Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Nintento Wii by SteveOTB on Oct 5,2006 3:14pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Oct 5,2006 3:14pm
I can tell you this system is going to fail right away. I mean c'mon who wants to play videogames like this?

http://wii.nintendo.com/controllers.html

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 5,2006 3:23pm edited Oct 5,2006 3:24pm
It will not fail. People said the same thing about the DS because it was different. You don't HAVE to play the games like that, it supports normal controllers as well as the wiimote.

Not to mention:

1. They will be making a profit immediately off the hardware (generally XBOX and Sony lose money on each console and make up for it in game sales).
2. The $250 price tag will likely murder the 360 and PS3 ($400 and $600).
3. They are shipping millions by years' ends. PS3 is only shipping a few hundred thousands.
4. Supposedly up to 25 launch titles (some on the virtual arcade, some on the console itself).

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 5,2006 4:22pm
SteveOTB said:
I can tell you this system is going to fail right away. I mean c'mon who wants to play videogames like this?

http://wii.nintendo.com/controllers.html

people that aren't disgustingly fat and lazy?

i'll tell you right now, it looks fun as hell and there are plenty of people who are excited about fresh gaming experiences. not every gamer sits around eating fritos, waiting for final fantasy 35 and gta 17 to come out so they can play alone, for days, in a dimly lit room filled with anime action figures.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Oct 5,2006 4:28pm
that was me, by the way.

ps amazon.com is sold out of wii pre-orders. nintendo is teh d00m3d!!!11!1!11

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Oct 5,2006 5:36pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
It will not fail. People said the same thing about the DS because it was different. You don't HAVE to play the games like that, it supports normal controllers as well as the wiimote.

Not to mention:

1. They will be making a profit immediately off the hardware (generally XBOX and Sony lose money on each console and make up for it in game sales).
3. They are shipping millions by years' ends. PS3 is only shipping a few hundred thousands.
4. Supposedly up to 25 launch titles (some on the virtual arcade, some on the console itself).

I didn't know it actually supported the regular controlers. I was under the impression that you have to play the video games with a remote control.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 5,2006 5:45pm

toggletoggle post by Dertoxia-nli at Oct 5,2006 5:49pm
im just excited about the motion sensing abilities of the controller. I can remember playing games like sonic and shit on my old GameGear and throwing my arms and legs around as if it would help me.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 5,2006 6:30pm
SteveOTB said:
DrinkHardThrashHard said:

Not to mention:

I didn't know it actually supported the regular controlers. I was under the impression that you have to play the video games with a remote control.

its to my understanding you can use the gamecube controler with it

toggletoggle post by Andy. at Oct 11,2006 2:27pm
This is why apple never made a console.

Nintendo got confused when microsoft got involved and decided to make their console look like an ipod.

toggletoggle post by hungtableed at Oct 11,2006 10:35pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Nov 21,2006 7:40pm
with all this talk of the wii i figured i would share these videos i found
zelda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gtQiMd96Ns
mario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhrrajn_8GI

toggletoggle post by espltd at Nov 22,2006 1:39am
this system owns....fuck the ps3 and its defective hard drive.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Nov 22,2006 6:54am
Everyone I know who has a PS3 hard drive is fine. Totally different types of systems. No reason to compare them. But I forgot, videogame fanbois are asshats so they are required to own one system and whine about the others.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 22,2006 7:25am
carina's been trying to get a Wii for a couple days now. anyone know where she can pick one up?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 22,2006 7:27am
I have a feeling that gamecube games are going to be snapped up like crazy. I for one am getting the gc's zelda!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Nov 22,2006 9:03am
My roomate got his Wii the other day. We've already had one instance of someone getting way too into it and crashing into a window. Seriously though, it's fun as hell. Only time will tell if people really do want to play video games this way, or if it's just a novelty, but this could very well be the beginning of something huge.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Nov 22,2006 3:50pm

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Nov 22,2006 3:54pm
the workplace is changed forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qadWygbdNc0&NR

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Nov 22,2006 4:07pm
xanonymousx said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMl17A-5I38&NR

isnt that Mike Hsu from WAAF?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 22,2006 4:44pm
no, that's the singer of cephalic carnage

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 22,2006 4:48pm
and one of his friends is dreadkill...

