New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> CANNIBAL CORPSE vs. Dethklok: The Metalocalypse Showdown by the_reverend on Sep 14,2006 1:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 14,2006 1:48pm
Maybe Dethklok is the new buzz in metalland, but in spite of the hype, the guest appearances and the pr, they are no Cannibal Corpse.

"September 5, 2006 - In response to our passionate readers' pleas, we here at IGN TV are trying to give a voice to the unappreciated metal band known as Dethklok. We have seen your emails and we understand your love for death metal... and let me say that I understand where you are coming from. So in an act to give the most violent band alive the justice it deserves, we have created the 'Metalocalypse Showdown'! This daily contest will pit the most ruthless hard metal gods against each other in an attempt to see how Dethklok stacks up against the best heavy metal bands of all time." Check out the showdown at Metalocalypse Showdown, Metalocalypse Website

http://www.cannibalcorpse.net
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Cannibal Corpse

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Sep 14,2006 2:32pm
I love Dethklok but this is pretty stupid.

toggletoggle post by CaptainCleanoff at Sep 14,2006 2:39pm
If I had a vagina I would be scratching it right about now.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 14,2006 2:41pm
before you know it dethklok will be playing at the new england metal fest.
they will go on tour like the gorrillas. and be projected on the stage as holigrams

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 15,2006 10:24am
That show is not fucking funny.

toggletoggle post by litacore nli at Sep 15,2006 10:38am
it's just a cartoon!
chill out people

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 10:39am
DETHKLOK ARE SELLOUTS!!!!

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Sep 15,2006 12:16pm
Occasionally good for a chuckle but mediocre at best, a far better idea on paper than what actually made it on the air.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Sep 15,2006 12:17pm
pfft Metalocalypse is great, fuck the haters. This IGN showdown thing is retarded.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 15,2006 12:51pm
It's not always that funny, at least not opposed to other Adult Swim shows, but a few of the episodes are certainly funnier than others.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 12:56pm
i dont think its supposed to be non stop hilarity, i like it because its clever.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 15,2006 12:57pm
I have never really taken it for clever. Not by a longshot.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 15,2006 1:17pm
DeOdiumMortis said:
Occasionally good for a chuckle but mediocre at best, a far better idea on paper than what actually made it on the air.

agreed. This show looked great as a concept, but I think it's really just abusing it's premise. There's 2 ways to look at this show:

1. They know they've hooked the demographic of metal kids, poser metal kids, and kids who think it's ironic to like metal bands. All together it seems like a pretty flimsy show: weak characters, cheap jokes, and a LOT of wasted time. But because of it's premise and it's doing just enough to keep people from changing the channel it will be profitable for a while.

2. It's a show with a good concept, and worthwhile plot premises but it's still working out the bugs.

You be the judge.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 15,2006 1:30pm
if they can keep the topics fresh and interesting it will get better. but i can see them running out of ideas fast and it becoming stale. kind of like Aqua Teen.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 15,2006 1:45pm
this showdown thing is retarded.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 15,2006 2:04pm
xmikex said:
DeOdiumMortis said:

agreed. This show looked great as a concept, but I think it's really just abusing it's premise. There's 2 ways to look at this show:

1. They know they've hooked the demographic of metal kids, poser metal kids, and kids who think it's ironic to like metal bands. All together it seems like a pretty flimsy show: weak characters, cheap jokes, and a LOT of wasted time. But because of it's premise and it's doing just enough to keep people from changing the channel it will be profitable for a while.

2. It's a show with a good concept, and worthwhile plot premises but it's still working out the bugs.

You be the judge.

#1 baby.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 15,2006 2:12pm
xmikex said:
DeOdiumMortis said:

You be the judge.

i want to say #2, but i'm not sure this show will ever reach its potential. i like watching it, but not nearly as much as other cartoons. adult swim has had much funnier shows than this.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Sep 15,2006 2:30pm
I'll go with #1 only because people actually like this show. There has to be a reason that people don't change the channel. I know it's not the jokes, because jokes are supposed to be funny.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Sep 15,2006 6:37pm
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
I'll go with #1 only because people actually like this show. There has to be a reason that people don't change the channel. I know it's not the jokes, because jokes are supposed to be funny.

People liked American Dad didn't they?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hemorrhaging Puric Hammerfist
[default homepage] [print][5:50:24pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.02370 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]