New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Writers Block - Need lyric ideas by awol on Dec 20,2006 2:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 2:19pm
Besides the usual desecration of christ/exs, anyone have any ideas for some good, fucked up song topics?

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 20,2006 2:20pm
mythology always seems to work

read a bunch of history and learn about the atrocities against mankind, as well

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 20,2006 2:21pm
write a song about the queen boudica, who led the native britains against the romans in a crusade that almost one their freedom, only to find out the hard way that strategy can defeat 5-1 odds, and ended up leading all of her people to slaughter.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 20,2006 2:22pm
won*

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 20,2006 2:23pm
Why does the "desecration of Christ" have to be played out in every song by every "evil" band? Hasn't that crap been done to death? Give it a rest.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Dec 20,2006 2:23pm
Write a song about entrails. Everyone loves entrails.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 2:24pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Why does the "desecration of Christ" have to be played out in every song by every "evil" band? Hasn't that crap been done to death? Give it a rest.

thats exactly why I'm looking for alternatives. Same with the ex topic, I can only fit "cunt faced whore" in so many songs.......

toggletoggle post by sean streets at Dec 20,2006 2:25pm
you could write about how your girlfriend left you, your parents kicked you out, you flip burgers at Mickie D's, and you cant find girl pants in your size...

but then from first to last would have a copyright infringement lawsuit on your doorstep

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 20,2006 2:26pm
you could write about how you have no friends...on myspace

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 20,2006 2:28pm
Just what about what you encounter in your daily life. You know the guy who cuts you off in traffic, talks on his cellphone in crowded elevators, the customer who won't stop bitching...just write about obliterating them all into hell.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 2:30pm
I usually get inspired to write lyrics when I read HP Lovecraft stories. That shit is FUCKED.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2006 2:31pm
write about writer's block.

toggletoggle post by sean streets at Dec 20,2006 2:32pm
didnt jonathan davis do that?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 20,2006 2:34pm
most of my lyrics have to do with puppies and delicious submarine sandwiches. i don't know though, i've been thinking about expanding my horizons and writing about silly crossword puzzles and the oppression of woodland animals.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Dec 20,2006 2:34pm
I believe that was lincoln Parks first hit song.....

toggletoggle post by sean streets at Dec 20,2006 2:35pm
they did too, but im almost positive i read in my korn days that one of his songs was about writers block.

im too lazy to look it up though...

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2006 2:35pm
sean streets said:
didnt jonathan davis do that?

all jonathan davis wrote about was getting ass raped by his father. but maybe he threw one in about writers block.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 20,2006 2:38pm
awol said:
exs

why the fuck would write a song about a girlfriend, seriously.

how lame is your band.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 2:42pm
W3 nli said:
awol said:
exs

why the fuck would write a song about a girlfriend, seriously.

how lame is your band.

did you read the original post? I said besides those two topics specifically because I'm not interested in writing anything about either

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Dec 20,2006 2:43pm
write about slaying young children, cannibalizing the dead, suicide, drugs, and rock and roll

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 20,2006 2:43pm
listen just cause youre still upset your girlfriend left you doesnt mean you have to get upset over it in here.

im sure youll write some really great songs about the breakup

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 20,2006 2:46pm
i'll write some lyrics for you....

for $50

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Dec 20,2006 2:47pm
anal seepage... shit is fuckin sexy!

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Dec 20,2006 2:47pm
Write about all the crazy people on RTTP

toggletoggle post by sean streets at Dec 20,2006 2:49pm
why does every post turn out to be a fight, some people have some serious generic metalhead agression. relax.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 2:50pm
W3 nli said:
listen just cause youre still upset your girlfriend left you doesnt mean you have to get upset over it in here.

im sure youll write some really great songs about the breakup

if that worked for you when your bf walked out then congrats on that.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 20,2006 2:52pm
oh that was clever i liked how you totally switched it up to make me look gay, hey its cool if your ex was a dood.

i mean shit the rev rollerblades perhaps you guys could meet up.

toggletoggle post by atthehaunted  at Dec 20,2006 2:54pm
Wite a concept album about legoland

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Dec 20,2006 4:09pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Why does the "desecration of Christ" have to be played out in every song by every "evil" band?

Because the desecration of Christ is an entertaining topic, and it explicitly lets the listener know that the singer is vehemently opposed to the corrupted disease that is Christianity.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 20,2006 4:43pm
I still believe that the lyricist in bands has the hardest job in terms of originality.

Asking others for topics to write about is not the way to go. Do some reading on things that interest you and apply them to your reality. Otherwise, whatever you do is gonna be forced.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 20,2006 4:48pm
anonymous said:
I still believe that the lyricist in bands has the hardest job in terms of originality.