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Nov 22,2006 4:52pm
i thought the Wii was just a south park story line until like a week before it came out, hahaha

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 22,2006 5:39pm
i scored 7 wii games all between 22 and 35 bucks
i didn't realize i wanted one until it was too late and i'll be getting one this weekend

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Nov 22,2006 7:17pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 22,2006 9:22pm
carina.. looks like I found a reason to buy maha 2700 batteries and put my 2000/2200's in the Wii!

toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Nov 22,2006 9:29pm
it looks fun as fuck. hahah it still looks funny watching the comercial showing the kid playing baseball with the remote swinging it like a bat

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 1:29am
t minus 3 hours until I'm getting up to go get one!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 6:42am
yep, slept through it

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 7:00am
yep, no wiis anywhere.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Nov 24,2006 7:10am
nintento

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 7:17am
non-friendo. I don't want to be here anymore. circuit city, nothing.
toys r us, nothing.
gamestop, nothing
waiting inline at ebgames

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 7:19am
ha! I just saw the new VP from my company.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 7:22am
I've started calling places while waiting inline at ebgames. nothing anyplace that I call.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 7:30am
nope, none at electronics boutique. the kid infront of me has one in a bag....

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Nov 24,2006 7:36am
the_reverend said:
nope, none at electronics boutique. the kid infront of me has one in a bag....

bludgeon him and take it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 8:06am
came home empty handed. fuck you black friday.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Nov 24,2006 9:57am
I played the Wii sports for a few hours yesterday, it's pretty fun but it doesn't last.

You might not get one at a retailer store until next week, I think another million are shipping.

toggletoggle post by DeRtOxIa   at Nov 24,2006 11:07am
whatever happened to people wanting a product and stores having it? this isn't post-soviet Russia here.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 24,2006 11:22am
ha! supply and demand. I'm going to go to best buy on sunday when it opens to get one and zelda. we'll see.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Nov 24,2006 8:30pm
dont play wii in front of a window

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 2:29am
everyone start the betting pool about whetehr I get a wii or not in a couple hours

toggletoggle post by MattKings at Nov 26,2006 3:09am
steve has made love to the sony ps3

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:21am
they only have either 20 or 35. and there are more people than that who slept here. I'm 2 large store fronts down.

I guess I'm number um.. 100 in line. number 87 is about 12 people infront of me.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:27am
I just got yelled at for standing in front of a door that I wasn't standing in front of. awesome.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Nov 26,2006 8:28am
I been to like 20 places. It's no fun not getting a Wii. Plus I'm in the process of moving so I don't have to time to really look for one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:38am
I guess you don't get one unless you wait in line. I can't wait for perastroyka!

the just announced they have 51 of them and the ad says they would have 12. the are handing out tickets in an hour.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:39am
the 51st person got here at 6:30 am.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:55am
cause of people having their "spots held" there are now like 150 people in front of me. this better be some damn good bread.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 8:59am
I hope they hand out honorable mentions.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 9:05am
ahahhahaha a 5ft tall security person just raced over, pulled into on coming traffic and jumped out acting like a CHiPs officer to yell at me for standing in front of that door again. needless to say, I didn't move cause I'm not standing infront of the door.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 9:17am
the gf's of all the games here definitly compensate for their bf's videogame addictions by eating. it's like a line of butterballs. all the dudes are built like tanks. tanks of lard that is.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 26,2006 9:24am
yeah, I lost, but was only like 15-20 people to the losing side.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 28,2006 9:47am

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 28,2006 9:52am
great..now i don't want one..

