New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> some mom is trying to ban myspace.com from the public library in my town. by KeithMutiny on Dec 27,2006 9:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:18pm
i just saw the petition at the lil peach next to my house and i laughed at it in front of a bunch of soccer moms. I go a lot of evil stares, fuck em.

fahrenheit 451, anyone?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 9:19pm
I wish parents would stop blaming everything for their awful, stupid kids. It's their fault. Not MySpace's.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 27,2006 9:20pm
Anyone who gets involved in myspace relationships should be raped anyways

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:21pm
archaeon said:

laugh if you will, but im goin on almost 2 years now, hahahaha

even i think its odd, but im happy, o well.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 27,2006 9:28pm
That's different

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Dec 27,2006 9:30pm
Myspace should be banned from kids using it. That shit is Evil and sets them up to be raped by sickos - or at least be stalked by them.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 9:31pm
I've met a ton of awesome people via the internet, at populated places like shows and parties. However people like 14 year old girls who post pictures of the tits and ass on myspace and then meet some dude alone somewhere and get raped are fucking idiots.

That was never even a fucking option to me because my mother and father taught me not to be a moron. As Rich and I have often mused about, everyone should have Irish parents...there'd be a lot less idiots/pussies in the world.

Movies, games, music and the internet don't raise kids.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:31pm
hungtableed said:
Myspace should be banned from kids using it. That shit is Evil and sets them up to be raped by sickos - or at least be stalked by them.

good, it'll set them up for high school.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 9:32pm
hungtableed said:

If your 14 year old daughter is being a whore on the internet, you did something wrong as a parent. We can't cushion the world because parents are too lazy to teach their children how to act right.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:33pm
pam said:
As Rich and I have often mused about, everyone should have Irish parents...there'd be a lot less idiots/pussies in the world.

i can second that, growing up in a strict irish catholic family

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 9:33pm
KeithMutiny said:
hungtableed said:

good, it'll set them up for high school.

Fucking genius point, High School will traumatize and expose a kid the likes of which a fucking website never could.

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Dec 27,2006 9:37pm
MySpace got banned during peak hours at BCC because retards spent all day on the site rather than letting people with papers to print and research to do use the computers. I agree with that, but parents have no clue. My kids are going to be tough, take no shit and question just about everything today's spoon-fed milquetoast teachers have to say. I can't wait for the suspension notices the first time a history teacher tangles with one of my boys over Christopher Columbus.

Not Irish or Catholic, but I was raised in a mutt home, the spawn of a half-indian, half-Portuguese dad and a Scotch-English mom. I'll kill a motherfucker.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 9:40pm edited Dec 27,2006 9:40pm
Chris's oldest son (4) can do math faster than me. My nephew is a genius. True story.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:41pm edited Dec 27,2006 9:42pm
i got a kid story, my gf thought she might be pregnant, and i told her if she was i was gonna push her down the stairs.

true story.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 27,2006 9:46pm
KeithMutiny said:
i just saw the petition at the lil peach next to my house and i laughed at it in front of a bunch of soccer moms. I go a lot of evil stares, fuck em.

You should seriously hang up some sort of petition right next to the myspace one that let's them know they're shitty fucking parents.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:48pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
KeithMutiny said:

You should seriously hang up some sort of petition right next to the myspace one that let's them know they're shitty fucking parents.

thats a good idea, i just may do that actually

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 27,2006 9:52pm
I'm not sure what could be written, though. I'm not in a creative mood.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:53pm
oh, it would only ake a me a few minutes, and would be done very professionally...

spell check and all...

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 27,2006 9:56pm
You'll definitely have to let us know what you put up, and keep us updated on the results. I hate those stupid fucking parents who blame everybody else for their fuckups.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 27,2006 9:59pm
well, my town is surrounded by yuppie towns (medfield, dover, sherborn, etc.) so i think they're leaking in here...

