New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> what I'm getting sick of by J. on Nov 25,2006 6:08pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by J. at Nov 25,2006 6:08pm
backwards vocals in black metal songs......who cares? the 70s are over and no one thinks satan is being praised if you play an lp backwards........ssisippp gguuuuuu rrrrrrrg :echoes:

toggletoggle post by J. at Nov 25,2006 6:09pm
it doesnt sound evil either, sounds like the way retards "try" to communicate

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Nov 26,2006 10:33am
I'm getting sick of post-1996 black metal bands... none of them are any good.

The whole idea of black metal is that you don't have to hide your words in praise of Satan...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 26,2006 6:02pm
I dont think a specific year divids good and bad, things just blew up and that means alot of CRAP blew up with it. Theres plenty of good bands out there.........the most black metal of all:.................Tom Waits ;) hah, nah that guy rocks at what he does

toggletoggle post by anonymousteinberg at Nov 26,2006 10:21pm
He is only half Jewish.

toggletoggle post by Arilliusbm nli at Nov 26,2006 10:57pm
simple solution: stop listening to black metal.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Nov 26,2006 11:05pm
Any who claims black metal to be exhausted of its grim splendor and is unfamiliar with Watain and Deathspell Omega ought be cast into the grand conflagration at once.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 27,2006 12:03am
I'm getting sick of girly singing in metalcore. There should not be any queer singing in metal or hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 27,2006 12:06am
I'm getting sick of people saying that Nasum is the greatest grind band ever and calling bands like Shai Hulud hardcore.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 27,2006 12:32am
I thought Shai Hulud WAS hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Arilliusbm nli at Nov 27,2006 12:47am
brb, let me grab my dictionary

toggletoggle post by cav at Nov 27,2006 1:15am
Lamp said:
I'm getting sick of people saying that Nasum is the greatest grind band ever and calling bands like Shai Hulud hardcore.

listen to "hearts once nourised with hope and compassion" put out in 1997 and tell me hulud isnt hardcore. just because its melodic doesnt mean its not hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Nov 27,2006 1:22am edited Nov 27,2006 1:23am
I checked in my dictionary under HARDCORE and some dude wearing basketball shorts and an Agnostic Front hoodie screamed "My Friends and My Family" directly into my face. Ok, he didn't scream, it was more of a crackly yell.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Nov 27,2006 1:23am
Way to know nothing.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 27,2006 2:30am edited Nov 27,2006 2:43am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk

Seriously.

Shai Hulud = metalcore
Hardcore = punk

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Nov 27,2006 3:14am
Wikipedia is not a reliable source.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc nli at Nov 27,2006 6:40am
Lamp said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk

Seriously.

Shai Hulud = metalcore
Hardcore = punk

If people actually knew what metalcore was then this wouldn't be an issue. I think you're right. But let's face it, all the subgenre's names have been hijacked by newer subgenres. I try not to care about it. But yeah...hardcore as it was has been dead for decades now.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Nov 27,2006 6:50am
Actually, that's not true. Hardcore as it was may be past its heyday, but there are plenty of bands out there still playing hardcore punk like it used to be in modern day.

Check a couple labels:
http://www.derangedrecords.com
http://www.havocrex.com

The reality is, no genre every really dies. It may get less popular, but there are still people playing 70s punk, there are still people playing 80s hardcore...hell, I wouldn't be surprised there are people out there somewhere trying to make disco. The thing about modern hardcore bands that sound old school is they get reduced to calling themselves thrash which causes even more confusion because then it makes you think "Thrash? Like metal?" Basically a lot of the stuff people call hardcore these days is NYHC influenced, which isn't particularly stuff I care for.

And there's actually pictures on this site of my favorite band doing this in the 21st century, even though they're broken up now...
http://www.returntothepit.com/pictures.php?id=6995

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 27,2006 8:57am
i'm getting sick of you.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 27,2006 10:35am
i'm getting sick of people who base their musical tastes off of what is considered "true" or "acceptable".

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood   at Nov 27,2006 10:57am
I can't get behind that!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Antideluvian Voltaic Chronicles
[default homepage] [print][7:11:58pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01462 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]