New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> UNEARTH Sign With METAL BLADE by baneofexistence on Oct 22,2003 9:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 22,2003 9:57pm
Massachusetts' UNEARTH have inked a deal with Metal Blade Records, the label announced today.

"We are extremely excited and honored to be able to work with UNEARTH," Metal Blade Owner/CEO Brian Slagel said in a statement. "They are one of the leading bands of the new generation and we can't wait to get started helping them achieve success."

"The guys couldn't be happier about signing to Metal Blade," the band said. "The entire staff at MB, especially President Mike Faley and Owner Brian Slagel, have made it clear to us that we will get a major push and never be asked to compromise our artistic freedom. Signing this deal will allow us to continue with our vision of bringing real music back to the forefront while sticking with a grass roots label that has done nothing but stand behind heavy music for over 20 years.

"We also want to welcome a new member into the fold. Mike Justain, of THE RED CHORD fame, will take on drumming duties for us shortly after the 'Headbanger's Ball' tour. With our original drummer, Mike Rudberg, leaving months ago for personal reasons, Justain seems to be the perfect fit for our style and personality. No worries though, Justain will remain with THE RED CHORD. We are huge fans of the band and would hate to see them disband.

"We want to thank Eulogy Recordings for being a great home for us for the past three years. We will always work with Eulogy with our past releases and at least one more future project.

"As for now, thanks to the fans and everyone who has supported us. Our next full length will be out on Metal Blade sometime next spring. It will be by far the heaviest and best thing we have ever done."

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 22,2003 9:58pm
i wonder if this means mikes not with csdo anymore?

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 22,2003 10:05pm
unearth is so gay, it makes me mad

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 22,2003 10:35pm
holy shit!
that's fucked.

mike is also drummer for backstabbers inc.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 22,2003 11:00pm
That guy's no one trick pony...

siiiigghhh...the network apparently needs more chuggas

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 22,2003 11:03pm
boobtoucher said:
That guy's no one trick pony...

siiiigghhh...the network apparently needs more chuggas

the who? you cant be called that...

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Oct 22,2003 11:03pm
Someone tell Metal Blade to sign us so they can drop us in three months before we can get an album out.

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Oct 22,2003 11:20pm
*insert technical melodic riffing here* *insert redundant stupid random open e chugging here* *insert contract with metal blade here* its just that simple folks!

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Oct 22,2003 11:40pm
haha oh yea...we'd need some hardcore name like Five Knuckles of Fury or The "something something" "something"

toggletoggle post by Devin  at Oct 23,2003 12:32am
unearth to me always seemed like a band that could be really good, but for some reason isn't. I think being on metal blade could change that.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 23,2003 1:24am
any band that blatantly rips off jester race riffage and puts it next to replicas of hatebreed breakdowns should be shit on, not signed. they are one of the few bands that actually succeeds at making me angry. other shitty bands fall short of truly bothering me.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 23,2003 2:23am
Unearth is a leading band in the new generation? what the fuck is the new generation? and why is ever band from the new generation apparently from MA

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 23,2003 7:12am edited Oct 23,2003 7:13am
i have an e mail from them turning us down

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 23,2003 7:14am
Dear Bane of Existence

Thank you for submitting your material to Metal Blade Records. Sorry it took so long to respond to you. We are a few months behind in listening to demo's. Though we found some of the material to be strong, it's not what we are looking for at the moment. However, we encourage you to send us any future projects, and we thank you for considering Metal Blade.

Good luck in your future musical endeavors.

Sincerely,
Metal Blade Records A&R

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 23,2003 8:03am
metal blade loves signing gay bands from massachusetts

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Oct 23,2003 10:34am
Terence said:
Unearth is a leading band in the new generation? what the fuck is the new generation? and why is ever band from the new generation apparently from MA

ASCENDANCY SLAYS UNEARTH HANDS DOWN

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 23,2003 10:52am
i could never get into the vocals or drumming. but simon and ken are pretty good guitar players.

ken recorded the invocation of nehek demo and i think it sounds damn good. maybe i'll get him to record porphyria?