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 10:05pm
That's a really good idea.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 27,2006 10:19pm
myspace is the new live journal which is the new marilyn manson.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 27,2006 10:20pm
Which is the new shoving a foot long bratwurst up your bleeding asshole.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 27,2006 10:22pm
Just to play devils advocate here...what good is myspace at a library?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 10:25pm
Yummy, it is no good. I could see banning it from a library where people are supposed to do research and other constructive things. The gripe is that these moms are trying to ban it because they think it's corrupting their kids, not because it's not a constructive way to use a library computer.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 27,2006 10:26pm
my guess is that the mom's that don't want their kids on myspace and block it at their house don't want their kids going on it at the library....

hmmm i don't know why it would be good at a library research?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 10:27pm
I'm glad my school banned it from the library during peak hours, I can actually do my fucking work now.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 27,2006 10:30pm
I hear ya. I agree with all the above statements. But, if kids are just going to the library to use myspace, they are taking up other people's time. I don't know...

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 27,2006 10:32pm
I agree that it doesn't belong at the library. My earlier point was that if kids were raised right, MySpace wouldn't be harmful to them because they'd be smart and responsible.

People need to stop trying to shelter and cushion their kids and instead teach them to be smart and responsible.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 27,2006 10:33pm
So, doesn't it mean that if there's no myspace at the library then peolpe who actually want to expand their mind don't have to wait for a bunch of kids to post their blogs or whatever.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 27,2006 10:34pm
yummy said:
I hear ya. I agree with all the above statements. But, if kids are just going to the library to use myspace, they are taking up other people's time. I don't know...

I rarely see people doing anything remotely important on the computer in my library. 90% of the times its kids playing halo.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 27,2006 10:36pm
Well...these parents must've already made some mistakes if kids just want to go to the library for myspace.
Again, I agree Pam.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 27,2006 11:12pm
KeithMutiny said:
archaeon said:

Yeah, man. I have a bunch of friends that have been in seemingly healthy relationships from myspace. Actually, a friend of mine met a dude on myspace from Florida and she moved down there to be with him. We all thought she was fucking nuts, but then they moved up here and he's the bee's knees and all that shit.

Myspace isn't 100% evil. Just mostly gay.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 27,2006 11:13pm
oh, and censorship is shitty and un-American.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 27,2006 11:27pm
I've learned to never get too chummy with anyone I meet on the computer just because I know there's a good chance I'll be too lazy to ever actually meet them in person. Not to mention the fact that I don't really like people anyway.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Dec 27,2006 11:36pm
meeting people in person that you met on the internet is fucking whack! esp. people looking for relationships. I always get a good chuckle over how pathetic someone is who is listed as a myspace member for "Dating/serious relationships"

toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Dec 27,2006 11:39pm
wow i actually almost feal really good about my college now. They don't ban anything. Not because they can't or don't feel like it....but because the president of the college is super anti-censorship. They just monitor the library and watch what people are doing. If it starts getting crowded they just kick off the people who aren't doing anything. If it's dead....who cares, do what you want. They figure that since we're paying our bills then we should have full use of the facilities.

toggletoggle post by Murph nli at Dec 28,2006 10:01am
KeithMutiny said:
archaeon said:

Yeah, I was in a great relationship with a gorgeous girl I met on myspace. We were together for about a year and a half. Then she realized she didn't like me anymore because I'm a very caustic person and destroy everyone around me.

High-five to me for being the "bad part" of a myspace hookup. Beware!?

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Dec 28,2006 10:03am
pam said:
I wish parents would stop blaming everything for their awful, stupid kids. It's their fault. Not MySpace's.

it's not necissarily 100 percent their fault, but a good portion of those kids are lowlifes because of their parents

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 28,2006 10:32am
those are the parents that have DVD players on the back of their car chairs cause even they can't stand their kids.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 28,2006 10:36am
this is why america is going downhill fast. parents these days are push overs more than ever.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 28,2006 10:39am
it scares me to raise kids some day. my kids will be the only ones who arent pussies. they will be educated and down to earth amongst a sea of pansy ass idiots. people have children and forget that its a responsibility like no other. they spawn with the idea of "oh a cute little baby" but fail to see that they are in it for 18+ years, 24 hours a day. everyones mature enough to fuck but not mature enough to deal with the consequences.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 28,2006 10:46am

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 10:52am
If you don't take road trips there is almost no reason to have DVD player in your car. And parents wonder why kids watch too much tv and are getting fatter and dumber.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 28,2006 10:54am
the only reason to have kids is for slave labor

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 28,2006 10:54am
pam said:
If your 14 year old daughter is being a whore on the internet, you did something wrong as a parent. We can't cushion the world because parents are too lazy to teach their children how to act right.

