New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Carnivore / Anal Cunt Jan. 13th @ North Six in Brooklyn, NY by Josh_Martin on Dec 19,2006 1:07pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:07pm
Saturday Jan. 13th 2007
@ North Six
66 N. 6th St. Brooklyn, NY

The return of the almighty CARNIVORE!!

w/special guests
Anal Cunt
more tba.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:08pm
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? FUCK YES!!!!!!! that last Carnivore show was a fucking blast.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:08pm
i hope they get a better guitar player than the guy who acted as though he was in Mudvayne, but if not, who gives a shit its fucking CARNIVORE!!!! i'm a meat eater CARNIVORE!!!!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:09pm
and i havent seen Anal Cunt since you opened for White Zombie and Pantera at the Centrum August 26th 1996.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:10pm
technically you are the first band i ever saw live, i was like 15 at the time.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:13pm
According to Peter, new Type O album due in March, titled Dead Again.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:13pm
March 13th, i cant fucking wait.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:14pm
Yeti said:
and i havent seen Anal Cunt since you opened for White Zombie and Pantera at the Centrum August 26th 1996.

Shit, you actually saw us at that show? We played so fucking early.
Playing the Centrum was crazy though. The stage was so big I couldn't even hear the drummer click in the songs.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 1:15pm
Wow, killer that Carnivore and Anal Cunt will be playing together. The lineup already rules

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:15pm
according to Peter Steele its a hardcore album, much more like SD&H instead of the dirge stuff like WCD or the Beatle-esque stuff on LIKM

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 19,2006 1:16pm
he also said it's a combination between pink floyd and black sabbath, so it'll be a lot like stink floyd

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:17pm
Josh_Martin said:
Yeti said:

Shit, you actually saw us at that show? We played so fucking early.
Playing the Centrum was crazy though. The stage was so big I couldn't even hear the drummer click in the songs.

yeah man i got there wicked early, i was all amped for my first show, and i remember you guys coming on and my friend was like "what the fuck is this?" and i said "i dont know but it sounds fucking awesome". the guitar was so fucking loud, it shook the entire building. if i remember correctly, that was the first time i heard "311 Sucks" and i fucking died laughing.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 19,2006 1:17pm
i wouldn't mind a trip to NYC for this show, i hate going there but this is a decent reason

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:22pm
Yeti said:
the guitar was so fucking loud, it shook the entire building.

Heh, awesome.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 1:22pm
I remember seeing AxCx open up for Pantera as well.. In 2000, maybe on the Morbid Angel tour or maybe on the other, gayer tour Pantera did.

I will never forget Seth's scream blasted through a stadium PA. So awesome.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 19,2006 1:22pm
HELL YES!!!!

CARNIVORE!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:23pm
We played with Pantera 3 times.

In '96 with Pantera, White Zombie, Deftones
In '98 with Pantera, Anthrax, Coal Chamber
and '01 with Pantera, Soulfly, Morbid Angel, and some gay band I forget.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:24pm
i was wrong, that was the last time i saw AC. in 2000 at the Tsongas Arena with Pantera, Morbid Angel and Soulfly. yes Soulfly was so out of place. all i can remember is Seth's mop of hair and his huge beer gut.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 1:24pm
Skrape i believe is the other gay band.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 1:27pm
Yeti said:
i was wrong, that was the last time i saw AC. in 2000 at the Tsongas Arena with Pantera, Morbid Angel and Soulfly. yes Soulfly was so out of place. all i can remember is Seth's mop of hair and his huge beer gut.

Yes that was the one. Remember how he would go back and forth with the mic between his mouth and his beer gut really fast. Shit I laughed so hard.

AxCx, Morbid Angel and Pantera in one night... goddamn I want to go back and time and see it again.

toggletoggle post by chris_from_shit_fuck  at Dec 19,2006 1:30pm
ROAD TRIP! I'm fucking taking this day off from work today.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Dec 19,2006 1:31pm
I have a couple of friends that live in new york now, plus I've really been wanting to see Evil Dead the musical, so looks like I'll make a trip up there for a couple of days.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 19,2006 1:36pm
There's nothing like being woken up by the phone ringing and it being Peter Steele's voice on the other end. Frightening!

toggletoggle post by chris_from_shit_fuck  at Dec 19,2006 1:37pm
Josh_Martin said:
There's nothing like being woken up by the phone ringing and it being Peter Steele's voice on the other end. Frightening!

