New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 2/4 DESTRUCTION(Germany), MUNICIPAL WASTE, DEFCON 4 by RichHorrorNLI on Dec 19,2006 2:10am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RichHorrorNLI at Dec 19,2006 2:10am
[IMG]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5783/destructionwebvc8.jpg [/IMG]

toggletoggle post by ROBINnli at Dec 19,2006 2:11am

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 2:12am
RichHorror -
booya

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 19,2006 2:23am
Who wants to give me permission to set up my distro table, Rich or Robin?

toggletoggle post by ROBINnli at Dec 19,2006 2:24am
Will there be room?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 2:25am
I didn't set this up, I just regulate niggas.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 19,2006 2:27am
I usually snag the spot over near the bar to the left (facing the stage), think I set up 3 times there.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Dec 19,2006 3:30am
I want to attend this.

Badly.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 9:31am
or

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 9:34am
This would be PERFECT if it were just TWO DAYS LATER!!

I'm still going, though.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 11:09am
I will be there.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 19,2006 11:11am
Granny_Monster said:

I'm still going, though.

are you not 21 yet? i will sneak you in my pants?

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 19,2006 11:13am
Messerschmitt said:
Granny_Monster said:

I'm still going, though.

are you not 21 yet? i will sneak you in my pants?

I'll be 21 on the 6th, but that only means I won't be able to drink at the show. Getting in shouldn't be a problem as it's 18+.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 11:13am
Sadus better be going on after MW. I love the Waste but that would be straight-up bullshit if they went on after Sadus.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 11:14am
The new Destruction album will be out really soon. Its going to include remakes of old songs (including Cracked Brain) and a couple of originals. Should be rad as fuck

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 19,2006 11:15am
paganmegan said:
The new Destruction album will be out really soon. Its going to include remakes of old songs (including Cracked Brain) and a couple of originals. Should be rad as fuck

I thought I heard that their next album was gonna be all rerecorded old songs.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 11:15am
Awesome! Inventor of Evil was pretty good. Metal Discharge was way better though. The best of the 'comeback' Destruction is The Antichrist, obviously.

They should re-record Release from Agony. That is an amazing record!

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 11:20am
anthony said:
Awesome! Inventor of Evil was pretty good. Metal Discharge was way better though. The best of the 'comeback' Destruction is The Antichrist, obviously.

They should re-record Release from Agony. That is an amazing record!

They are doing the title track, plus Sign of Fear. Weird how alot of people don't really dig Release from Agony, it rules so hard.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 11:33am
GODDAMN that CD is going to rule. I had no idea about this before right now. I'm psyched.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 11:54am
so going to this

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 1:56pm
hahahaha, I just noticed Robin posted as me for the first post in this thread.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 19,2006 2:36pm
bring more metal to boston. underground death/black/thrash/speed and metal punk and motorhead bands. i hate woostah! and bad death metal hardcore crap by jocks. baseball hats are not metal.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 2:38pm
More metal would come to Boston if people actually came to the shows.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Dec 19,2006 2:39pm
I Agree, shows in Boston are better and support the metal scene here and are cheaper in price too. Help build a bigger and better metal scene in Boston.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 3:10pm
There is plenty of amazing metal in the Boston area. There could def. be improvements though.

1: Worcester or shithole Mark's (FUCK PAY TO PLAY) gets all the good tours. I wish these booking agencies would email me when they are looking for a MA date; I would book things in Boston.

2: 21+ all over the place. Few venues are not 21+ in this area. The ME is 18+ but comparatively it's harder/more expensive to book there. Thank god for all ages Elks Lodge shows, but most of them aren't metal. MassArt is another cool space but no bar/no overt drinking so it's harder to get metalheads to want to come there.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:18pm
I would like nothing more than to live to see the Palladium burn down.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:22pm edited Dec 19,2006 3:23pm
People in Boston are lame and cry about big tours being more than seven bucks. That is why there aren't more big metal shows here. People support these same shows in Worcester and New Hampshire. The problem is the people here, you all suck and should be killed.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:24pm
Almost every time a tour comes through in Worcester AND Boston, the Boston one is during the week or on a Sunday, which murders turnout. If the Palladium would simply burn down, Boston would get the weekend dates.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:25pm
Wrong. The Boston one gets me with a million e-mails or text messages asking if I can get people on the list, and crying that it's more than ten bucks. None of you deserve good shows, none of you support shit.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 3:27pm
People support tours in NH? Or NE Concerts pays the tour package off from opening bands' ticket money? I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

And yes people do show up in droves to Palladium shows, but I think that also has a lot to do with it being one of the only places in MA where big tours go for years and years so people are used to going there.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:29pm
Also, there's a lot of clubs in general in the Boston area that go for the easy money i.e. indie rock, themed dance nights and so on. Even ones that all of you jerk off all over because you just discovered PBR will be following suit soon, it looks like.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 3:30pm
OBrien's? Themed dance nights? Say it ain't so.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:31pm edited Dec 19,2006 3:33pm
I didn't say that. It's just the way things have been going, metal is not guaranteed money in Boston. A lot of that is the laziness of both the fans and bands.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:32pm
RichHorror said:
Wrong. The Boston one gets me with a million e-mails or text messages asking if I can get people on the list, and crying that it's more than ten bucks. None of you deserve good shows, none of you support shit.

