2006 3:41am
I went to this show at the living room, it was crazy.
it was my first time seeing TIA and they where really good, played the same cover as well..
the reason i went was for the dear hunter one of my top favorite bands right now the dude with the pins in his hat is the singers dad he was at the show last night too...

rev the singer use to be the singer/3rd guitar player in the receiving end of sirens as well. the top synth is just a m-audio controller thingy they use with reason, and the bottom one is a korg something or other

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 29,2006 8:24am
it was a korg nord electro. hm, I liked the receiving end of sirens.

toggletoggle post by cav at Dec 29,2006 11:51am
yea TIA is an emo band i cant get enough of. not sure why. i wanted to catch em in providence a couple days ago but i had no one to go with cus my friends are too metal. lol. so this instead of glassjaw rev?

toggletoggle post by midgetstealer at Dec 29,2006 1:54pm
Glassjaw was alot of fun lastnight...surprisingly

toggletoggle post by 123 at Dec 29,2006 2:17pm
mat from byd is into the emo shit huh??

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Dec 29,2006 2:20pm
i think he's friends with one of the 4YS guys

toggletoggle post by Dark_violinist  at Dec 29,2006 2:22pm edited Dec 29,2006 2:24pm
>>

Rock the pews people!

Looks like the stage my 4th grade play was on.

toggletoggle post by GrandUnifiedPresents   at Dec 29,2006 4:11pm
Thanks for taking all the great shots of last nite Rev! Also, a HUGE thanks to all of you who came out. Great show to end the year with.

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Jan 3,2007 11:07am
123 said:
mat from byd is into the emo shit huh??

High school buddies. He's from here. And I was told that one of the 4YS guys was in a band with Matt but left to do 4YS, or maybe it was the other way around... I dunno.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][9:57:20am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.04278 secs/24 queries]
[search][refresh page]