New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> my iPod is pissing me off by the_reverend on Oct 17,2006 1:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 1:18pm
I've been trying to get it to synch for 2 days now. I got it to get the new songs on it, but it would stop saying "do not disconnect"

I'm re-installing for the 3rd time now.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 1:19pm
I'm afraid to buy one of these. They seem to have more problems than they're worth.

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Oct 17,2006 1:22pm
Never had a problem with my 6 gig mini

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 1:30pm
I'm buying one in about a week or so, with a good warranty. Electronics ALWAYS break on me. Always.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Oct 17,2006 1:44pm
I have an iRiver and never have problems with it. It rules. Don't have to use iTunes either.

toggletoggle post by CaptainCleanoff at Oct 17,2006 1:46pm
Pee on it. Works for me although it smells.

toggletoggle post by spaldino@werk at Oct 17,2006 1:59pm
cant wait for the microsoft mp3 player....

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Oct 17,2006 2:01pm
aaron, you know how i told you mine did it this morning...well when i checked my laptop...i had a pop up msg saying that the latest itunes version was available...but i clicked no and then my ipod was fine.

toggletoggle post by babyshakernotloggedin at Oct 17,2006 2:03pm
i have a dinosaur of a 20gb ipod not video not picture nothing it aint pretty buts its never given me problems

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 2:25pm
spaldino@werk said:

I thought about holding out for that, but 1st versions always have errors and they improve them almost immediately. I am not that patient.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Oct 17,2006 2:29pm
babyshaker..that's what i have...got it for free too

toggletoggle post by shamash nli at Oct 17,2006 4:20pm
i bought a refurbished 20 gig click wheel off the apple website for 160 bucks. no problems. the video just seemed like another thing to break on it to me.

toggletoggle post by spaldino@werk at Oct 17,2006 4:22pm
pam said:
spaldino@werk said:

I thought about holding out for that, but 1st versions always have errors and they improve them almost immediately. I am not that patient.

i know... but wireless file sharing? come on! how could you not wait for that?

toggletoggle post by theaccurseddrummer  at Oct 17,2006 4:27pm
I've got the 30G, it completely shit itself once, wouldn't charge, wouldn't connect, and all I had to do was bring it to the closest Apple store and they replaced it then and there. It took maybe 5 minutes for it to update from scratch. Whatever's in iTunes will go back onto the new iPod. I'm going up there before Xmas to get the warranty extended another 2 years. Even if it's buggy, at least they'll fix or replace it.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 17,2006 4:36pm
i had a 4 gb mini for about a year, never had any problems. i even dropped it like 50 times on pavement, concrete, cement, etc. and it just got a few dings and dents. i upgraded to a 60 gb video iPod in august and have not had any problems yet. but it's under warranty so it's all good.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 4:41pm
it won't synch... I folllowed all their steps three times. gr...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 4:45pm
if I brought it in to get replaced, I would get the 80gb since the 60s are gone. I wanted a 120GB trye video one...

the zune looks gay and over sized. the new ipods will have blue tooth.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 4:49pm
AWESOME!!! I just plugged my ipod in and all my songs are gone.
boy, I sure am glad I can listen to them while I'm driving!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 4:58pm
yikes.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 5:14pm
the iPods can have issues, but zunes are hella, mega, and wicked gay all at the same time. from someone that hates the PSP, this is like saying "i don't like white people, but nazis are really cool!"

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 5:24pm
I'll get an iPod, I am lazy and seek instant gratification. Plus I get to have an 80gig one. I can't wait to tune everyone out in public again.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 5:27pm
I got a set of headphones from walmart for $15 that rule. now, it just need my iPod to work. oh, and a banana hamock holder for it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 5:31pm
Hot.
I dream of walking around campus and hearing Judas Priest instead of "LIKE SO ANYWAY, OH MY GOD, LIKE, WOW".

toggletoggle post by Anti-Racism  at Oct 17,2006 6:57pm
the_reverend said:
I've been trying to get it to synch for 2 days now.

You bought from Apple, this is what you deserve.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 7:11pm
I hooked it up to another computer and it finally updated.
lame

toggletoggle post by Anti-Racism  at Oct 17,2006 7:13pm
These are the people who brought you the Macintosh portable in 1990 or so. Remember that? Probably not, for good reason.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 7:25pm
I think I found one and it's in my closet.

toggletoggle post by dertoxia   at Oct 17,2006 7:36pm
hey the AppleII was an amazing leap in computing

...i still dont like apple though

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 8:02pm
I'm not an Apple fan, but I'm pro-convienence.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Oct 17,2006 8:13pm
pam said:
I'm afraid to buy one of these. They seem to have more problems than they're worth.

Truthfully, every other ipod-owner I've talked to has had some problem with it, and I'm no exception. However, the warranty I had enabled me to get mine replaced (and come to find out, the problem I was having was because I didn't have USB 2.0, so it wasn't a shortcoming of the ipod itself). So your plan to get a good warranty is definitely a good plan. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my ipod. I have a 40 gig original or something, the normal white one whatever it is. I havn't had any problems with it since it was replaced. The only complaint I have is the ipod itself puts split-second gaps between every song, and there is no way to change this (at least, I've talked to many many people and no one has found a solution that I know of). This can be very very annoying for albums where all the songs flow together. I pretty much can't deal with listening to Dark Side Of The Moon or Death's Design and the like on the ipod, especially with Death's Design since the tracks are so short, it's way too much to handle. Other than that, I'm very very satisfied with it. Just make sure that you have USB 2.0, and if you don't, install the ipod software using a different computer. As long as you install the ipod software onto it using USB 2.0, it doesn't matter if you have it to upload songs, it will just upload at a slightly slower rate.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 8:19pm
I have no idea if I have USB 2.0 on my laptop, I might on the desktop. Thanks man! I feel better.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 8:20pm
That little second pause is totally annoying. I've yet to find a way around that with mp3's.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 8:24pm
I have no gap between songs.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 8:25pm
Do you know how you did that?

toggletoggle post by retzam at Oct 17,2006 8:30pm
pam said:
I have no idea if I have USB 2.0 on my laptop, I might on the desktop. Thanks man! I feel better.

No problem. If you have a PC, I'm pretty sure the easiest way to check if you have USB 2.0 or not is to go into Control Panel - System - Device Manager, then open the USB tag and check the properties on the hub(s). It should specify if it's USB 2.0. Also, another way to know is if you plug in something that is meant for USB 2.0 and you don't have it, a message should come up that says something like "Warning, a high speed device is plugged into a low speed port, blah blah blah".

toggletoggle post by retzam at Oct 17,2006 8:31pm
Rev, you gotta tell us how you did that.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 17,2006 9:14pm
Thanks! You're all kinds of handy.

toggletoggle post by Jared_The_Zompire  at Oct 17,2006 9:46pm
babyshakernotloggedin said:
i have a dinosaur of a 20gb ipod not video not picture nothing it aint pretty buts its never given me problems

Cheers to that.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2006 9:50pm

toggletoggle post by Jared_The_Zompire  at Oct 17,2006 9:57pm
babyshakernotloggedin said:

Cheers to that.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Oct 17,2006 10:37pm
pam said:
Thanks! You're all kinds of handy.

I do what I can m'am [tips hat]

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][6:57:19am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02833 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]