New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Terrible Albums You Got Talked Into Buying - And the stupid things people said to make you do it by xmikex on Sep 15,2006 1:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 1:40pm
Terrible purchases from back in the day when you didn't have Myspace songs to sample. If you wanted to hear a band sometimes you just had to buy the cd and hope for the best.

-Lungbrush "Old School New School"
This band was described to me as "Suffocation Mixed with Buried Alive but BETTER". I was like 15, and it still stands as one of the worst purchases I've ever made. I couldn't even sell it on ebay for $1.

-Honkeyball "One Time"
"The sickest hardcore band in Massachusetts" What the fuck. Another unsellable waste of space sitting in my parents attic. Totally unlistenable.

-Skinlab....whatever that shitty album was called
"Sounds like Sepultura and Slayer playing at the same time" I should have seen that one coming.

-Six Feet Under - Anything I ever bought
"Dude it sounds just like old cannibal corpse"

-Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide

-Earth Crisis - Slither
There's no excuse for me ever owning this album. I bought it, listened to one track, and never touched it again until I put it in an envelope and shipped it.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 15,2006 1:55pm
I have a skinlab cd, I like it

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 15,2006 2:40pm
xmikex said:
-Six Feet Under - Anything I ever bought

HAHAHAHA!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 15,2006 2:49pm
i never liked skinlab. they always sounded like bad machinehead, and machinehead sounded like bad machinehead.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 15,2006 2:51pm
xmikex said:

I am in agreeance with this one exception. It might not sound like old Cannibal Corpse, but it's pretty fucking awesome anyway.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 15,2006 2:54pm
i like gallery of suicide better than any other album with corpsegrinder on it. i haven't heard the last 2 albums.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 15,2006 3:03pm
I do not like Gallery of Suicide more than Bloodthirst or Gore Obsessed, I actually think Bloodthirst is the best CC record hands down. Gallery is better than Vile though and anything with Chris Barnes. Oh noes, controversial opinions!

toggletoggle post by blue  at Sep 15,2006 3:15pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
I do not like Gallery of Suicide more than Bloodthirst or Gore Obsessed, I actually think Bloodthirst is the best CC record hands down.

i highly agree. bloodthirst definetly stands tall above the rest of the catalogue.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 15,2006 3:17pm
I can't remember buying any albums based on what others told me personally, but some of the crappy albums I've bought were based on magazine ads, or the stickers on the front of the CD saying how brutal it is or whatever - of course an ad isn't going to try and sell its product with "worst album they've done yet - check it out!"
I've since learned to be wary of ads....

One album that comes to mind for me is Marduk's "Panzer Division Marduk" album - I read in Metal Maniacs magazine that it was so evil and only a drum machine could blast this fast, and it was so brutal, etc... and when I bought it, I thought it sucked; I found it very boring and, being familiar with Mortician, realized a drum machine could go faster than Marduk's drummer.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:19pm
Gallery of Suicide is fucking awesome. Bloodthirst is definitely the best Fischer album, its so fucking tightly woven. oh come on, Skinlab has genius lyrics "you've got to know your enemies, before you make them your friends".....

i have similar cds that i have been duped into buying, but this is the one i remember the most

The Red Chord - Fused Together in Revolving Doors
"some of the heaviest breakdowns ever recorded on magnetic tape"

that is one of the worst things my poor ears have ever been tricked into listening too.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:20pm
i was kidding about Skinlab too.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Sep 15,2006 3:20pm
xmikex said:
Terrible purchases

-Honkeyball "One Time"
"The sickest hardcore band in Massachusetts" What the fuck. Another unsellable waste of space sitting in my parents attic. Totally unlistenable.

you're crazy i love that record and the next one they put out even more.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:20pm
Ryan_M said:
I can't remember buying any albums based on what others told me personally, but some of the crappy albums I've bought were based on magazine ads, or the stickers on the front of the CD saying how brutal it is or whatever - of course an ad isn't going to try and sell its product with "worst album they've done yet - check it out!"
I've since learned to be wary of ads....

One album that comes to mind for me is Marduk's "Panzer Division Marduk" album - I read in Metal Maniacs magazine that it was so evil and only a drum machine could blast this fast, and it was so brutal, etc... and when I bought it, I thought it sucked; I found it very boring and, being familiar with Mortician, realized a drum machine could go faster than Marduk's drummer.

agreed. that album is a wall of incomprehensible noise.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 3:22pm
I think magazines lead people to make some really horrendous purchases especially when it comes to metal. There's no way I would have EVER bought Dimmu Borgir "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" by my own volition had it not been for Terrorizer naming it one of the top 10 essential black metal albums. That album used to jock the absolute dumbest bands. I finally stopped reading it when I realized how dangerously close I was to buying a Stuck Mojo album.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Sep 15,2006 3:26pm
Ouch!! Stuck Mojo rules live.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:27pm
i dont care what anyone says, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is sheer brilliance. a favorite listen of mine. yes yes, commence the throwing of stones.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 3:28pm
Panzer Division Marduk got incredible reviews in magazines when it first came out. By that point I knew enough to figure that meant it was bad.

