New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> the network played serious unexpected crustpunk show last night by boobtoucher on Oct 26,2003 11:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 26,2003 11:22pm
Last night we had a show at the box of knives in providence. That place is a serious scum palace where you can bring your own beer and basically shoot up black tar heroin, smoke crack, and/or fuck a 12 yr old asian boy with no consequences.

Anyway, we learned that upstairs was a serious punk show featuring none other than toxic narcotic and the UK Subs themselves. So, like many of our shows, not many people showed up, but upstairs was packed to the walls with enough leather, metal, and ironed mohawks to ressurect Sid Vicious himself.

We played downstairs, as scheduled, and rocked the fucker to the ground. Then somebody asked me if I wanted to go check out the bands upstairs.

I said, "For $7?, no thanx"
He replied, "I can get you in for free."
To which I responded, "How bout you get us to play up there."
"It may be a possiblity," he said

I followed him upstairs, found some half conscious man who, not only set up the show in this two-story sewage containment facility, but also lived there. We proceeded to tell him the network wanted to play, he mumbled something with an agreeable look on his face, and then our bandmates, as well as almost everyone who saw us downstairs, carried all our equipment immediately upstairs.

We set up in the corner and right when some shitty band was finished, we blasted into one of our new songs while tightly encased by a wall made up of some of the dirtiest fuckin punks I've seen since I lived in D.C. The kids that saw us downstairs as well as some of our buddies from Umbrella just went nuts. And, I must say, I think we put on a particularly good performance and sounded amazing as well. The next thing I knew, the majority of the punks must have reached some deeply rooted instinctive attraction to raw, energetic music and just joined in the melee. It was as if they no longer needed a constant beat or easily accesible chorus, verse, chorus to appreciate some dirty shit. Needless to say, all of us were being tossed around and loving it. We played only 3 songs and were out.

We played two of the new songs we've been recording (Rev, you'll have them within two weeks or so), and the first song of our 2002 demo, End Transmission. We surprisingly sold a great deal of merch and were invited by numerous people to play again.

I don't know what relevance this story has, but it was probably the most fun I've personally had playing a show in a long time. Also, it was satisfiying to be given the oppurtunity to see such varying cultures based primarily around extreme music of somewhat differing fundamental structures and sound come together in such an unprecented, but natural way. For someone who has evolved into the person I am today through music ranging from early punk, indie, and eventually metal/hc/grind and everything in between, it was reassuring to have experienced this type of event. It made me think of a lot of the bullshit that comes up in underground music, be it separatism, elitist attitudes, closed-mindedness, etc., is exactly what it is, BULLSHIT.

This was how I felt before, however, last night served as a reminder and only strengthed my initial belief. And its not just that this type of "bullshit" only happens in underground music, I believe its just a natural phenomenon that occurs within any culture, subculture, or even a small group of people. The ones who are able to realize this, I believe, are the ones that stick around and are the best to be around. Shit happens, rock on.

Also, for some reason, I really think we're gonna get signed soon. I have no credible evidence to base this on, but its gotta happen and huge thanx to the Rev, Rusted Angel, and everyone else here who's into us and all the other local bands who are way too under appreciated. I honestly think that this site, the radio show, and all its fans are a microcosm of the way metal/hardcore should be, and someday, will be.

the_network xoxoxoxoxo

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Oct 27,2003 12:13am

Rock on guys.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 27,2003 12:15am
I hope you guys are signed too.
talk to relapse of blackmarketactivities

toggletoggle post by ieatpeople4god at Oct 27,2003 1:01am
kev, nice mental annihlilation, i like to hear the positive more enlightened side of extreme music because that's who we are ... id like to thank you for contributing this, also the rev for this site, and all bands who rock metal or not here we come

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 27,2003 9:13am
I hope I dont sound like an asshole, but who are you, "ieatpeople4god"?

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 27,2003 9:20am
whats the deal with box o knives?
hows the draw on any given show
whats the place like sound system ect

toggletoggle post by ieatpeople4god at Oct 27,2003 9:37am
boobtoucher said:
I hope I dont sound like an asshole, but who are you, "ieatpeople4god"?

your worst nightmare...

toggletoggle post by ieatpeople4god at Oct 27,2003 9:44am
just kidding .... who is an ass of a supreme nature who just got a computer and sends you fucked up emails and posts fucked up things on the freshly found rttp message board? it took me a second visit to realize that all the people know each other here so...

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 27,2003 12:02pm
OOoOOOoOoO its you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 27,2003 10:31pm
hey tim, whats up...here's my summary of the show we played

people...please tell me what you think of the short analysis i just gave concerning the hc/metal/grind scene of today

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 27,2003 10:38pm
I wish I was there, in the special place, most precious hidden gem of me new england scene.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 27,2003 10:41pm
Also, for some reason, I really think we're gonna get signed soon. I have no credible evidence to base this on, but its gotta happen and huge thanx to the Rev, Rusted Angel, and everyone else here who's into us and all the other local bands who are way too under appreciated. I honestly think that this site, the radio show, and all its fans are a microcosm of the way metal/hardcore should be, and someday, will be.

i think you will get signed as long as you keep kicking eachother while you play crazy music.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 27,2003 10:47pm
hahahahaha...poor scott

what a sucka mc

toggletoggle post by skinbubbleconductor  at Oct 27,2003 11:22pm
In less than 500 words I agree with dear boobtoucher!!! As I told him..."playing downstairs was cool, but palying upstairs was the shamrock in the foam on your guiness!!" At first when we were setting up for the second time our surrounding peers seemed to be filled with cat-like curiosity and mouse-like amoungst themselves as they gazed at us. It seemed as if they were thinking, who are these sweaty abercrombie and fitch clean-cut malakas, and what the fuck is about to happen???
Well, what i can tell you sweet message board is that reaction we received, to me, was completely unexpected!!! Not only were there guitars strings and network limbs contorting to the beat.....there were mohawks, leather coats, and punk rockers holding beer in hand doing the same as-well!!!
I would have been happy with the mayhem which we created downstairs prier to......
All I can say is those people at box of knives put the punk in rock, and I can't wait till someone gets their head right soon and signs our asses so we can do this shit all over the fucking place the_network.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][11:09:54am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01793 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]