New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Akercocke start recording new CD by the_reverend on Nov 27,2006 11:42am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 27,2006 11:42am
Akercocke are gearing up for the recording of their fifth album. The suited ones plan to commence recording at their very own Goat of Mendes Studios in December.
Frontman Jason Mendonca describes the new material as "...a logical development from Words That Go Unspoken. We are continuing to enhance and highlight the dynamics in our music. The contrast between light and shade is stronger in places although in essence, our new work promises to be our most violent. Expect hyperblast speeds that will shame the pretenders. Bludgeoning primitive death grooves, rancorous hate filled black metal and teutonic thrash assaults all seared with swathes of mind shredding electronica and dark, ancient textures."

Akercocke's last album "Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone" was released on Earache in 2005. The forthcoming album to be released in May 2007 will be the band's third with Earache records.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Akercocke

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 27,2006 11:47am
nice

toggletoggle post by ValkyrieScreams  at Nov 27,2006 1:16pm
the_reverend said:
Frontman Jason Mendonca [says] '...our new work promises to be our most violent. Expect hyperblast speeds that will shame the pretenders. Bludgeoning primitive death grooves, rancorous hate filled black metal... and dark, ancient textures.'

Oh my. I can't wait.
I just played "Words That Go Unspoken" for a friend of mine last night and she liked it so much she almost wet herself. Of course, my car stereo tends to have this effect on people. I hope the new CD lives up to Mendonca's description.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Nov 27,2006 2:30pm
why dont they tour for the last album first!? And be cool like they did a few years ago and tour the states.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 27,2006 2:42pm
i missed that show. i remember the lineup of bands being awesome and porphyria was one of the openers. i couldn't go. i was pissed.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Nov 27,2006 4:19pm
i went, didnt stay for mortician though

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][10:26:46am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01027 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]