I stand by Fused Together In Revolving Doors. I'm hardly the red chord fan I used to be, but I think that was a great album. It was what all the metalcore of that time had been leading up to, and it was produced incredibly.

just thinking about honkeyball puts my dick to sleep.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 3:28pm
Yeti said:
yes yes, commence the throwing of stones.

there isn't one big enough to cover up that album

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:29pm
Stuck Mojo hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 15,2006 3:30pm
I remember the Lungbrush album, my friend Doug bought it when we were just starting to get into heavier/extreme music - fucking terrible now that I look back on it!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:31pm
i more or less dont listen to what anyone says about anything, i just sample things. i did however listen to 2 reviews by CNV, Craft - Fuck the Universe and the new Gorgoroth, and both were awesome purchases.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 15,2006 3:34pm
enthroned darkness triumphant is amazing

one of the worst albums i was duped into buying was bleeding through - "dust to ashes"

i liked some of the stuff on "this is love, this is murderous" and heard from a couple people that their older stuff was way more br00tal...and that was not the case at all, it was just terrible

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 3:35pm
haha oh yeah, Bill from The Departed when he was in Sac talked me into buying "This is Love, This is Murderous" long before i knew who they were. if you listen to the first track, you can hear potential, but then it just goes right out the window.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Sep 15,2006 4:30pm
Nile- Black seeds of vengence. In 2000 I think every magazine picked it as album of the year. I think Nile is the most boring Death Metal band on the planet. I literally fell asleep at the Palladium once because of them.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Sep 15,2006 4:44pm
xmikex said:

just thinking about honkeyball puts my dick to sleep.

if thats true you might wanna look into whether or not you had one to begin with

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at Sep 15,2006 5:01pm
I am still hurting over earth crisis - sliver. Man, I tried to listen to it like 10 times hoping it would grow on me. I'll still ALWAYS love old earth crisis though!

a friend was telling me how good boy sets fire sucker punch training was. I went out and grabbed it to see. Boy was that terrible! It was so bad I didn't even try to sell it, I just threw it away.

P.S. I am another fan of Enthroned darkness triumphant. I listen to a lot of classical music so that album was great to me.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 15,2006 5:09pm
this thread reminds me of the time i saw skinlab and earth crisis at the same show and they were both terrible.

toggletoggle post by nick nli at Sep 15,2006 5:42pm
killwhitneydead, what a piece of shit that band is.
i listened to what i could stand once over then threw it out my car window.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 15,2006 5:45pm
Yeti said:
oh come on, Skinlab has genius lyrics "you've got to know your enemies, before you make them your friends".....

Speaking of genious lyrics....... BELPHEGOR, I do not like this band I was duped into buying the Lucifer incestus album by the artwork, which i thought just looked amazing at the time.the music isnt anything special at all,sounds like they wanna be Dark funeral, but the lyrics are sooooo god damn awefull, its hard to imagine these guys are adults and have been into metal for soo long . "Fuck the blood of Christ" sounds like hardcore teenage angst to me. Among many other rediculous ideas that probably still woulda been lame 10 years ago. The vocals also suck on this cd

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Sep 15,2006 5:46pm
I bought the silent circus from between the buried and me a few years ago because it was described as "The most disturbing, intriguing, beautiful, riveting, punishing, indescribable album of 2003".

I felt like microwaving it when I heard "My tear drops have soft stained this pillow"

toggletoggle post by Dr. White Trash at Sep 15,2006 5:55pm
Kevord said:
Nile- Black seeds of vengence. In 2000 I think every magazine picked it as album of the year. I think Nile is the most boring Death Metal band on the planet. I literally fell asleep at the Palladium once because of them.

EXACTLY! there's nothing memorable on that cd. just filler.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 15,2006 5:59pm
Dr. White Trash said:
Kevord said:

EXACTLY! there's nothing memorable on that cd. just filler.

They made their point about egyptian death metal, now they should make their way out.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Sep 15,2006 5:59pm
Hahahahahahahaha I like the idea of making this thread, although right now I don't have any time to read any of it, but I have one completely glaring response. One time a coworker of mine fucking talked me into buying City Of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. I had probably heard about a minute and a half of bat country, so I didn't have enough to go off of to deny him what he was saying, but he told me the drums and guitars were awesome and definitely worth getting the album. Well, that was a mistake.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Sep 15,2006 6:01pm
FSOL-Dead Cities
The fucking worst album I've ever heard. A friend of mine tried to convince me like "Oh yeah, you like Kraftwerk, these guys are even better than Kraftwerk" So I bought it, WRONG

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 6:03pm
whiskey_weed_and_women said:
xmikex said:
Terrible purchases

-Honkeyball "One Time"

you're crazy i love that record and the next one they put out even more.