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Oct 23,2003 12:22pm
unearth on metal blade hahaha. MB is possibly the worst label they dont deserve bands like BOE , or ascendency. Rock on guys some sick label will put your shit out i know it for sure

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 23,2003 12:24pm
xPaulBLAHBLAHx said:
unearth on metal blade hahaha. MB is possibly the worst label they dont deserve bands like BOE , or ascendency. Rock on guys some sick label will put your shit out i know it for sure

do you like Earache records?

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Oct 23,2003 12:29pm
lol at one time earache records was good. First napalm death discs and carcass discs were pluses. I cant think of anything else at the time but im sure there are more. Same goes with metal blade though now i think they are a bad label,but they released some awesome shit before.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 23,2003 12:30pm
i like earache, the haunted are pretty good.
i am a big fan of mortiis, december wolves are pretty good too.

toggletoggle post by baneofexistence at Oct 23,2003 12:30pm
our cd will be on flesh feast records doug is doing the lay out so hopfully early 2004 or even better thisdecember

xPaulBLAHBLAHx said:

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 23,2003 12:32pm
xPaulBLAHBLAHx said:

earache rules.

you can't say metal blade is the worst label. excellent bands on metalblade:

The Crown
Cannibal Corpse
Vehemence
Amon Amarth
God Dethroned
Immolation
Lamb Of God
King Diamond

sure they have some shitty bands, but who doesn't. I only care about the bands that are good anyways.

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Oct 23,2003 12:32pm edited Oct 23,2003 12:34pm
Excellent, good label also i might add. Ill definatly pick that up when it comes out . Yeah tom I agree, the crown, CC, and vehemance definatly murder, but they have put out so many bad discs. Its kinda like the way I look at relapse today. They put out a good disc every once and a while. I

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 23,2003 12:34pm
RustedAngel said:
xPaulBLAHBLAHx said:

earache rules.

you can't say metal blade is the worst label. excellent bands on metalblade:

The Crown
Cannibal Corpse
Vehemence
Amon Amarth
God Dethroned
Immolation
Lamb Of God
King Diamond

sure they have some shitty bands, but who doesn't. I only care about the bands that are good anyways.

whats the crown like?

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Oct 23,2003 12:34pm
The crown is sick joe, fast thrash/death. Pretty intense and talented stuff

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 23,2003 12:36pm
nice, i will have to check them out.
thanks

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 23,2003 12:36pm

like total thrash / death metal. one of my favorite bands of all time.

if you are willing to check them out I strongly suggest picking up 'DEATHRACE KING'

http://www.returntothepit.com/cdreview.php?cdid=58

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 23,2003 1:31pm
I've never liked Relapse ever since they focused more in DEP kind of stuff. Around the mid to late 90's they were awesome. Labels just try to screw over the bands anyway. A perfect example is Virulence, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. I would rather record our own full length and sell them from the back of my chevy blazer then to have the label take everything from us.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 23,2003 1:31pm
litacore said:
Terence said:

ASCENDANCY SLAYS UNEARTH HANDS DOWN

thanks Larissa!

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Oct 23,2003 2:47pm
Isn't/wasn't Vader on Metal Blade?

toggletoggle post by George   at Oct 23,2003 3:10pm
whats wrong with dep?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Oct 23,2003 3:58pm
deathrace king is a killer album. that label is really going to shit though.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Oct 24,2003 2:20am
George said:
whats wrong with dep?

I never stated anything was wrong with them. I dont like them, thats just my opinion.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Oct 24,2003 9:15am
Terence said:
George said:
whats wrong with dep?

I never stated anything was wrong with them. I dont like them, thats just my opinion.

how about you need a graphing calculator just to tap your foot them?
i find them to be rather annoying.

toggletoggle post by George   at Oct 24,2003 9:47am
dep is awesome. except for their singer, thankfully he left, and i havnt heard the new guy.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Oct 24,2003 1:12pm edited Oct 24,2003 1:14pm
OMG i had no idea Mike was playing drums for Unearth. I used to play with him in Mourn. Guess I've been living on the moon since '97. Unearth must be dear to many hearts (not mine)

toggletoggle post by xPaulBLAHBLAHx   at Oct 24,2003 4:16pm
Virulence was so sick, very big influence.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][9:52:24am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01581 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]