I'd most likely shit my pants.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 1:42pm
I was kicking myself for missing Carnivore earlier this year, I'm NOT missing this!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 19,2006 2:37pm
Josh_Martin said:

In '98 with Pantera, Anthrax, Coal Chamber

This was one of the first shows I ever went to. It kicked my nurler ass.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 19,2006 3:25pm
i'm fucking pumped. the last Carnivore show was awesome.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:27pm
Are Carnivore touring or is this a one-off?

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 3:50pm
This will be great. Duff's afterward

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 3:55pm
paganmegan said:
This will be great. Duff's afterward

Doing the Lucky Star or Fung Wah again?

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 3:59pm
... and has anyone been to this venue before?

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 4:19pm
yes, we played there Friday. Its two seconds from Duff's. Easy walk.

And yeah, I was thinking Fung Wah or Lucky Star. Wanna come with?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 19,2006 4:21pm
Dissector said:
I have a couple of friends that live in new york now, plus I've really been wanting to see Evil Dead the musical, so looks like I'll make a trip up there for a couple of days.

is evil dead the musical coming any where close to MA?

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 4:22pm
paganmegan said:
yes, we played there Friday. Its two seconds from Duff's. Easy walk.

And yeah, I was thinking Fung Wah or Lucky Star. Wanna come with?

Probably, but I'll have to talk to a few people about something completely unrelated : )

toggletoggle post by babyshaker nli at Dec 19,2006 4:22pm
casue i need to see evil dead in song format an di didnt know where th ehell it was coming to

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 19,2006 5:35pm
Josh_Martin said:

Josh, I heard from Melinda that it was a good turnout at Genos in Portland (I was going to book your band). Listen to this. I would never book your band now, although I was considering it and spoke to "some people" and I hear your band breaks shit and has caused trouble in the past... not to mention your lyrics are horrid. I guess you don't know who I am , or you would have kept your mouth shut. Moreover, there is no decent label that will sign you. trust me... it won't happen. Why? because you're an idiot... who want's to take achance on an idiot? Give your band my message so they can fire you. It's probably their only chance. >>

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 6:36pm
Uh oh. Anal Cunt's career is over now...

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 19,2006 8:38pm edited Dec 20,2006 2:35am
Shut up Pam and go take of your kid, instead of bullying people on this board. My god! You're disgusting. I was talking to Josh... he doesn't even know me, so common sense should have told him to keep his mouth shut. big mouth's= no shows

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood@Work at Dec 19,2006 8:44pm
With all this chest thumping this thread is starting to resemble a Throwdown show from the late 90's. I hope everyone brought their basketball jerseys.

XSTRENGTH THROUGH NUMBERSX

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Dec 19,2006 8:46pm
BlackMetalLady said:
Josh_Martin said:

Josh, I heard from Melinda that it was a good turnout at Genos in Portland (I was going to book your band). Listen to this. I would never book your band now, although I was considering it and spoke to "some people" and I hear your band breaks shit and has caused trouble in the past... not to mention your lyrics are horrid. I guess you don't know who I am , or you would have kept your mouth shut. Moreover, there is no decent label that will sign you. trust me... it won't happen. Why? because you're an idiot... who want's to take achance on an idiot? Give your band my message so they can fire you. It's probably their only chance. >>

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! FUNNIEST POST EVER!!!!

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 19,2006 9:12pm
she on drugs?

toggletoggle post by jim_is_signed_up_for_an_account at Dec 19,2006 9:22pm
BlackMetalLady said:
Josh_Martin said:

Its not about getting signed you dolt, and plus whenever anyone thinks of grindcore sometimes the first thing they think of is "Anal Cunt"

toggletoggle post by MikePile at Dec 19,2006 9:32pm
BlackMetalLady said:
Josh_Martin said:

Hahaha, my god, are you fucking real? You are, hands down, the Stupidest Person in America. I want to put a helmet on you and take you to fucking McDonalds. You must have an enormous surplus of chromosomes to be as goddamn retarded as you seem.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Dec 19,2006 10:25pm
Yeti said:

I remember seeing A.C. play in 2003 at the Middle East; I guess it was supposed to be one of their "last shows ever". They had Mike Mahan on guitar and basically did a full set of all the really old blur/noise "songs". Seth's a funny guy on stage, he'd be screaming, then point the mic at his shoe or lift his shirt and point it at his belly.
Seth's other grind/hardcore band You're Fired, the almighty Damien Storm, and some drunk dude with an acoustic guitar named Lee something-or-other opened the show.

