New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Engineer signs with Black Mark et Activities by the_reverend on Sep 8,2006 10:09pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 8,2006 10:09pm
We've always had a soft spot for Syracuse, NY-- first with the signing of Found Dead Hanging back in 2003 and then with Ed Gein. Well, we're extremely happy to welcome aboard another of Syracuse 's loudest to the BMA family: ENGINEER.

For those unfamiliar with the group, Engineer play an intelligent and extremely loud blend of sludgy-hardcore and noisy, experimental rock that call influence from the likes of Knut, Breach, Anodyne and the Amphetamine-Reptile back catalogue (i.e. Helmet, Unsane, Melvins) while still maintaining a sound that is distinct, original and very much their own. On an interesting note, three of the four members of Engineer are actually brothers. The group has previously released material with Hex Records, Blackbox Records & Four Leaf Recordings.

The band plans to enter More Sound Studios with producer Jocko Randall (From a Second Story Window, Ed Gein) this winter to record their as-of-yet untitled full length, tentatively scheduled for a spring release.

Engineer is:
Mike AuClair - Drums
Bob Gorham - Vocals
Brad Gorham - Bass / Vocals
Ryan Gorham - Guitar / Vocals

http://www.engineermusic.com
http://www.purevolume.com/engineer
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Engineer

toggletoggle post by dugnli at Sep 8,2006 11:14pm
I actually enjoyed this.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 9,2006 12:41am
this is a really good band. Glad they're going to get pushed.

toggletoggle post by Bethlehem at Sep 11,2006 1:05am
they kinda have a breather resist feel to them...

toggletoggle post by allahthat at Sep 11,2006 1:10am
dont know em.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 11,2006 9:37am
I saw Engineer a few years back, and thought it was some decent stuff. I bought what I THOUGHT was their demo but turned out to be some dumb metalcore band. It was the stupidest thing I've ever heard and haven't listened to it since.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 11,2006 10:18am
their best stuff is on their full length anyway. They used to kind of have a moshcore vibe to them, now they're more sludgy.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][4:27:56am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01301 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]