*insert stupid bruce lee sounds*

toggletoggle post by allahthat at Sep 15,2006 6:04pm
Earth crisis on ebay=$.01.shipping=about $2.99 min. wtf?

toggletoggle post by CNV at Sep 15,2006 6:04pm
I gotta say Honkey ball fucking blew

other shit that sucked- Stompbox
Sam Wack Church
XXL
Brawlpark
Ten Yard Fight
and Tree (man, do they fucking suck!!!)

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Sep 15,2006 6:05pm
nickyhelliot said:
I bought the silent circus from between the buried and me a few years ago because it was described as "The most disturbing, intriguing, beautiful, riveting, punishing, indescribable album of 2003".

I felt like microwaving it when I heard "My tear drops have soft stained this pillow"

haha, i realized i hated it when i heard the lyrics "...the lovely love of the love of my life." seriously...what? i can't even begin to make fun of how terrible that is, whether they were serious or joking around.

back when i used to buy a shitload of stuff from deepsend records, i listened to graham landers one too many times. he told me to buy a narcissus cd, since every other album he ever told me to buy was awesome. and this one was far from it. it's emo/screamo/indie garbage with some heavy parts.

also, then 2nd it dies today cd, the caitiff choir i bought because forever scorned was good. what the fuck happened to them? it sounded just as bad, if not worse, than the aforementioned narcissus cd.

i also fell victim to earth crisis-slither. they're my favorite hardcore band, but there's a part of me that hates them for writing and recording such a terrible album. i think they even realized how bad it was when they decided to call it quits.

i'm sure there are a hundred more cd's i couldd talk about, but none come to mind right now.

toggletoggle post by allahthat at Sep 15,2006 6:11pm
I think i saw stompbox once?

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Sep 15,2006 6:11pm
Sam Black Church did not suck. They were one of the greatest live bands in Massachusetts history.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Sep 15,2006 6:23pm
CNV said:
I gotta say Honkey ball fucking blew

other shit that sucked- Stompbox
Sam Wack Church
and Tree (man, do they fucking suck!!!)

sorry but again i loved all the Honkeyball records and everything up till That Which Does Not Kill Us by SBC records

Stompbox had their moments too.

ill also add that plant a tree or die has a special place in my heart ha

toggletoggle post by CNV at Sep 15,2006 6:31pm
now that this thread has me thinking

40 days rain fucking suck ass
pie bald is shite
converge laps a african bam badda
In My Eyes, one of the worst ever

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Sep 15,2006 6:44pm edited Sep 15,2006 6:45pm
Torture Killer - Swarm............ Worst piece of fucking shit EVER

"If you like Barnes -era Corpse, You will love this".. hahah yeah right

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Sep 15,2006 6:52pm
dwellingsickness said:
Torture Killer - Swarm............ Worst piece of fucking shit EVER

"If you like Barnes -era Corpse, You will love this".. hahah yeah right

I got suckered into buying Torturekiller too. I still think the cover art is awesome. I bet Vomit the soul loves this album.

toggletoggle post by allahthat at Sep 15,2006 6:58pm
Lou Reed. "Metal machine music". One reviewer described it as what it would sound like to be inside a blade of grass while it was growing.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 15,2006 10:24pm
easily the most disappointing album I've ever bought was a Jungle Rot record...can't remember the name.

toggletoggle post by nickyhelliot  at Sep 16,2006 12:36am edited Sep 16,2006 12:36am
That's because anything from jungle rot is terrible.

I just bought "Karma.bloody.karma" by cattle decapitation and "Method of Execution" by Devine Empire, and they both are kicking ass.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 16,2006 10:33am
nick nli said:
killwhitneydead, what a piece of shit that band is.

Yeah I hear you on that one. They have more dumb ass movie/TV quote samples than actual music, which isn't that great anyway.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Sep 16,2006 11:03am
vulgar display of power

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Sep 16,2006 6:16pm
Lungbrush fucking sucked. I also fell for that con.
Skinlab were nice guys to drink with, but looking back, eh.
SFU bore me to death.
Slither kicked in the balls years of year albums by Earth Crisis. I thought Breed The Killers was not bad, but would stand as their weakest album. How wrong was I?
Tree, Sam Black Church, Honkeyball, almost all the Wonderdrug bands bored me and I never really got what the hell was the big deal.
Forty Days Rain was the balls though.
As for local bands, I think I still have buried in my piles of CDs Eastcide, 7th Rail Crew, Brawlpark, Drained.
Anyone remember a band called Five Year Sentence?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 16,2006 6:24pm
anything from a any band with more than 3 words for a name.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Sep 16,2006 6:27pm
Dankill said:
As for local bands, I think I still have buried in my piles of CDs

POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABOMB

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Sep 16,2006 6:43pm
I have that tape somewhere.
I demand the video with youplaying bass for them! IT IS REAL!