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 19,2006 11:07pm
BlackMetalLady said:
Josh_Martin said:

you showed him! hmm, Earache, Relapse.....nah, they're small time compared to your scary succesful label

toggletoggle post by BlackMetalLady at Dec 19,2006 11:28pm
THEY ARE NOT ON THOSE LABELS ANYMORE. As a matter of fact, they are not on label. This all started when I described the word, "Hobby Rockers" in another thread. When out of the blue, Josh started bashing me when he didn't even undertsand the term or meeting me, or knowing who I am. I was going to book that band, but after his foul mouth... it won't happen with me. He should learn to keep his mouth shut like the rest of his band. Do you ever see Seth on this board? NO! I'm out... this is stupid and Josh is too for fucking up a relationship with a good promoter, such as myself. I don't like big mouths. That guy just ruined some good gigs.

toggletoggle post by Bradness at Dec 19,2006 11:29pm
y o u r e g a y
you're gay

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Dec 20,2006 12:25am
Wow that chick is really full of herself. Stop poisoning regular good threads with your pathetic bullshit whinings.

Let's return this thread to it's topic: Anal Cunt and Carnivore in NY! Who's going?

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Dec 20,2006 1:12am
Granny_Monster said:
I was kicking myself for missing Carnivore earlier this year, I'm NOT missing this!

As well you should have. I was there. it fucking ruled.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Dec 20,2006 1:13am
BlackMetalLady said:
THEY ARE NOT ON THOSE LABELS ANYMORE. As a matter of fact, they are not on label. This all started when I described the word, "Hobby Rockers" in another thread. When out of the blue, Josh started bashing me when he didn't even undertsand the term or meeting me, or knowing who I am. I was going to book that band, but after his foul mouth... it won't happen with me. He should learn to keep his mouth shut like the rest of his band. Do you ever see Seth on this board? NO! I'm out... this is stupid and Josh is too for fucking up a relationship with a good promoter, such as myself. I don't like big mouths. That guy just ruined some good gigs.

Oh no! Now there are only a thousand promoters left who will book a show for him!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Dec 20,2006 1:17am
hobby rocker 4 life

that's my excuse for us sucking and not being signed or something

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 6:11am
Dissector said:

Let's return this thread to it's topic: Anal Cunt and Carnivore in NY! Who's going?

Absolutely making it out for this!

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 20,2006 7:04am edited Dec 20,2006 7:06am
BlackMetalLady said:

Sooooo what your saying is you want your bands to be totally complacent and kiss your ass right?
No, thats not fuckin' Metal baby. You really just don't have a clue do you? I mean, seriously. Your a drone.

Heres some advice for your future totalitarian promotional endeavors...
...GET FUCKED!

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 20,2006 7:09am edited Dec 20,2006 7:09am
PmS

Your doing a pretty good job at ruining your own credibility.
...Moron.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 20,2006 10:31am
blackmetalcuntwhoredouchehorse once again becomes the center point

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 10:38am
Yeti said:
blackmetalcuntwhoredouchehorse once again becomes the center point

There are designated retard threads for all this shit. I'm getting sick of seeing threads about shows coming up, DAMN GOOD shows, infested with pointless cunt bashing. I know it's easy to make fun of her, I know she brings it on herself, but let's not ruin perfectly good threads over this bitch and her obvious social handicap.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 20,2006 10:40am
pam said:

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 20,2006 10:40am
you know, i agree, but its so much fun.

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 20,2006 11:03am
Dissector said:

Speaking of Carnivore... I found a video on youtube a while ago of them playing at L'Amours in 1986.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGPjgEaO-E

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 11:18am
Lamp said:
pam said:

Anybody know?