Wow. Pam and I agree on something.

Some parents are too lazy to do the things that are fundamental to being a parent, like paying attention to their kids or acting like loving, supportive parents, which is why their kids are so desperate for attention (and affection) that they post pictures of themselves looking like skanks on myspace. It's not just the girls, either. I've seen quite a few profiles from high school aged boys who have pictures of their abs and such.

Thank Paris Hilton for the fact that it's trendy to be a whore now.

Thank stupid parents for letting their kids act like whores. It's just like that South Park episode... "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset".

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 10:57am
haha...so true. It's weird how lots of girls say "I'm not a slut"...well, according to your myspace pics you are. Then they keep the comments of guys saying, "oh I'd hit it". There ya go.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 28,2006 10:57am

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 10:58am
clear high heels are essential.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 28,2006 11:03am
yummy said:

myspace is a method of communication to some people who dont use email i guess... so i would assume a good reason would be if math project buddies were myspace freinds they could get the assignment before reading up on stuff. blocking it would just make the place of work less functional... in addition some people use it for business (yuck).

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 28,2006 11:14am
yummy said:
haha...so true. It's weird how lots of girls say "I'm not a slut"...well, according to your myspace pics you are. Then they keep the comments of guys saying, "oh I'd hit it". There ya go.

My boyfriend has a younger sister, and it's crazy to see the pictures that some of her friends have on their profiles. I've ended up looking at some of them and thinking, "Jesus Christ!! That girl is only 16!!???" Just the fact that I saw the pictures in the first place makes me feel dirty.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 11:21am
It must be an alter ego thing or they just don't have enough confidence(class) to refrain from it. How bout when girls put "oh I look so bad in this pic". Why would you put it on your profile if you hate it. Oh yeah....so everyone can say, "no, no you look good baby".

toggletoggle post by EAT_A_BAG_OF_DEAD_DICKS at Dec 28,2006 1:30pm
Samantha said:
pam said:

Some parents are too lazy to do the things that are fundamental to being a parent, like paying attention to their kids or acting like loving, supportive parents, which is why their kids are so desperate for attention (and affection) that they post pictures of themselves looking like skanks on myspace. It's not just the girls, either. I've seen quite a few profiles from high school aged boys who have pictures of their abs and such.

Thank stupid parents for letting their kids act like whores. It's just like that South Park episode... "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset".

Have you seen some of the little girls clothing in stores these days? Strippers can now dress there daughters as there mini me's.They mine as well put a shirt on there child that reads "pediofiles wet dream" .

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Dec 28,2006 1:35pm
Samantha said:

Nah you can thank Marilyn Monroe for that...and Madonna for kicking it back up a notch. After that it was just the media.

Tabloids and gossip shows on TV have made it seem that Paris Hilton made it trendy to be a whore, when all they did was pick some random whore that was an easy target to make shitty news about.

I swear every tabloid headline now is "Guess what this whore got drunk and did last week!"

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 1:37pm
A few years ago in the mall around xmas time I remember seeing a group of 10 year olds dressed up like hookers. I couldn't help but think they have shitty parents. Then all I could think about is that some guy is going to see one of these whores walking down the street and rape and kill her. Then her family would be all over the news crying and saying "she was just an innocent girl". Jesus, I hope somebody raped and killed her. This isn't a strange reaction or anything right?

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Dec 28,2006 1:39pm
in regards to myspace, i have the same gripe with it that i do with text messaging. the world's becoming very personalized, to the point where you rarely actually need to go out and talk to someone to get something done, or simply for the sake of fun and friendship.

i hope for the sake of the future of humanity, that the pendulum theory is correct, and kids start playing outside again.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 1:40pm
A nuclear holocaust will fix things.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Dec 28,2006 1:43pm
nah...volcanos dude

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 1:57pm
Nuclear volcanos?

