New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> why hot topic pisses me off by el sphincto on Oct 30,2006 9:56pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by el sphincto at Oct 30,2006 9:56pm
They claim to be all about the music and the customers. What a load of shit. Yeah their about shitty nu metal pop punk and emo, but that's not good music.

Last time i was there i found a ramallah shirt. Good. And i asked the person working there if they had any shirts by bauhaus, skinny puppy or gg allin, yet they never heard of any of those artists. You can tell its run by posers when they dress goth and never even heard of bauhaus.

Also they have alot of nerdy shit there too. Sorry i though hot topic was a place for wannabe metal/punk/goth kids.

And i heard they sell cruxshadows cds at hot topic, wtf

All about the music my ass. Rttp is all about the music

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Oct 30,2006 9:58pm
Is this a read thread?

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 30,2006 10:01pm
umm...I..uhhh....what?
they usually have tons of bauhaus stuff at hot topics i go to because theyre the hip goth band every goth has to like
but why anyone is suprised that they are let down by that store is beying me

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Oct 30,2006 10:11pm
It made me sad to see a Celtic Frost and Megadeth shirt there. :(

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 30,2006 10:18pm
I bought a Celtic Frost "Morbid Tales" shirt at a Hot Topic, but if they started specializing in real underground extreme music, they'd go out of business. Maybe if they got Fenriz to put on girls' makeup and dress like a gay Catholic school boy gone bad, or maybe have the singer of Amon Amarth seductively pose shirtless covered in glitter, they'd start focusing more on the good shit, but until then, the best thing to do is ignore Hot Topic and their promotion of faggotry.

toggletoggle post by yaddit at Oct 30,2006 10:22pm
Who gives a shit

toggletoggle post by everpessimistnow not logged in at Oct 30,2006 10:35pm
hah i go into that place like once every six months to see if there is something good in there, and within 30 seconds, i am walking back out, i dont really give a shit about the crap they sell enough to deal with the 30 goth kids they've got jammed in there trying to sell me queer jewlery and those super cheesy s&m dresses, wal-mart is fine with me.

if i really want a band shirt, i can order it or demand it for christmas, malls give me anxiety, heh.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Oct 30,2006 10:36pm
Why don't people just buy shirts at shows instead of even having a discussion about hot topic. Hot topic sucks,wahh, why do u go? If u do go don't tell anybody if it makes u less "cool". I guess "who gives a shit" would have worked.

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Oct 30,2006 10:43pm
i bought Lucid Interval there for like 5 bucks one time

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 30,2006 11:24pm
Ryan_M said:
Maybe if they got Fenriz to put on girls' makeup and dress like a gay Catholic school boy gone bad, or maybe have the singer of Amon Amarth seductively pose shirtless covered in glitter...

So... Erotic... *shudder*

Seriously, is the OP the same person that started the "which group do you like besides metallers" poll? Or just equivalently dumb?

toggletoggle post by dan nli at Oct 31,2006 2:19am
great thread! i miss this board.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2006 8:29am
you know where they sell lots of great bands shirts?

at shows.

toggletoggle post by SlavonicIdentity at Oct 31,2006 8:38am
xmikex said:

at shows.

and Hell's Headbanger's.

toggletoggle post by MassOfTwoSlits at Oct 31,2006 8:50am
Hot Topic is the perfect place to find Boba Fet sweat bands. Don't knock it.

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Oct 31,2006 9:43am
SlavonicIdentity said:
xmikex said:

at shows.

and Hell's Headbanger's.

... and Hanger 19

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2006 10:34am
I think you folks are missing the point.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 31,2006 10:37am
i remember once upon a time when Hot Topic was pretty cool when it was the hole in the all in the Solomon Pond Mall. they carried all kinds of dark vampyric/occult stuff. you could find good books there, they carried those crazy ass claw rings and spikes and such, when i was like 14 and 15 it was pretty sweet. then they turned gay and it sucks balls now.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2006 10:43am
I was a sophomore in high school when Hot Topic blew up. I forget what I bought in there but I remember the whole world being totally scandalized that I, or anyone would actually shop in a store where the cashiers have *gasp* black dyed hair and *heart attack* facial peircings. The truth was I walked in there with a Morbid Angel shirt on, laughed at the place because it just looked like the set of the old McDonalds halloween commercial (with the vampire nuggets), and got looked at like I was a dick.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2006 10:45am

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 31,2006 10:52am
xmikex said:

i still have those in toy form somewhere

toggletoggle post by Granny_Monster at Oct 31,2006 11:33am
eddie said:
xmikex said:

i still have those in toy form somewhere

*jealous*

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 31,2006 12:08pm
hot topic. for ages 8-18. i walked in there and felt ashamed. ashamed of all the immature kids there screaming "Killswitch is awesome dooood!" ashamed of a 14 year old kid wearing an Overkill shirt that was from the Under the Influence tour. Kid you weren't even born yet, must be his father's! Ashamed of the cashier girl telling me an incorrect history of cannibal corpse! girl you were even born yet either when Eaten back to Life was released! ashamed of seeing a used Overcast tee there (red from 1998). ashamed of being given a "haircut" coupon to get a heavy metal doo.