Fuckin Carnivore, gotta love Jack Daniels and Pizza and one of my all time favorite lines: "Don't call me your brother, cuz I ain't your fucking brother. We fell from different cunts, and your skin is an ugly color"

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 20,2006 11:22am
Don't forget, "If you can't eat it or fuck it, then kill it".

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 20,2006 11:28am
This is a one-off show.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 20,2006 11:30am
Samantha said:
Dissector said:

Speaking of Carnivore... I found a video on youtube a while ago of them playing at L'Amours in 1986.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGPjgEaO-E

There's no way that is from '86.
Peter with short hair, and no costumes, and them playing Race War means its from '88 or maybe the reunion show in '89.

toggletoggle post by Old School at Dec 20,2006 11:31am
ahhhh Carnivore! 1988! saw them with Whiplash, Toxik, and Bloodfeast back in the old days. i'd love to see this show. all the old bangers, doc martin skins unit again. hahahaha. we're all in our late 30's now. how sad.

toggletoggle post by awol  at Dec 20,2006 11:34am
Samantha said:
Don't forget, "If you can't eat it or fuck it, then kill it".

That's a classic too, used to use that as my tag line on MS but that combined with my hideous appearance made it hard to attract the ladies...

toggletoggle post by Samantha at Dec 20,2006 11:36am
Josh_Martin said:
There's no way that is from '86.
Peter with short hair, and no costumes, and them playing Race War means its from '88 or maybe the reunion show in '89.

Really? I've actually been waiting to be able to watch that at home because I have no speakers on my computer at work. Since I have no sound, I couldn't really tell what songs they were playing. It's still pretty cool that such an old video of Carnivore playing live is out there.

There is another Carnivore video on youtube that claims to be from 1990, but I haven't watched that one yet.

toggletoggle post by Old School at Dec 20,2006 11:52am
damn if anyone has any vids from 1989/1990 please please please post on utube. i've found a lot of cool old school vids on that site its awesome. i'm looking for any shows from Farmington, CT "The Metal Warehouse Club" from 1986-1991. Every thrash band played there back in the day.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 12:26pm
Old School said:
ahhhh Carnivore! 1988! saw them with Whiplash, Toxik, and Bloodfeast back in the old days. i'd love to see this show. all the old bangers, doc martin skins unit again. hahahaha. we're all in our late 30's now. how sad.

Holy shit dude what a show.. I think I was born 10 years too late because all my favorite music is from the mid-late 80s to early 90s.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 25,2006 3:09am
Granny_Monster said:

Absolutely making it out for this!

You can come with me.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Dec 25,2006 9:45am
DUFF'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Dec 25,2006 2:46pm
I'm going to try and bring CARNIVORE up here!! I fuckin' love CARNIVORE!! They can't be that much money...... May'be $5000.00 at the most. Years ago (back in '95 - '96) they wanted $10,000.00.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Dec 25,2006 3:49pm
that would be outstanding!

toggletoggle post by inject-now at Dec 25,2006 4:03pm
i hear krieg, and nachtmysium are playing this show as well. should be cool. i am pretty sure i will make it out to this. i saw carnivore two times last sept. it was amazing. they are my favorite band ever.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 25,2006 4:34pm

toggletoggle post by paganmeg at Dec 25,2006 5:43pm
I wish nachtmystium were playing

toggletoggle post by Opie‘s Anal Freckle Area at Dec 25,2006 6:07pm
Does anyone need a ride to CARNIVORE/AMON AMARTH?

toggletoggle post by chris_from_shit_fuck  at Dec 25,2006 8:48pm
$30 bucks? Damn that's high.

toggletoggle post by EAT_A_BAG_OF_DEAD_DICKS at Dec 26,2006 2:32am
Granny_Monster said:

There are designated retard threads for all this shit. I'm getting sick of seeing threads about shows coming up, DAMN GOOD shows, infested with pointless cunt bashing. I know it's easy to make fun of her, I know she brings it on herself, but let's not ruin perfectly good threads over this bitch and her obvious social handicap.

atleast she's bumping posts about shows in the process of being lame

toggletoggle post by blastonbury2007 at Dec 26,2006 12:10pm
Ryan_M said:
Yeti said:

I remember seeing A.C. play in 2003 at the Middle East; I guess it was supposed to be one of their "last shows ever". They had Mike Mahan on guitar and basically did a full set of all the really old blur/noise "songs". Seth's a funny guy on stage, he'd be screaming, then point the mic at his shoe or lift his shirt and point it at his belly.
Seth's other grind/hardcore band You're Fired, the almighty Damien Storm, and some drunk dude with an acoustic guitar named Lee something-or-other opened the show.

