New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The_Network signs with Black Market Activities by brian_dc on Sep 15,2006 11:52am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 15,2006 11:52am
I don't know if this is a repost or anything fun like that. But from lambgoat.com:

Official press release:

We are pleased to announce the addition of New Hampshire's The Network to the Black Market Activities roster. The group recorded their debut full-length, "This is Your Pig's Portrait" earlier this year with producer Jonny Fay of The Red Chord. The band also features Nate Johnson of Deadwater Drowning and Premonitions of War, who was actually in Deadwater with Fay back in the very begin of Black Market Activities. The disc also features guest vocal appearances by Backstabbers Incorporated's Ryan McKinney, Cannae's Adam DuLong and The Red Chord's Guy Kozowyk. Art duties for the album are being handled by Bob Peele (Suicide Note, The Dream is Dead) and the disc is tentatively scheduled to hit stores in January 2007.

The Network's style is brutal, spastic and chaotic, but not necessarily in the sense of most of the spazzy, screaming, grindcore bands coming out as of late. Although their sound and style is unmistakably their own, they take heavy influence from the roots of the chaotic movement-- vintage, chaotic hardcore, if you will. You can hear more than a little of the impact of bands like Deadguy, Coalesce, Turmoil, Refused and Bloodlet directly in the group's sound.

You can decide for yourself here.http://www.myspace.com/thenetworkmetal
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

The Network

toggletoggle post by Clinically Dead at Sep 15,2006 12:53pm
Yeah, grindcore......

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 15,2006 1:11pm
nice...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 1:20pm
i like the network... or at least from what I remember.....which brings me to my point........ when was the last time this band has done anything? i haven't heard about them in forever and now they're on a label? cool i guess.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 15,2006 3:15pm
a couple of the dudes from this band have posted here at times (natethewar, stainless, boobtoucher, etc..). some times a lot. recently a little. this band would go and wold have already gone really far if they would leave their house and tour. so xmikex is right.
they just sit at home, drink and pratice.. but never get on the road and hoof it. the few times that they have gone on the road, I've heard great stories from. they need to get off their asses and get out there.

I know that pete started to post here about a tour with gaza. it's great news. I think the last tour they did was with psyopus 2 years ago or whatever.

the new CD is suppose to be the first thing that really captures the esense of the band's live performance. I've listened to all their demos and 7"s and they allways seem to influence what they are recording with what they are listening to at the time and not what they actually sound like when they play. the closest thus far to their live sound is the old 7" IMHO. on the other releases (recorded at exit 23) they had some tracks that sounded more like lamb of god, then some that sounded like nasum, but never quite captured the band. the new CD is rated top notch by all the people that I know who have heard it. all the guys sing, there are people cameos, and one song's got a sing along. To be honest, Guy told me over 2 years ago that he would sign them if they would get out there and work more. I've told them this too, but I'm sure guy heard the new CD and thought "either I sign them now or I lose them to ___." Now, he just has to push them out on the road constantly (like all other BMA bands).

I've talked to the guys and I typically get that they are ready to get out there on the road. I know previously, they couldn't tour cause of the old bassist. once they replaced him, it was writing/recording mode. Right now, this is real. hopefully they take it and run with it cause they can go far

toggletoggle post by blue  at Sep 15,2006 3:17pm
the new cd sounds great, awesome that theyve finally gotten where theyve wanted.

toggletoggle post by NippleViolater   at Sep 15,2006 4:44pm
We have had a checkered past and one wouldn't be wrong to say we were lazy. There are many reasons why something like this didn't happen sooner. However, we're happy as hell that things have worked out this way. If we would've done a full-length earlier, we definitely wouln't have been anywhere near as satisfied with the outcome as we currently are. Dwelling on the past is a fool's practice and we're looking ahead. We're poised to tour as much as possible and can't wait to see more of the world, start meeting new people, and bring NH to the masses.

the_network. xoxoxoxo

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 15,2006 4:50pm
awsome kevin, about time.

toggletoggle post by NippleViolater   at Sep 16,2006 12:23am
Thanx Rev. Whether you're aware of it or not, you've been a big driving force behind the_network. From your consistent, honest comments about us since day one (good and bad), the amount of times you've come out to see us, and just the fact that you're so dedicated to this scene and the music that comes out of it, your positivity's really helped us during some rough times.

Also, I'll be emailing you about some more photo stuff. You fucking rock like no other.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 16,2006 12:42am
*blushes*

there are 2 pictures I took in the new CD, right?

toggletoggle post by NippleViolater   at Sep 16,2006 3:50am
hell yea

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 16,2006 5:43pm
good luck dudes!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Stoney Electric Baptism
[default homepage] [print][1:11:31pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01315 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]