someone told me to check out holyoke mall, they have some cool shop that has original transformers from the early 80's. and i guess they have LP records of old school thrash bands (Dark Angel, Overkill, Acid Reign, Death Angel, Heathen, Demolition Hammer, Exodus, Rigor Mortis, etc...) i can't make it out there - on the other side of the state.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 31,2006 12:14pm
youre all just upset cause you could never get jobs there.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 31,2006 12:41pm
i worked at the Auburn Mall one when it opened. i just stole a whole lot of action figures and quit.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Oct 31,2006 12:49pm
W3 nli said:
youre all just upset cause you could never get jobs there.

I've applied there like 3 times before. They never called me.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 31,2006 1:27pm edited Oct 31,2006 1:28pm
Hot Topic sells merchandise according to whatever is popular at the moment. They do it to make money. They wouldn't be making much money selling thrash or cult metal CDs in the mall. I bought that stuff in the mall in the 80s, and it didn't even sell much back then.

They wouldn't be making money selling Bauhaus CDs either. They are not goths at all, you've got to do more than wear black and watch Tim Burton movies to qualify for that tag.

toggletoggle post by NateTheWAR at Oct 31,2006 1:38pm
Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua used to have a store called Streetwear Alley, that was half skate shop, half band/novelty tees.. and they had an a pretty decent amount of black/death metal and hardcore, etc shirts... mostly older earache, metal blade, relapse, and victory bands... I can remember seeing shit like Burzum, Deadguy, Anal Cunt, Brutal Truth, Napalm Death, Broken Hope, Strife, and the like in there. I think it closed around 2000.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 31,2006 3:18pm
i remember that store. i delivered arcade games to the Dream Machine there.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Oct 31,2006 11:15pm
The place is bullshit.
Every once in a blue moon, I look in and see if the rare shirt worth buying is on the wall. Usually reprints of bands that are worth a damn or the odd good modern band snuck in by someone working there with good taste.
Last one of these was several months ago when I found a Judge "Bringin' it down" shirt. THAT shocked me for a second.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Oct 31,2006 11:44pm
another thing about hot topic is the 17.95 shirts give me a break the same band same shirt is sold at the show for 8-10

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 1,2006 2:22am
do u guys really go to the mall? What am I missing here?

toggletoggle post by Allah That at Nov 1,2006 2:57am
never been in one.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker not logged in at Nov 1,2006 10:22am
im starting to almost feel this way about newbury comics...one thing i hate about these stores is how they have to blare shitty metal or spooky kid music all through out the store....and i can sympathize with hating those "dooder killswitch is so sick man"....last time i was in newbs i heard some kid proclaim to his freind "did you hear the new as i lay dying cd. its so brutal and the solos are wicked technical" i wanted to turn and put them out of there misery so bad

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 1,2006 11:13am
i hear a lot of mall kids talk about killswitch saying how brutal and heavy the music is. nothing can top them, etc... i'm always in the mall and walk by hot topic. i live at the apple store. usually there are teens just hanging outside hot topic running around like they are like 4 yrs old. with their long blue hair and chains draggin on the ground. the store usually blasts killswitch when i walk by. being handed a coupon to get a metal haircut is just rediculus

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 1,2006 11:31am
fuck metal haircuts. i have a plastic haircut. eat ur heart out mr potato head.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 1,2006 11:44am
The only thing dumber than Hot Topic is getting stressed out about Hot Topic.

The last time I cared what a bunch of 14 year olds were listening to I was 13. You kids are dumb.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Nov 1,2006 1:31pm
my thoughts exactly

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Nov 1,2006 2:47pm
What the fuck is a metal haircut?
I must know so my future indevor into the barbering practice can florish.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Nov 1,2006 3:09pm
babyshaker not logged in said:
im starting to almost feel this way about newbury comics...one thing i hate about these stores is how they have to blare shitty metal or spooky kid music all through out the store....and i can sympathize with hating those "dooder killswitch is so sick man"....last time i was in newbs i heard some kid proclaim to his freind "did you hear the new as i lay dying cd. its so brutal and the solos are wicked technical" i wanted to turn and put them out of there misery so bad

haha as i lay dying technical haha but atleast these kids aren't into bubblegum pop right?

toggletoggle post by hybrid   at Nov 1,2006 3:20pm
niccolai said:
Is this a read thread?

hahahahahahahahahaha

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Aborted Antric Cunt
[default homepage] [print][2:49:06pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01841 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]