New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Need an opinion on a Dissection album by ConquerTheBaphomet on Dec 22,2006 10:02am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 22,2006 10:02am
I've been thinking about buying an album from these guys. I have heard a couple songs from The Somberlain but I want to get "Storm Of The Lights Bane". Is it any good?

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 22,2006 10:07am
Yes. It's essential.

toggletoggle post by HeavensJail at Dec 22,2006 10:18am
Get both Somberlain and SotLB. This is not negotiable.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 22,2006 10:22am
Noted. Thank you.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 22,2006 10:29am
Yeah dude don't even hesitate. SotLB is one of the greatest melodic death albums ever.. actually it probably is the greatest.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 22,2006 10:30am
Where Dead Angels Lie. Reason enough.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 22,2006 10:40am
You should already own Storm of the lights Bane. It's an essential album in any metal heads collection.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 22,2006 11:16am
The only place I've seen it is Bullmoose. So, now that I know it is there, I will be picking it up and telling you guys about it.

Cheers.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 22,2006 11:46am
yes, Storm of the Light's Bane is ESSENTIAL, as well as The Somberlain (which is equally as incredible)

Reinkaos is a good album, but VERY different then the first two.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 22,2006 11:49am

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 22,2006 11:53am
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
The only place I've seen it is Bullmoose. So, now that I know it is there, I will be picking it up and telling you guys about it.

Cheers.

Ha ha!
Thanks, that's sweet, but a majority of us are already very familiar with the album.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 22,2006 12:01pm
Most of us have owned it for 11 years. (elitist comment for today)

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 22,2006 12:04pm
I'm glad he died.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 22,2006 12:05pm
RichHorror said:
I'm glad he died.

Me too

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Dec 23,2006 3:27am
HeavensJail said:
Get both Somberlain and SotLB. This is not negotiable.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 23,2006 3:29am
you have no right to a dissection album

your a faggot

makes no sense

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 5:25am edited Dec 23,2006 11:54am
sorry his testicles arent grim and frostbitten enough for a kvlt and evil Dissection cd. there was a kid in high school that thought he was the most brutal and metal person alive. i would be at lunch and someone would ask me what i was listening to and i said "dissection" and everyone's face was all like "he didnt just say what i think he just said..." then that kid just gave me this cold, northern, snow-covered grimace and like... looked at me condescending-like. kid was a fucking clownshoe. biggest pussy, retard ever.

i had a slipknot shirt on (my mom bought it for me, i was 15) and i mentioned i was listening to Incantation and the kid flipped out "how could you listen to Incantation when you're wearing a slipknot shirt?! you're a poser!" kid would have shit himself if i told him i liked the Beatles and the Tempations too.

all in all... this elitist black metal bullshit attitude is childish. what are you? 12? Dissection isnt even that black metal. they arent tearing up waves in the northern most fjord with their +2 ice surfboard of kvltness, so give it a rest.

im gonna give the gayest and dorkiest 14 year old kids i can find the whole Dissection discography for CHRISTmas. how Tr00 is that?

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 23,2006 10:03am
I don't know why someone would think they are 'the most brutal and metal person alive' for owning a Dissection CD, or why anyone would WANT to think that, ever, about themselves, since it's retarded posturing. It's fucking music.

That said, the first two Dissection albums are excellent and worth owning.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 11:48am
It IS just music. I happen to like what Dissection has done for music. I don't give a crap about image or if it makes me kvlt or not.

Elitist attitudes are seriously a waste of time. I can listen to whatever band I want to, CNV, and there is nothing you can say or do about it.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 11:53am
he can do something about it... he can cross his arms and look really really mean about it. im talking like SUPER pissed.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 12:00pm
I should put on my shorts that I shit in when I'm scared.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 23,2006 12:33pm
i think CNV was saying that it makes no sense for CTB to own a dissection album because they are clearly very anti-christian. either way, i don't agree, don't give a fuck, and i'm going to take a shot in the dark and say CNV was quite possibly drunk.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 23,2006 1:17pm
I think CTB should kill himself.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 1:22pm
I think

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 23,2006 1:34pm
CTB is a Christian? Then it would be kind of hypocritical to support Satanic metal would it not?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 1:37pm
Yes. But I don't think you should necessarily avoid a band because of their lyrical content or personal beliefs. Then again I also think grown adults believing in God is parallel to grown adults believing in Santa Claus.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 23,2006 1:38pm
I guess noone's a real Christian anyways these days, so it doesn't matter.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 23,2006 1:41pm
pam said:
Yes. But I don't think you should necessarily avoid a band because of their lyrical content or personal beliefs. Then again I also think grown adults believing in God is parallel to grown adults believing in Santa Claus.

