Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dissection- Reinkaos by CNV on Dec 6,2006 4:06pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 6,2006 4:06pm
This sounds almost exactly like In Flames- Whoracle

it really is uncanny

I actually like it but the old stuff is still way better

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 6,2006 4:08pm
... should've killed himself before putting out that album.

toggletoggle post by anthony at Dec 6,2006 4:11pm
CNV said:
I actually like it but the old stuff is still way better

Yeah completely no where near 'Storm..' or 'Somberlain', but it's still really good to my ears. I enjoy that CD very much.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 4:12pm
Granny_Monster said:

i thought the same thing, but i've heard a few tracks from it recently and it's growing on me. it would have been more acceptable if he released it under a different band name because it's just not dissection. i like it for what it is, good melodic metal with solid songwriting.

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Dec 6,2006 4:20pm
I like the new album a lot. Very strong with excellent lyrics.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 6,2006 4:21pm
dreadkill said:
Granny_Monster said:

i thought the same thing, but i've heard a few tracks from it recently and it's growing on me. it would have been more acceptable if he released it under a different band name because it's just not dissection. i like it for what it is, good melodic metal with solid songwriting.

Yeah, that would've been fine. People expect something specific when it comes to a lot of bands, and especially with more die hard fans, it can be really dissapointing when you here something so far from what you've been hoping for after so long.

It's not a complete failure, it's just better to see bands go out with something great than to keep it going and break up after putting out material that in no way lives up to previous releases... like Carcass, for example. Swansong actually made me upset when I listened to it for the first time. I'm sure a lot of really big Dissection fans felt the same way when they first heard Reinkaos.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 6,2006 4:24pm
Maha Kali is the best song on it without a doubt

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 4:26pm
Granny_Monster said:
dreadkill said:
Granny_Monster said:

Yeah, that would've been fine. People expect something specific when it comes to a lot of bands, and especially with more die hard fans, it can be really dissapointing when you here something so far from what you've been hoping for after so long.

It's not a complete failure, it's just better to see bands go out with something great than to keep it going and break up after putting out material that in no way lives up to previous releases... like Carcass, for example. Swansong actually made me upset when I listened to it for the first time. I'm sure a lot of really big Dissection fans felt the same way when they first heard Reinkaos.

i'm sure a lot of people hated swansong, and to a degree, heartwork, because they just weren't carcass albums. i happen to love both albums because i take them for what they are. they are poor representatives of the carcass discography as a whole.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 4:28pm
CNV said:

i don't think i've heard that song. i got a free comp in the mail from the end records with starless aeon on it and the song really grew on me. i remember not liking it when i first heard it.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Dec 6,2006 4:32pm
dreadkill said:
i'm sure a lot of people hated swansong, and to a degree, heartwork, because they just weren't carcass albums. i happen to love both albums because i take them for what they are. they are poor representatives of the carcass discography as a whole.

Yeah, I also really liked Heartwork even though it's nothing like old Carcass, or even Necroticism, for that matter. Personally, and I know a lot of other people share this opinion, I just thought Swansong was an out and out bad album.

... but, yeah. Reinkaos = not my cup of tea.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Dec 6,2006 4:53pm
I like the new Dissection, and have no problems with it at all. The production owns! Yeah, they dropped the blast beats and some of the trem riffs, but to me that's fine. I like all their stuff.

Necrotism, symphonies and heartwork were the best Carcass albums! You really can't say that shit about them. Swansong sucked, but I think the others were all Brilliant, In fact, I hated the first album, and I am not scared to admit it! When Symphonies came out, that is when they found their sound and just naturally progressed. Swansong? I don't know what happened there.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Dec 6,2006 6:08pm
well there was no way........and never will be anyone that can top the absolutely perfect masterpiece, storms of the lights bane. having said that, reinchaos is ok. I only give it a 5 out of 10. production is way to clean, songs are simple in structure, and I can't recall any blast beat parts. And most of all and what made SOTLB so unique was the atmosphere they created with the melody and dual rhythms yet still blast throughout. Alot of blackmetal bands use synth to create that atmosphere. Im not sure Ive ever heard better actual songwriting ever before, and not just in metal. let the world cry over the loss of these pop metal-musicians (ala DBD). when a real "songwriter" is gone. any one song off of SOTLB buries probably 98% of any metal bands entire discography.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 6:10pm
i love swansong. it is a fun album to listen to. i think i'll put it on right now.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Dec 6,2006 6:12pm
I agree