That dude is lee marshall, seth mastered his cd, which is out on menace to sobriety records. i still cant work out if its genius or total crap.....

ALSO to that stupid bitch who posts on here, the reason AXCX dont have a label is because they have been broke up for a while, then got back together for some reunion dates, seth became a cripple, then mike left, and they had to get josh etc etc, so shut your mouth, you dont like axcx, so fuck.

www.myspace.com/blastonbury2007

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 26,2006 12:15pm edited Dec 26,2006 12:17pm
I got this email today...

"ok, the ONLY place where you can get tickets is at http://www.ticketweb.com/ - they are $30.

this is the only place there are no tickets for the band and there will be no tickets at the door even though the flyer says so. basically they are expecting this show to sell out this week."

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 26,2006 12:30pm
ratfarts. i hope it doesnt sell out too fast.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole@work at Dec 26,2006 3:11pm
Fuck i wish I could go to this. Boners.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 27,2006 9:14am
Kreig AND Embalmer!! This show will rule.

Who's the last band? I hate illegable logos.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 27,2006 9:16am
looks fucking killer

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 27,2006 9:18am
Pete Steele said we could only play if he got to introduce us.

Pete is one of the coolest motherfuckers on the planet.

toggletoggle post by Old School at Dec 27,2006 10:08am
anthony said:
Holy shit dude what a show.. I think I was born 10 years too late because all my favorite music is from the mid-late 80s to early 90s.

i saw a lot of the good ol thrash bands back in 1986-1992. from jr. high to high school i was all into this stuff. It was a good time for thrash metal as it got really popular but it quickly died in 1992. Death metal got huge around the same time as well. 1990-1994 death metal was really big but that style wasn't my cup of tea. Although I did like a few death metal bands and saw Obituary on their Cause of Death tour and then Death many of times (i loved them).

Carnivore I've seen maybe 6 times back in the late 80's. They played in CT 4 times i think and all their shows were small and "homely" i guess. it was a great time. they would dress up in their wacky outfits like Gwar i remember. I saw them twice in NYC and those shows were scary. I remember being scared of the thugs and weirdos making fun of me and my long hair and jean jacket! but it was all worth it. my friend's parents drove us hahaha.

Anthrax was really cool also back in those days. a lot has changed in metal today. some of it is good some of it i just don't have the pallet for i guess.

toggletoggle post by Old School at Dec 27,2006 10:11am
and to make ya feel young and me old i graduated high school 1987.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 27,2006 11:08am
Old School said:
anthony said:

i saw a lot of the good ol thrash bands back in 1986-1992. from jr. high to high school i was all into this stuff. It was a good time for thrash metal as it got really popular but it quickly died in 1992. Death metal got huge around the same time as well. 1990-1994 death metal was really big but that style wasn't my cup of tea.

Me (and most thrash fans I would guess) got into thrash because it the heaviest form of music around. When thrash evolved into death metal it kind of made thrash obsolete.
Also, people credit the whole grunge scene with killing off the hair metal bands, but it also killed thrash. In the Summer of '91 thrash was at its commercial peak. Slayer, Megadeth etc etc were playing arenas. Then Nevermind came out and within two years thrash was over.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 27,2006 11:13am
JOSH: can you guys me in this with a photopass? I want to photograph this.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 27,2006 11:14am
my flash will give seth an epileptic seizure to go with his cane and his intense love of the band the froggs

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 27,2006 11:54am
Rev, I will see what I can do. Let me talk to Peter and make sure he's cool with taking Carnivore pics.
Obviously you're all set for AC pics.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 27,2006 12:07pm
thnx. this would be awesome.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 27,2006 4:20pm
I saw a flyer of this with Lair of the Minotaur on it too.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jan 2,2007 9:21am
Rev. you're all set.

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Jan 2,2007 12:37pm
Nice! Can't wait for this!!

