New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Anyone want to help Guenhyvar out by buying our demo for 8 dollars? by retzam on Nov 28,2006 10:10pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 28,2006 10:10pm edited Nov 28,2006 10:11pm
The Trash Talking Hoodlums released our 4 song demo that we recorded earlier this year, and they have a good deal the bands whose CDs they release where they don't make any money off of it basically (they get exposure instead). They estimated their production cost at 6 dollars a CD, and they let the band decide what to charge for it and they get the profit. So we decided to sell the demo for 8 dollars (despite them suggesting we sell it for at least 10 or 11). The recordings aren't super good quality or anything, but they are still good and you can still make out everything. The whole demo is actually up on our myspace in much shittier, compressed quality, so you can check us out there to see if you like us. Probably anyone who likes Opeth-type stuff would like us, as a comparison to Opeth is pretty much unavoidable, but I'd say we're different in that we aren't as clean and progressive. Anyway, the CD is 4 songs that average about 9 and a half minutes each I suppose. If anyone's interested you can hear it with shitty sound quality here:
http://www.myspace.com/guenhyvar
and you can buy it here (and hear the first track with decent quality)
http://www.trashtalkinghoodlums.com/ecomme...ct_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=38
And actually, right now we're not even making the 2 dollars per CD really, because we told them to keep the money and send a copy every time it sells three copies (and thus makes 6 dollars, the price of the production of one CD), so after it sells 12 copies, each one of the band members will have a copy, haha. So, sorry to talk your ears off (or write your eyes off?), but yeah, even if only one person on here gets one or one more person finds out about us, I suppose this was a worthwhile post to make.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 6:32am
I'll bump this once before I let it die.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 29,2006 8:31am
interesting

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Nov 29,2006 9:10am
Selling a demo for more than five bucks is a bad idea.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Nov 29,2006 10:22am
8 bucks is too much for a 4 song demo. Just saying dudes, take a hit and lower the price or you're not going to move these at all.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 2:40pm
It's 40 minutes of music for 8 bucks. It costs 6 bucks to make it. I'm not saying it's a super awesome deal, but if we want our copies for free we better have some kind of profit you know? And we're also giving away burned copies for free at our expense, but we can't afford to mail them and shit, so that's only at shows really. We're not expecting this to move a lot.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 2:40pm
GoatOfCatalyst said:
Selling a demo for more than five bucks is a bad idea.

Personally, I think selling a demo in general isn't a good idea.

toggletoggle post by MetalAss at Nov 29,2006 3:31pm
I'll never pay eight bucks for a demo.

In fact, just knowing that you're in it for profit, I'll never pay for ANYTHING by Guenhyvar.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 4:51pm
MetalAss said:

In fact, just knowing that you're in it for profit, I'll never pay for ANYTHING by Guenhyvar.

I don't see where you get the idea that we're in it for profit, this is now the third time I'll say it, we are making 2 dollars profit on each CD right now so we can make 24 dollars and therefore each get a copy of the CD for free. Then we'll probably lower the price to 6 dollars and not be making anything. I don't care if you pay for it, actually, I'd love to burn you a copy if you're interested.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 4:53pm
The only thing is I don't know who you are or how I'd get it to you. Really we don't care about the money at all. Why would we be playing music if we cared about money? If we wanted money we'd have done very good in school so we could go to MIT and eventually get some shitty job and make tons every year, but that's not happening. Please don't imply we care about money, it's a bit insulting actually.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 29,2006 4:53pm
MetalAss said:

if they were in it for profit, they'd be a metalcore band.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][10:47:45am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01573 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]