I support this statement 101%

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 23,2006 1:43pm
Some people just love to hold onto that little bit of christianity just in case there is a God. It's a little sad and pathetic.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Dec 23,2006 1:45pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
CTB is a Christian? Then it would be kind of hypocritical to support Satanic metal would it not?

Yeah well I despise rapists and murderers but listen to and love violent brutal death metal with fucked up lyrics so who gives a shit?

I also love Guns n Roses but don't do hard drugs and fuck sluts.

What's your point?

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 23,2006 1:46pm
That's why I'm working on becoming a Jedi.Star wars makes more sence then the bible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiOuI_NUt4

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 2:30pm
Anthony nli said:

Yeah well I despise rapists and murderers but listen to and love violent brutal death metal with fucked up lyrics so who gives a shit?

What's your point?

You're very hostile today, do you need a hug?

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Dec 23,2006 2:40pm
My girlfriend's flight is delayed many hours and I had to cancel our hotel reservations...

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 2:41pm
you can use my bedroom for half of the price.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Dec 23,2006 2:44pm
haha I have a nice big bed here in my room but thanks, I was mainly psyched for some hot tub/sauna goodness and those huge mirrors they have in hotel rooms

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 2:44pm
Anthony nli said:
My girlfriend's flight is delayed many hours and I had to cancel our hotel reservations...

Merry fuckin xmas, huh? Sorry to hear it.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Dec 23,2006 2:48pm
Thanks, it's not the end of the world, but it's definitely disappointing

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 2:49pm
Yeah that blows.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 23,2006 2:53pm
thegreatspaldino said:
sorry his testicles arent grim and frostbitten enough for a kvlt and evil Dissection cd. there was a kid in high school that thought he was the most brutal and metal person alive. i would be at lunch and someone would ask me what i was listening to and i said "dissection" and everyone's face was all like "he didnt just say what i think he just said..." then that kid just gave me this cold, northern, snow-covered grimace and like... looked at me condescending-like. kid was a fucking clownshoe. biggest pussy, retard ever.

i had a slipknot shirt on (my mom bought it for me, i was 15) and i mentioned i was listening to Incantation and the kid flipped out "how could you listen to Incantation when you're wearing a slipknot shirt?! you're a poser!" kid would have shit himself if i told him i liked the Beatles and the Tempations too.

all in all... this elitist black metal bullshit attitude is childish. what are you? 12? Dissection isnt even that black metal. they arent tearing up waves in the northern most fjord with their +2 ice surfboard of kvltness, so give it a rest.

im gonna give the gayest and dorkiest 14 year old kids i can find the whole Dissection discography for CHRISTmas. how Tr00 is that?

Thank you for this.

Music is music and the elitist black metal scene attitude is just as stupid and childish as any other elistist scene attitude. Just cause someone paints there face every weekend and sings about northern winds and norse gods doesn't mean they're any less ridiculous than other trend jumpers. I hate dumb elitism.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 2:55pm
Black Metal kids that take themselves that seriously are alive solely to be laughed at.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 23,2006 2:56pm
pam said:
Black Metal kids that take themselves that seriously are alive solely to be laughed at.

I agree.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 2:59pm
How can you paint your face like a panda and be serious about anything?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 23,2006 3:04pm
I think most people on here's deal with CTB is pretty gay. He's a young kid enthusiastic about music. He's Christian, but who cares? Satan is as big a faggot as Jesus. Have a good time not fucking girls in your mother's basement.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 3:26pm
and here i thought you hated everything (in)humanly possible... awwwww he DOES care! ^_^

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 23,2006 3:52pm
FUCK, i JUST TYPED OUT SOMETHING HUGE AND IT'S NOW GONE.

basically, who gives a shit. tr00 christian, tr00 pagan, tr00 atheist, tr00 j00, tr00 wicken. who gves a shit. music is music. RH hit it on the head, CTB is a young kid and is enthusiastic about musics. musics that people on here support and make. you want to shit all over someone or influence their musical tastes? I would rather try to steer them in the "right direction". if in the end the youngest christ child grows up to be in deicide or the littlest atheist guitar player finds god and starts selling washing machines on myspace, who gives a shit.

and if anyone is talking tr00ness in regards to xtians, go out there and do some burnt offerings to your [gG]{1}od(s){1}. then who gives a shit.