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Jan 2,2007 12:38pm
Rev--you bringing that hot chick with you?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 2,2007 12:40pm
awesome, thanks jm!

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Jan 2,2007 1:05pm
I wanted to go to this. I saw the sword there over the weekend. the club is badass. I just can't find an excuse to pay $30 for a show plus all the traveling costs.

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Jan 2,2007 1:11pm
Yeah, it's a great club (and I can walk there from my apartment which makes it even better). The bad news is aparently it was bought by the people who run Bowery Ballroom and they're renovating it...sound familiar?

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Jan 2,2007 1:17pm
that sucks. hopefully, it says cool. if they renovate it hopefully they do something to take out the bleachers or something. those things sorta suck. and i don't like how the room is more wide than long, but it makes it sound pretty good.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 2,2007 1:18pm
I liked the bowery when I was there.. in the 90's...

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Jan 2,2007 1:29pm
Yeah, I guess it's going to be called the Brooklyn Music Hall or something. I'm more worried about the booking...hopefully they won't change the booking style too much.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jan 2,2007 1:31pm
i REALLY need to go to this

i hate NYC but will brave it again for this occasion

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Jan 2,2007 1:45pm
plus there is a pretty badass bar close by... duff's. only thing that sucks is it's really too small to be open in the winter and you have to stand outside and there aren't enough women.

toggletoggle post by ericyetman at Jan 3,2007 7:11pm
im going to this show but 30 bucks daaaaammmmmmnnnnnn!!!!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 6,2007 2:34pm

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Jan 6,2007 2:41pm
Old School said:
anthony said:

i saw a lot of the good ol thrash bands back in 1986-1992. from jr. high to high school i was all into this stuff. It was a good time for thrash metal as it got really popular but it quickly died in 1992. Death metal got huge around the same time as well. 1990-1994 death metal was really big but that style wasn't my cup of tea. Although I did like a few death metal bands and saw Obituary on their Cause of Death tour and then Death many of times (i loved them).

Carnivore I've seen maybe 6 times back in the late 80's. They played in CT 4 times i think and all their shows were small and "homely" i guess. it was a great time. they would dress up in their wacky outfits like Gwar i remember. I saw them twice in NYC and those shows were scary. I remember being scared of the thugs and weirdos making fun of me and my long hair and jean jacket! but it was all worth it. my friend's parents drove us hahaha.

Anthrax was really cool also back in those days. a lot has changed in metal today. some of it is good some of it i just don't have the pallet for i guess.

Cool man.. I would sell my left nut to go back in time to the heyday of thrash and see all the amazing bands and shows. Just thinking about what seeing Dark Angel or Forbidden or Anthrax or a million other bands back in the day must have been like.. shit I can't even imagine how nuts it must have been.

I love death metal too... seeing as I got into metal around 1999/2000 I am coming from a different musical perspective, but nothing beats thrash in my mind. The classic thrash albums will always be the pinnacle of metal to me.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Jan 6,2007 2:43pm
Old School said:
and to make ya feel young and me old i graduated high school 1987.

Haha I was 2 !

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 6,2007 2:48pm
Anthony said:
seeing as I got into metal around 1999/2000

Wow, I'm old as shit.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Jan 6,2007 2:51pm
naah I'm just a youngin is all... only 21

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 6,2007 3:05pm
21?!

These releases are around your age!

At War - Ordered To Kill

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Cro-mags - The Age Of Quarrel

Crumbsuckers - Life Of Dreams

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

Destruction - Eternal Devastation

Exumer - Possessed By Fire

Hallows Eve - Death & Insanity

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time

Judas Priest - Turbo

King Diamond - Fatal Portrait

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill

Loudness - Lightning Strikes

Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Metal Church - The Dark

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Nuclear Assault - Game Over

Obsession - Scarred For Life

Onslaught - The Force

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin

PileDriver - Stay Ugly

Possessed - Beyond The Gates

Queensr˙che - Rage For Order

Razor - Malicious Intent

Slayer - Reign In Blood

Sodom - Obsessed By Cruelty

Twisted Sister - Come Out and Play

Voivod - Killing Technology

W.A.S.P. - Inside The Electric Circus

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][9:04:24am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.06733 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]