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 28,2006 2:00pm
a concentration camp based out of my back yard for all those little myspace whores. yeah, that ought to do it.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 2:10pm
hahahaha. I wouldn't seriously support that idea. As long as you were the one running the camp.

toggletoggle post by Mess at Dec 28,2006 2:13pm
yes i'd be the commanding officer but i'd run it like a brothel camp. i could see it now...

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 28,2006 2:19pm
DeRtOxIa said:
wow i actually almost feal really good about my college now. They don't ban anything. Not because they can't or don't feel like it....but because the president of the college is super anti-censorship. They just monitor the library and watch what people are doing. If it starts getting crowded they just kick off the people who aren't doing anything. If it's dead....who cares, do what you want. They figure that since we're paying our bills then we should have full use of the facilities.

My school only bans it during busy hours, at night you can use it.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at Dec 28,2006 2:19pm
argue all you want, but there really is no legitimate reason for people to use myspace at a public library.

Especially since it could cost the library (and town) money to fix any malware issues that are likely to happen.

that and the library would be liable if I met a hot 9 year old girl while she was on myspace there and I tried diddling her, which is even more likely to happen.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 28,2006 2:21pm
Samantha said:
pam said:

Josh Martin and you all in the same week.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 28,2006 2:58pm
any basis for most of these arguments aren't valid in thise case, because the reason for the petition, as stated on display next to the... 12 or so names signed, is that its because of sexual offenders, nothing more, nothing less.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 28,2006 3:03pm
I still think you should do the petition.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 3:09pm
Are we talking about public libraries or school libraries?

I was under the impression that public libraries let you use the internet for whatever. Obviously they'll frown upon porn downloads and such, but I thought it was just there for the public. Is this true? Or are the public library computers supposed be purely for research to be used in conjunction with book-learnin'. Somebody tell me, because I've never used a public library computer.

Computers in school/university libraries are different I'd think. I'd imagine it's up to the school.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Dec 28,2006 3:15pm
With the exception of a band Myspace for networking,shows, whatever....I think Myspace is pretty gay. I was at a bar the other night and heard one girl say to another,"Well get ahold of me on myspace, it is alot easier"... I about fell outta my chair laughing.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 28,2006 3:17pm
personally i never log on to myspace while im at school i think it is stupid...
when im bored i just log on to rttp

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 28,2006 3:18pm
I find myspace extremely useful and convenient. I only have awesome people on mine, so I don't see any of the gayness.

I also hate the telephone and won't use it unless I'm forced to so it makes my life easier.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 28,2006 3:18pm
as far as i can remember from going to the library in school, there are only certain things that are explicitly forbidden, ie. porn. but in essence the public library computer system, though public, is there for people who dont have access to internet research. technically you could go there and surf the web mindlessly because it is "public" but the understanding is there. at least thats how i look at it. i think myspace should be banned altogether. i had a profile on it for a while, but after the fun of sending my friends funny pictures died down, and myspace reared its ugly head, i decided i'd rather not contribute to the poison of society.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 3:26pm
pam said:
I also hate the telephone and won't use it unless I'm forced to so it makes my life easier.

Fuck yes.

Fuck phones.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 28,2006 3:27pm
I've never had a Myspace at any point in my life. Like I'm so arrogant that I'm going to broadcast my personality to the world, like it apparently matters...

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 28,2006 3:27pm
Yeti said:
the poison of society.

haha, that's what myspace should of called itself.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Dec 28,2006 3:27pm
I see people wearing "I'd rather be on Myspace" and "You looked better on Myspace" T-shirts all the time, I think that is so fucking stupid.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Dec 28,2006 3:29pm
im using mine as we speak to get the new cds for the distro that im building, which so happen to be from ebullition... slap a ham, 625 thrashcore, and no idea records.

yep, keep an eye out, when i get them in ill make a post here.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Dec 28,2006 3:33pm
KeithMutiny said:
im using mine as we speak to get the new cds for the distro that im building, which so happen to be from ebullition... slap a ham, 625 thrashcore, and no idea records.

yep, keep an eye out, when i get them in ill make a post here.

awesome, those are some killer labels

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][3:07:10am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02922 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]