Asking others for topics to write about is not the way to go. Do some reading on things that interest you and apply them to your reality. Otherwise, whatever you do is gonna be forced.

right on
i read a lot and get ideas from that

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 20,2006 5:16pm
I used to get a lot more ideas when I was in college being exposed to all sorts of knowledge. When I became more into Sociology my ideas became less philosophical and more social and political minded.

I find that the best lyrics have some sort of narrative to them and aren't just pure poetry or exhibitions of your vocabulary. When writing lyrics, never consult a thesaurus. Most of the time people who read your lyrics can tell when you use words you don't understand from experience.

Also, writing about shit (actual fecal matter) works.

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Dec 20,2006 5:21pm
hunterhunter said:
anonymous said:

right on

what about that idea about fucking dogs up the ass with a dildo made of magic,
what book was that in?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 20,2006 5:25pm
INFECT said:
hunterhunter said:
anonymous said:

right on

what book was that in?

not a book...but this is something....I think...there is a magic dildo and a dog commits suicide...I think....god this is weird.

http://blogs.citypages.com/canderson/2005/02/pixie_and_the_m.asp

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 20,2006 5:27pm
wow...no dogs get fucked...but I feel bad for posting that.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 20,2006 5:44pm
INFECT said:
hunterhunter said:
anonymous said:

right on

what book was that in?

Oh I found that in a book from your room actually
called BIOLOGICAL EXHUBERENCE- HOMOSEXUALITY IN NATURE
you had the page bookmarked

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood@Work at Dec 20,2006 5:44pm
http://www.grouphug.us

most fucked up site on the internet. just come up with a story about some of the people that post on there.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 20,2006 5:46pm
whats that other book you have down there in your cave??
THE MALE NUDE?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 21,2006 12:01am
all the writing i've been doing lately seems to revolve around general problems with humanity, or problems that each individual may face at any given point in time. i try to make the reader/listener feel some guilt or at least feel that they should set some dictions in their lives through exposing said problems and tearing them apart.

every now and then i'll write a song about a teenage prostitute whose uncle unknowingly purchased her services one foggy night, and when he realized he had just fornicated with his niece, killed her and tossed her into a river. it's a little opus i like to call "unloved and degloved."

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Dec 21,2006 12:06am
write a song about how much your lyrics suck

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Dec 21,2006 12:22am
hunterhunter said:
whats that other book you have down there in your cave??
THE MALE NUDE?

i have lots of books here in my cave,
the one im currently reading is entitled:
"Freudian Projection; why infering anothers interest in gay literature only serves to cast doubts on your own heterosexuality."

check it out at your local library, the call number is: PWN3D

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 21,2006 12:58am edited Dec 21,2006 1:02am
very clever,
but the books i mentioned are real, whereas yours is a frail attempt to regain your pride.
your petty insults will no more cast doubt than they will turn the tides on your manhood. PWNED REVERSAL

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Dec 21,2006 5:21pm
this online book title feud will ensure my never finishing my term paper

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Dec 21,2006 5:24pm
as far as retorts.....
oh yea, I HAD SEX IN YOUR BED

toggletoggle post by SellOUTd0od at Dec 21,2006 5:29pm
Record yourself taking a shit..

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 21,2006 5:49pm
awol said:
Besides the usual desecration of christ/exs, anyone have any ideas for some good, fucked up song topics?

that is so gay. write about how you love men

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 22,2006 12:40am
up

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 22,2006 12:41am
art is gay

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 22,2006 12:42am
sxealex said:
art is gay

garfunkel?
carney?

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 22,2006 12:45am
no. not arthur.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 22,2006 1:30am
anthony said:
I usually get inspired to write lyrics when I read HP Lovecraft stories. That shit is FUCKED.

Hell ya brotha, I am going to start a metal genre after him, kinda how they have tolkien metal.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 22,2006 2:02am
INFECT said:
as far as retorts.....

I SLEPT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND IN MY BED TOO

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 22,2006 2:09am
Dude just read the telephone book and that is a song in its entirety

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at Dec 22,2006 3:07am
hunterhunter said:
INFECT said:
as far as retorts.....

I had sex with your mom, in a dumpster full of medical waste... and magic

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Dec 22,2006 8:53am
INFECT said:
hunterhunter said:
INFECT said:
as far as retorts.....

I had sex with your mom, in a dumpster full of medical waste... and magic

HA FUNNY
BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS WHAT I SAID IS TRUE!!

toggletoggle post by horror_tang NLI at Dec 22,2006 8:57am
sacreligion said:
write a song about the queen boudica, who led the native britains against the romans in a crusade that almost one their freedom, only to find out the hard way that strategy can defeat 5-1 odds, and ended up leading all of her people to slaughter.

WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!!
WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!! WEDGE!!!

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB nli at Dec 22,2006 9:01am
Write some wicked obscure lyrics based on the most ridiculous shit. For instance write a song about how you can't open a ketchup packet and just use symbolism throughout the whole thing. Then one day when people are like "ohh it's about being torn between things" you can then say "actually it's about myself not being able to tear open a ketchup packet".

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 22,2006 9:17am
y_ddraig_goch said:
anthony said:

Hell ya brotha, I am going to start a metal genre after him, kinda how they have tolkien metal.

I believe Kinslayer from Cold Northern Vengeance/Panzerbastard had Lovecraft-themed BM band a couple of years back. He told me the name but I can't remember it.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 22,2006 9:59am
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Why does the "desecration of Christ" have to be played out in every song by every "evil" band?

Because the desecration of Christ is an entertaining topic, and it explicitly lets the listener know that the singer is vehemently opposed to the corrupted disease that is Christianity.

Well, in my opinion, I think it's a little immature. Bands like Deicide, Belphagor, and Dimmu Borgir have been doing it for years. The topic gets old and boring quick. Most of the things said aren't even offensive anymore just because they've been said for so many years. Norweigan black metal is a frontal assault on Christianity because of the 1000 years "oppression" they've had since the days of the Vikings. It's almost what they live for; making fun of Christians and wishing death upon them. But seriously, I am a Christian and have I ever "oppressed" you? NO.

So, my point is grow up and actually write something intellectually sound and something of meaning to this useless society.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 22,2006 10:05am
That's the gayest thing I've ever read. Most of us like to have fun with our lyrics. If I wanted to be "intellectually sound", I would choose another hobby.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 22,2006 2:06pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

Well, in my opinion, I think it's a little immature. Bands like Deicide, Belphagor, and Dimmu Borgir have been doing it for years. The topic gets old and boring quick. Most of the things said aren't even offensive anymore just because they've been said for so many years. Norweigan black metal is a frontal assault on Christianity because of the 1000 years "oppression" they've had since the days of the Vikings. It's almost what they live for; making fun of Christians and wishing death upon them. But seriously, I am a Christian and have I ever "oppressed" you? NO.

So, my point is grow up and actually write something intellectually sound and something of meaning to this useless society.

Fuck Christains and Jews, you oppress me by insulting heathen bands and telling them they can't artisticlly express their distrust towards christianity.

Saying, im christian but I don't oppress you is like saying, hey I'm a neonazi but I'm not against jews!!!

If you are christian, you have to believe in one god, and you have to attempt to "save" as many "lost" souls as you can. It's part of the damn Bible to "save" fellow brethern from the clutches of Satan.

Being Christian and embracing nonchristians is like being a jew and saying that gentiles will have a place in Zion

I got an Idea, let's all join certain ideologies and then only follow them half ass.

I think I'll become an IRA member but I will support the dependancy of the North on England.

If your going to do something, finish it, and follow it completly.

I have nothing against you, but if you are going to call yourself a christian, you need to be one and either cease comingling with heathens, or try to "save" us.

Nothing against you personally, I am just getting fed up with people not being what they say, I am a follower of the Old ones (no not cthulu) and I try to follow everything there is left in memory of the old ways, and if I could sacrifice cattle and prisoners of war to my gods I would.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 22,2006 2:07pm
Damn I get bitchy when things deal with religion, fuck worst thing god invented

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Dec 22,2006 2:09pm
y_ddraig_goch said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

Fuck Christains and Jews, you oppress me by insulting heathen bands and telling them they can't artisticlly express their distrust towards christianity.

Saying, im christian but I don't oppress you is like saying, hey I'm a neonazi but I'm not against jews!!!

If you are christian, you have to believe in one god, and you have to attempt to "save" as many "lost" souls as you can. It's part of the damn Bible to "save" fellow brethern from the clutches of Satan.

Being Christian and embracing nonchristians is like being a jew and saying that gentiles will have a place in Zion

I got an Idea, let's all join certain ideologies and then only follow them half ass.

I think I'll become an IRA member but I will support the dependancy of the North on England.

I have nothing against you, but if you are going to call yourself a christian, you need to be one and either cease comingling with heathens, or try to "save" us.