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Nov 28,2006 9:53am
though aaron...maybe if you actually woke up without a wake up call you could have gotten one...not to sound ungrateful, but christ...you gotta figure, wake up after the store is open...and thinking you'll get one...or waking up before the store opens and then taking your time, grabbign a coffee, etc....!= getting one

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 9:45am
I would have had to wake up a lot earlier and getting coffee did nothing.

Carina left basically when I went to bed to wait in line. I'm hoping she got one and it's not cold outside at all...

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 3,2006 9:49am
The Wii is pretty cool, but I don't know if I'd stand in the cold for one. Especially when there's really only one great game to play.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 9:53am
OMG, it's freezing outside! I hope carina is ok...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 9:57am
I just got an email from carina. she left BEFORE 6 IN THE MORNING for circuit city (in portsmouth, nh) and I just checked my email... she was #8 in line and is coming home with a Wii shortly.
I'm going to get this place hot for her. she must be freezing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 10:40am
carina's back. it's a lot smaller than even I thought it was going to be. it's as tall as the games and that's when it's on the stand. the best thing is that there is PLENTY of room in that shelf for my PS3 (when I get it) and I hope my turbo graphx 16, a laptop, and a dreamcast (even though I still have eyet to buy one). as for an xbox? forget it!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 10:54am
just setting up a Mii and watching carina play it is worth it.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Dec 3,2006 11:18am
i was there at 5:55 (store is 5 minutes away) as aaron said i was 8th in line. people were cool and this guy got us hot chocolate and munchins and then this doctor made his wife come and she brought us more DND coffee, hot choc and donuts. the manager got there at 7:45 and gave the first 19 people a voucher. we were free to leave and told to be back before noon. so i waited for under 2 hours. my friend was getting one too and we walked to dnd and stayed there till 9 and went to toys r us, got a wimote, walked back to cc as they opened and i got the wii and a nunchuck. so aaron and i can play together. i have a third wiimote and nunchuk and component cables arriving next week. i also ordered the wii and it's arriving tomorrow but i wanted it today. hah! selling tomorrow's to a friend for 250.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 11:18am
ok, I already fell over onto the couch and got tired while playing boxing. carina's sleepy.. so... looks like i'll be playing zelda soon!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Dec 3,2006 11:31am edited Dec 3,2006 11:33am
The Miis are the best part so far.

Zeldas the money.

I've got my consoles divided up on two TVs. PS2/Gamecube/XBOX/360 upstairs with the big TV, and then the 'retro' lair in the basement with the D&D table, with all my old consoles and games. The PS2 and Gamecube will be headed down shortly.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 12:38pm
yeah, zelda's cool. carina's already asleep and she only played like one game of bowling. I'm trying to learn how to fish right now.

toggletoggle post by OCR at Dec 3,2006 1:30pm
some typical fat kid gamer will not be able to do that for 2 minutes

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 1:35pm
ahaha! I'm hoping this makes kids less fat... save the children, buy them a Wii!

DHTH, how do I get my Miis to go talk and hangout with your Miis?

toggletoggle post by xanonymousxx at Dec 3,2006 5:05pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iBaKsh5z_o wiimote is actually a blue tooth device

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 3,2006 5:20pm
and the action bar is actually just a bunch of LEDs. I'm hoping for them to make that $8 wireless kit.

I'm wondering how long the 2xAA's will last. that remote does soooo much.

toggletoggle post by Boine at Dec 3,2006 8:23pm
To get Miis to interact you gotta trade console numbers then you can send Miis and messages

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 5,2006 3:03pm
why aren't I Wii'ing now? oh yeah, work.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Dec 5,2006 3:16pm
I'll probably end up with a Wii after christmas. my sis got one the day they came out (she was smart and pre-ordered).

I'd like to get my wife more into playing videogames. she'll play for like 30 mins and then be bored with it. (I can't complain, at least she gives it a shot)

toggletoggle post by boine at Dec 6,2006 12:37am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6paa4s8le10 dont even need a sensor bar in place for the controller to work can use candles

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][7:19:18am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02586 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]