CAAAAAAAAANNNNN YOUUUUUUUUU FEEELLLL ITTTTTTT?!

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Sep 16,2006 6:55pm
never, you got a better chance at seeing Gutted

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Sep 16,2006 6:58pm
Metallica St. Anger - it's pretty cool, Lars does double bass again

...I know, I know, I'm sorry...it'll never happen again. If it makes you all feel better I threw the CD out of my car window

toggletoggle post by al that nli at Sep 16,2006 7:06pm
i only got a buck 4 it

toggletoggle post by i_am_not at Sep 17,2006 1:43am
Kevord said:

With Napalm Death 2002? If that one, I fell asleep at that show too. Granted, it was during Napalm Death...and I was really fucking sick.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 17,2006 2:36am
40 days rain will always rule

but Brawlpark and Scissorfight will go down in history as some of the worst music of all time

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 17,2006 3:26am
the lion king soundtrack. don't ask.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 17,2006 10:39am
Hunchback of Notre Dame is the only modern Disney movie that doesn't reach ubergay status with its music, in fact, the music is quite good; lots of really dark and minory stuff.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 17,2006 10:39am
Despite the title of this thread, I wasn't being sarcastic there.

toggletoggle post by sever nli at Sep 17,2006 11:15am
lamb of god - anything before sacrament
"better than as i lay dying"

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 17,2006 11:29am
ShadowSD said:
Hunchback of Notre Dame is the only modern Disney movie that doesn't reach ubergay status with its music, in fact, the music is quite good; lots of really dark and minory stuff.

i'm a big fan of the little mermaid soundtrack. nothing beats that jamaican crab singing under the sea. best song ever.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Sep 17,2006 11:32am
my friend got suckered into that "red" Poison the Well album. "omg dude... iheard the new PTW is wicked heavy... like 4 people told me it was... lets go get it"... oh man... the look on his face after the first 5 songs was priceless "umm... does this get heavy at all?" hahaha

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Sep 17,2006 2:11pm
>>
With Napalm Death 2002? If that one, I fell asleep at that show too. Granted, it was during Napalm Death...and I was really fucking sick.>>

No July 2001 with Cradle of Filth. The fact that I got shitfaced during God Forbid and Killswitch Engage probably didn't help but Nile was so fucking boring.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 18,2006 10:40am
Nile really pulled their shit together for Annihilation of the Wicked. there hadnt been anything noteworthy after Catacombs.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Sep 18,2006 11:58am
Korn - issues
Someone told me it was more heavy metal than linkin park. well obviously not. NO band is heavier than linkin park.

toggletoggle post by jake nli at Sep 18,2006 12:09pm
i was told 2 years ago that brawlpark, was infact, the begining of the south shore/boston hardcore scene. yup.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 18,2006 1:43pm
Yeti said:
Nile really pulled their shit together for Annihilation of the Wicked. there hadnt been anything noteworthy after Catacombs.

I prefer Black Seeds of Vengeance to any of the other ones. Annihilation of the Wicked didnt really grab me that much, although it is a cool record.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 18,2006 3:22pm
really? i thought Black Seeds was an incomprehensible mess. Catacombs is my favorite, but i thought Annihilation was superb. it was so tightly woven with crushing, even groovy riffs.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 18,2006 3:22pm
In Their Darkened Shrines wasnt too good either, it did have some memorable songs, but it had alot of boring filler.

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Sep 18,2006 3:35pm
Gorod. Someone said they were technical.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 18,2006 4:13pm
[Sep 18,2006 3:35pm - MadOakDevin]
Gorod. Someone said they were technical.

They are. Learn how to play some stuff off Leading Vision on guitar or bass and then talk.

[Sep 18,2006 3:22pm - Yeti]
really? i thought Black Seeds was an incomprehensible mess. Catacombs is my favorite, but i
thought Annihilation was superb. it was so tightly woven with crushing, even groovy riffs.
[Sep 18,2006 3:22pm - Yeti]
In Their Darkened Shrines wasnt too good either, it did have some memorable songs, but it had alot
of boring filler.

Black Seeds just had really good songs in my opinion. In Their Darkened Shrines definitely had a lot of boring filler. That CD could have been 20 munutes shorter and just as good.

I know AOTW is technically a better piece of music than Black Seeds of Vengeance, I just think the latter is more interesting.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Sep 18,2006 4:20pm
The 1st DEVOURMENT CD, when a friend said,"Dude, This is the most brutal CD you will ever hear". Fuckin A, I hate those guys.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Eviscerated Golgothan Sensation
[default homepage] [print][6:48:25am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02767 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]