Nothing against you personally, I am just getting fed up with people not being what they say, I am a follower of the Old ones (no not cthulu) and I try to follow everything there is left in memory of the old ways, and if I could sacrifice cattle and prisoners of war to my gods I would.

you're pretty ignorant

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 22,2006 2:17pm
No, I am just a nationalist, and if you are going to be something with a title, then be it and follow all it's merits, never half ass anything

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 22,2006 2:35pm
i'm using my whole ass

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 22,2006 3:38pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

Anything that points out the stupidity of christianity DOES benefit society. It may seem old to you but what about the the little kid discovering anti-christian stuff for the first time. If an album stops just ONE kid from being a christian, than it was worth it.

The fact that YOU personally don't oppress anyone is irrelevant. Christianity as a whole is very oppressive and has done more to make this country suck than any band ever will.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 22,2006 3:49pm
one of the awesome things Pagan Rome did was, they left babies out in the wilderness who were deformed, or who they though would grow up retarded.

They castrated retarded and diseased people
I think that is the cure for a whole slew of illness and deformities.

hell if I have any diseases that are genetic I will not reproduce.

but no chritianity comes along and encourages keeping genetic defunks in the gene pool.

No offense to anyone who has "defunk" loved ones, I have some too, and I am not saying we should kill them, just that if we didn't stop doing it back in the day, our population would be a hell of a lot more healthy.

and another thing christians fucked up...

overpopulation, they are against anything contraceptive, including condems...and they encourage their people to have as many christian children as possible, for instance, my catholic grandparents each had about 12 siblings.

in south america, the populations are exploding due to the fact the catholic church is against abortion, and contraceptives, not to mention they encourage them to breed.

god, all we need is fucking world war, kill off almost everyone, and bam our problems are solved.

my conclusion is that overpopulation is the root to all evils, if there was enough good land for everyone, like 30 acres per family, then there be no need for war, everyone would have enough fish, deer, and nuts and berries to eat, enough cloth to wear, and enough wood to keep warm.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 22,2006 10:01pm
y_ddraig_goch said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

So, I can't just exist among you, I have to try and convert you? Are you trying to start a war? Being a Christian and embracing "non-Christians" is EXACTLY what I'm supposed to do. Who do you think Jesus hung out with? I don't belong to some frigging exclusive club. If that was what this was, I would have said fuck it like the rest of you. I have no inclination of trying to "save" anyone over the INTERNET. You know what I stand for. If you believe in it, sweet and if you don't, I still don't have a problem with you. I'm not here to condemn anyone for anything. I am no better or worse than anyone here.

I do not feel it is your place to tell me who I am and what I'm supposed to be. That decision is left up to ME and NOT YOU. You better understand that.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 22,2006 11:21pm
dog treats. old cartoons. random sylables ect.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 23,2006 12:04am
horror_tang NLI said:

thankyou i give you sole credit in my next song.

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 23,2006 1:47am
sacreligion said:
mythology always seems to work

read a bunch of history and learn about the atrocities against mankind, as well

Oh, how original

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 23,2006 1:54am
Josh_Martin said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

Anything that points out the stupidity of christianity DOES benefit society. It may seem old to you but what about the the little kid discovering anti-christian stuff for the first time. If an album stops just ONE kid from being a christian, than it was worth it.

The fact that YOU personally don't oppress anyone is irrelevant. Christianity as a whole is very oppressive and has done more to make this country suck than any band ever will.

What a moron!

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 23,2006 1:56am
It's pretty simple. Write from your heart and what you feel. Everything else is bullshit.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 23,2006 11:58am
BlackMetalLady said:
Josh_Martin said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

What a moron!

post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 14,2006 1:15am

Subject:
Please don't be mean to me. I'm also a Christian... I seem to think that you are really not, because I have done nothing to you.

Shut up, hag.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Dec 24,2006 6:49pm
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
y_ddraig_goch said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:
Ryan_M said:
ConquerTheBaphomet said:

So, I can't just exist among you, I have to try and convert you? Are you trying to start a war? Being a Christian and embracing "non-Christians" is EXACTLY what I'm supposed to do. Who do you think Jesus hung out with? I don't belong to some frigging exclusive club. If that was what this was, I would have said fuck it like the rest of you. I have no inclination of trying to "save" anyone over the INTERNET. You know what I stand for. If you believe in it, sweet and if you don't, I still don't have a problem with you. I'm not here to condemn anyone for anything. I am no better or worse than anyone here.

I do not feel it is your place to tell me who I am and what I'm supposed to be. That decision is left up to ME and NOT YOU. You better understand that.

All decisions are up to me mwhahahah I am the great Emperor Tsua Chan!!

and BlackMetallADY can not be real, think she is a clever fake name used by a trusted member of this board to piss people off.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][12:54:26am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.06556 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]