I have NEVER done that. If I go to Worcester, it's because there's no Boston date or it's on the weekday. I can't do weekdays, most people can't.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:34pm
You're a woman. I was talking about people.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:35pm
burned.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 3:35pm
I bet I could rent a room in some random dilapidated old warehouse in Dot or Southie or something and turn it into an Olneyville-esque all ages venue... too bad I have a full time job and I'm going back to college soon.. If anybody's interested in working with me on something like that let me know.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:37pm
Yeah. DIY is the only way I can see Boston having a strong scene and succesful shows. Similar to Providence, the city itself doesn't want loud-heavy music, because it doesn't appeal to the largest demographic possible.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 19,2006 3:39pm
DIY venues would be amazing.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 3:40pm
That's why I've been trying to get that MassArt space for fucking ever, but none of those art fags wanna work with me. Fucking depressing.

There's got to be some affordable hall near the MBTA somewhere in this city. Elks Lodge is too much money for me to fuck with..

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 19,2006 3:41pm
pam said:
If I go to Worcester, it's because there's no Boston date

If turnouts don't improve, don't be surprised if there's no Boston dates at all for any bigger tours. If anyone's planning on going to this, order your tickets now. Send a message to the Middle East that metal is a viable draw in Boston by not waiting until the day of the show.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 19,2006 3:49pm
Its too bad that people are so damned apathetic. I know there are plenty of people who listen to metal, they just need to emerge from their caves more often

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 19,2006 4:01pm
I just got my ticket for this.

toggletoggle post by Robinnli at Dec 20,2006 2:39am
Thank you Anthony, www.ticketmaster.com That ticket booth in copely square sells Destruction tickets and the Middle East has them 1-7pm everyday for $18 dollars until the day of the show. This is the second wave of promotion, get your tickets pronto.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 20,2006 2:41am
YEAH NIGGA

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 20,2006 9:22am
Why the hell would anyone not want to see Sadus and Destruction on the same bill??? Its a metal dream come true

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 20,2006 9:22am
BEERS AND BABES

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 9:59am
paganmegan said:
Its a metal dream come true

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 10:08am
Missing this = eternal poseur status

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 20,2006 10:10am
anthony said:
Missing this = eternal poseur status

yup

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 20,2006 10:10am
I think Anthony is as excited for this as me. I didn't think it was possible. Fuck christmas, this is better

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 10:14am
Yeah I am extremely pumped for this. Best tour I have ever seen come through Boston since I've been into metal. Then on Wednesday the 7th there is the thrash basement show in Allston, that's gonna be ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 10:17am
anthony said:
Yeah I am extremely pumped for this. Best tour I have ever seen come through Boston since I've been into metal. Then on Wednesday the 7th there is the thrash basement show in Allston, that's gonna be ridiculous.

I'm pissed that's on the same day as the Unleashed show at Mark's, though.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 20,2006 10:19am
There is no comparison between this and Unleashed. None.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 10:20am
Yeah that's unfortunate but we had to accomodate the touring schedule of Evil Army so that's the day it has to be. I've been trying to get a PVD date together for Thursday the 8th with Evil Army, but Providence people don't get back to me. Might do it in Western MA.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 10:20am
RichHorror said:

THIS and Unleashed, no. But the other show and Unleashed, yes... mostly because I'm determined to get a birthday lapdance.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 20,2006 10:21am
RichHorror said:

I think she's talking about the Wednesday show in Allston, not the Destruction show.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 10:23am
Oh, and I'd really like to see Belphegor. I was bummed when they had to drop off of Death in the Forest.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Dec 20,2006 10:23am
Go to the basement show or I don't love you anymore.

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Dec 20,2006 10:23am
schweet.
i just noticed this was downstairs. thank fucking satan.
an no, i wouldn't be suprised if a show of this magnitude was held upstairs.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 20,2006 10:35am
Granny_Monster said:
RichHorror said:

THIS and Unleashed, no. But the other show and Unleashed, yes... mostly because I'm determined to get a birthday lapdance.

From Johnny Hedlund????? Oh my

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Dec 20,2006 10:36am
Granny_Monster said:
Oh, and I'd really like to see Belphegor. I was bummed when they had to drop off of Death in the Forest.

Belphegor are amazing. I want to see them as many times live as possible

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 20,2006 12:29pm
paganmegan said:
Granny_Monster said:
RichHorror said:

From Johnny Hedlund????? Oh my

Think he'll let me put some singles in is g-string?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Gored Vamperotic Convent
[default homepage] [print][6:52:01am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.04479 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]