about 5 years ago, I was walking through the NH mall with a skinless hoodie on, Metal Josh was wastes and stopped me talking for like an hour. he was all about "saving" the kids with slipknot shirts cause they are in to loud music so they came be saved.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 23,2006 3:56pm
Also, this is a scene where almost everyone doesn't give a fuck and doesn't support shit. This is a kid who is psyched about finding new bands and then SPENDING MONEY on those bands. Bands with merch and people running labels/distros take note.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 23,2006 4:01pm
Where can I find these myspace washing machines? I need a new one and a dryer.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 23,2006 4:04pm
dont you mean... "and a DWYER"? i could have sworn that is what you typed.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 23,2006 4:06pm
thegreatspaldino said:
dont you mean... "and a DWYER"? i could have sworn that is what you typed.

No I don't want an old appliance.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 23,2006 4:08pm

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 6:46pm
There is absolutely nothing I could ever say in my defense about anything. I love brutal death metal, black metal, and whatever kind of metal that appeals to me. It's stupid and ignorant to actually believe that just because I believe in Jesus, all of a sudden there are bands I'm not "allowed" to listen to by elitist pricks. Who the hell are you to tell anyone Christian or not what they can and can't fucking listen to? You have no idea how much this shit pisses me off. I expect to come on this message board and have an intellectual discussion about music and a band like Dissection. But it seems the focus is off the original topic and has moved onto how "unworthy" I am to listen to Dissection.

I bought a Vile album the other day. Does this make me a hypocrite? NO. I can't believe that any one of you would think I am hypocritical because I enjoy a band's music. I could care less about the lyrics if they're bashing something I may particularly believe in but that doesn't mean I have to shit on them for it and not listen to the music.

To be honest, yea, there are a lot of crappy Christian bands out there. I listen to it but there isn't a wide selection to choose from. So, I have to look into the secular world to find my metal pleasure. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

I'm only going to say this once. STOP SHITTING ON ME AND MY BELIEFS. If you don't agree, that's fine but don't sit there and fucking bash me for an entire thread. I'm pretty fed up with this bullshit.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 23,2006 6:47pm
I believe that picture of jesus and the ghostbuster dudes is funny.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 23,2006 6:59pm
CTB- Don't let everyone here get to you so much. Do your thing, you can't stop people on here from shitting on you or whatever, but you can stop them from getting to you. You're only going to exacerbate the situation by flipping out, ya know?

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 7:26pm
Noted...

toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 23,2006 8:05pm
Hahaha, Mark Richards was right

I was drunker than ah fiddlahs bitch last night

I still think Dissection is far too grim and true for you

hahahaha

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 23,2006 8:57pm
ConquerTheBaphomet, you really shouldn't flip out. Like Pam said, there's nothing you can do about awkward elitist opinions, especially on the internet when lots of people will say things they'd never dare say to your face. That said, this thread has not been people bashing you the whole time. The only person who bashed you was CNV, then about 10 others rose to your defense, including myself, most or all of whom are atheists to the best of my knowledge, so don't think just cause you're christian you're on your own. Get used to elistist bullshit if you're gonna spend time on internet forums, because humans are shitty, and when they are hiding behind the walls of modern technology, they lose all inhibitions.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 9:30pm
Thank you, retzam.

I have respect for those who are open-minded.

toggletoggle post by Dwellingsickness at Dec 23,2006 9:46pm edited Dec 23,2006 9:50pm
Listen to what you want, FUCK everyone elses opinions. Everyone is different . You should make up your own mind. Download a few songs from somewhere and if you like the CD go out and buy it, Works for me all the time

toggletoggle post by niflheim at Dec 24,2006 1:59pm
I'm not Christian and I would never follow some judaic-offshoot religion, but Trouble is still sick!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 24,2006 4:44pm edited Dec 24,2006 4:53pm
double post.

below.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 24,2006 4:53pm edited Dec 24,2006 5:04pm
Anthony nli said:

What's your point?

That you should start raping and murdering, doing hard drugs and fucking sluts?

CTB: Who bashed your religion? I'm not seeing that.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 24,2006 5:29pm
Anthony nli said:

What's your point?

That you should start raping and murdering, doing hard drugs and fucking sluts?

CTB: Who bashed your religion? I'm not seeing that.

CNV did, not specifically in this thread, but he was calling the kid a faggot because he's christian.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 24,2006 5:32pm
You can just assume someone's bashing his religion. People on Rttp will always attack if they smell blood.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 24,2006 8:11pm
Alright, I thought he was talking about me, when I did no such thing.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hellbent Morphological Placenta
[default homepage] [print][7:08:34pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02900 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]