Storm is their most briliant work

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 6:13pm
storm of the light's bane is one of the greatest albums ever recorded by humans.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Dec 6,2006 6:21pm
I disagree, swansong is a horrible album. Their sound and style does not, does not fit the death rock mold. They were at their best with the medical grind material of the late 80's early 90's. Heartwork was sub par, at best, and was the beginning of the end.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 6,2006 6:31pm
Granny_Monster said:

Dissection in my mind will always end with Storm of the Lights Bane. It makes me happy that At the Gates did the smart thing and ended on top of their game. Dissection should have done the same.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 6:53pm
rotivore said:
I disagree, swansong is a horrible album. Their sound and style does not, does not fit the death rock mold. They were at their best with the medical grind material of the late 80's early 90's. Heartwork was sub par, at best, and was the beginning of the end.

i agree that the medical grind was the best carcass era, but the cowbell on rock the vote is worth the price of swansong.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 6:55pm
also, i think heartwork is great for a melodic death metal album, but it's just not carcass.

toggletoggle post by inject-now at Dec 6,2006 7:05pm
i like the new dissection. i dont hear the in flames comparison at all but then again i have never been a fan of that band. i just think its an old melodick metal influence. the lyrics are great on reinkaos. much respect to jon.

toggletoggle post by hungtabreed at Dec 6,2006 7:07pm
Granny_Monster said:

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 6,2006 7:54pm
dreadkill said:
storm of the light's bane is one of the greatest albums ever recorded by humans.

I have the 2-CD special edition in stock right now...

http://www.pathosproductions.com

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 7:55pm
way to use a man's suicide to plug your distro

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Dec 6,2006 8:01pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
dreadkill said:

I have the 2-CD special edition in stock right now...

http://www.pathosproductions.com

If you are just buying Storm of the Lights Bane now you lose 1000 scene points.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Dec 6,2006 8:02pm
Metal 'til Death!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 8:03pm
kevin's right. people who buy that cd now are n00bs

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 8:03pm
it should be out of print, so only true metal warriors can own it.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:09pm
Reinkaos is just a good metal album period.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:10pm
PmS

I'm no n00b.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 8:11pm
you are indeed no n00b

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:12pm edited Dec 6,2006 8:13pm
you are indeed a homo

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:24pm
I've never been accused of being a nice guy.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 8:24pm
let's make fuck

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:27pm
fuck is good, fuck is good.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:30pm
Speakin' of fuck!
I wonder how many RTTPers listen to The Smiths while shootin' off nuckle babies to Playgirl?

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:31pm
I've tainted this thread.

My job is done.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 6,2006 8:33pm
i hate the smiths

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 6,2006 8:35pm
Me too, but I like Abba. Thats pretty gay.

Who started the whole "n00b" thing anyways?
Its sounds like highschool b.s.
I will admit its kinda funny.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 7,2006 6:30am
One of the big disappointments of the year for me. Don't like it at all. Can't remember a single song. Wouldn't even like it if it were another band and not Dissection.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 7,2006 6:36am
dreadkill said:

I don't know that I agree about Heartwork. I think it's their best album musically, every song is memorable, the production was perfect, and it was as influential on melodic death as their earlier work was for death/grind. I think it's pure Carcass except that the songwriting is better as are the lyrics. It's definitely a Carcass album, and their most successful. It's also the favorite for a large % of Carcass fans (I won't say the majority because there'd be no way to tell)

I doubt Reinkaos will be Dissection's most successful, even though he killed himself.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 7,2006 6:49am
My feeling is that Storm Of The Lights Bane probably gets the most sales. One of my favs.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Dec 11,2006 10:00pm
Hmm, a weird sub carcass thread, but I still think that Troll is gay!!!!!

Seriously, troll we will get that shit going, just way too buisy /broke these last few weeks. Was thinking about doing shit tomorrow, but have to meet the artist and get our album out. Next TUE sound good to you sailor?

toggletoggle post by Troll at Dec 11,2006 11:05pm
Sure thing cock lips
;-)

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 22,2006 2:35am
I think it's a solid album. Definately not the Dissection I'm familar with and already love but it's a solid fucking album. I don't think there was one blast beat on the whole thing but it rocks. Great leads, great lyrics/singing, beautiful production.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 22,2006 8:36am
CNV said:

I actually prefer Xeper-I-Set and Starless Aeon over Maha Kali, but on the whole, it's a good album. it's much different then the older stuff (which I still worship) but the song writing and composition are virtually flawless.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 22,2006 9:55am
Kevord said:
If you are just buying Storm of the Lights Bane now you lose 1000 scene points.

If you didn't see Dissection on the SOTLB tour, you are a poseur.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Damned Underground Vampire Lesbians
[default homepage] [print][9:46:20am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.03483 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]