New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> windows vista IS not Mac OS X by xanonymousx on Dec 23,2006 11:28am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 23,2006 11:28am edited Dec 23,2006 11:32am

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 23,2006 11:59am
What the fuck are you talking about?

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 12:14pm
hahaha... still looks sweet though.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 23,2006 3:31pm
Werid... before every time I clicked the link it would bring me to a video of some crazy hobo reviewing movies on the sidewalk:
http://video.on.nytimes.com/ifr_main.jsp?n...2edcb0xw2fe6&rdm=106825.37609276299

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 23,2006 3:34pm
Heh, if you just click the link, it will open the movie review. If you copy the link and paste into a new browser window, you get the Vista video.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 23,2006 3:34pm

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 23,2006 3:40pm
I just watched the correct video. Was that Scott Thompson?

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead NLI at Dec 23,2006 10:41pm
Funny, but what a shitty skewed perspective.

Microsoft has been pretty blatant and forward about the direction they wanted to take Windows in for a damned long time, pre-dating apple oSX by a long shot. Is it really that surprising that two guys that founded a business together, created a unique product together, and share very similar goals and business ethics would end up creating vastly similar upgrades to their software?

Microsoft has been clear since before even the release of XP: future versions of Windows would expand as much as possible on the explorer shell, and change the way files and folders are coded, cataloged, and searched. Now ten years later, they get shit for delivering exactly what they promised, because his ex-partner's company came out with something nearly identical AFTER microsoft had announced their focus?

Same shit pissed me off when microsoft started getting sued by asshole software makers because they integrated microsoft software into windows, cornering the market on every need from media player to internet browser.

Meanwhile, while microsoft wastes time and money releasing new versions of products and paying settlements, Apple has practically FOUNDED themselves on the principle of exclusively bundled software - far beyond the extent that microsoft ever did.

I loved apple. I used apples exclusively until around 1998. However, they just no longer have the better shit, at least not by the margin they used to. I like being able to find whatever software I want for my OS. I like being secure in the knowledge that something working on my PC will also work on most of my friends' PC's. I'll be lured away from windows by a unix or linux platform LONG before you'll ever see me switch back to a crapintosh.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 23,2006 11:42pm
ArrowHead NLI said:
pre-dating apple oSX by a long shot.

First off Os x had releases in 1999...

ive just installed beryl windows manager on my suse 10.2 box and it blows away everything ever eyecandy wise..... ps im an os x guy for the most part.

apple was the first to combine the security of Freebsd with the ease of use in a commecial system. They made one great choice in addition to their user friendly ideas... they left the door open for opensource software. I dont know anything about vista but im not very interested since the company tries to harp on dumb fucks. anyway the only upside is the unix part as far as i can see. it seems really ram+resource hungry too. I can install gnome, kde or keep the quick and powerful aqua desktop system on my 9 year old g4 box. linux on the other hand is free and getting sooo soooo much better everyday...

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 23,2006 11:45pm
some linux distros look like osx right?
aren't they both unix or am i off

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 23,2006 11:48pm
longhorns goin outa style like george bush

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 23,2006 11:49pm
yea ur right pretty much just right now linux is harder to configure but its getting there

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 24,2006 2:25am
i used fedora core 5 for a while and it was neat. it certainly was gorgeous but a pain int he ass if you're just using it as a regular recreational box.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 24,2006 2:37am
check out fedora 6

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 24,2006 12:05pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Dying Holy Devastation
[default homepage] [print][10:20:09am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01862 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]