New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Why Smart People Suicide by infoterror on Sep 7,2006 6:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Sep 7,2006 6:18pm
Jon Nödtveidt is dead and the response to his suicide diagnoses why he did it. As an acquaintance of mine said, "I'm of higher than average intelligence -- two standard deviations. This society is not designed for people of higher intelligence. We see things the others don't, such as how inefficient or self-destructive the way this society works is. And since they don't see it, they crowd out our opinions and leave us with no voice. It's a lonely side of life."

For the child born with intelligence, the invisible world becomes clear: the connection between ideas and consequences both immediate and long term. This has to be trained by experience, but it emerges over time (one great lament of humanity is that it takes almost four decades for wisdom to emerge in most). Such a child will literally "see" things that do not exist but which will exist because he or she understands the connection between design (our thoughts, plans, goals) and their consequences.

The higher intelligence gives this person the ability to see multiple levels of consequence. Where a dumb person can realize that setting a blaze in a living room will burn the house down, and an average person will recognize the blaze may spread to a neighborhood, the reasonably above average person weighs the dryness of the season, the amount of loose timber in the neighborhood, prevailing winds and many other factors and can see how if the situation is right this fire could torch a large section of the surrounding city.

Isolation: Why Smart People Suicide

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 7,2006 6:49pm
if someone is depressed because they feel isolated due to their higher intelligence, i would say why not use that intelligence to find a way to enrich and enhance your life, or perhaps use that intelligence to educate others.
that's the benefit of being gifted with superior intelligence, you can use it to solve your problems and therefore lead a better life. if you go and kill yourself, your intelligence is rendered worthless; you don't even get to see a solution to the problems you had. you're basically lowering yourself to the dumb person's level taking the easy way out instead of taking control and doing something about it.

toggletoggle post by Dertoxianli at Sep 7,2006 7:27pm
i always though people of higher intelligence spent their time reposting articles from anus.com

hmm....now i know

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Sep 7,2006 7:36pm
Smart people should just drink more to dumb themselves down to our moron level.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 7,2006 8:04pm
That's why I smoke pot.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD  at Sep 7,2006 8:05pm
Very good post by infoterror by the way, this is absolutely true and something I've given a lot of thought to.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 7,2006 9:21pm edited Sep 7,2006 9:21pm
There is a difference between being smart and being under the pretense that one is some sort of elite human being. Also, intelligence + Reinkaos = oxymoron.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 8,2006 1:23am
Kevord said:
Smart people should just drink more to dumb themselves down to our moron level.

that's what i do

toggletoggle post by Troll at Sep 8,2006 5:07am
I dumb me still wants to die

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 8,2006 8:29am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
There is a difference between being smart and being under the pretense that one is some sort of elite human being. Also, intelligence + Reinkaos = oxymoron.

Reinkaos is a great album. I really don't understand why people hate it so much.

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 8,2006 8:48am
hmm this is weird, noone picked up on the fact the damned thread should be "Why smart people COMMIT suicide". Go figure right?

toggletoggle post by babyshaker not logged in at Sep 8,2006 9:59am
nate nli said:
hmm this is weird, noone picked up on the fact the damned thread should be "Why smart people COMMIT suicide". Go figure right?

damn you beat me to it

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 8,2006 12:54pm
"suicide" is a verb as well as a noun, although less commonly used as such. the thread title is correct. take that smart guy.

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Sep 8,2006 1:34pm
Ryan_M said:
if someone is depressed because they feel isolated due to their higher intelligence, i would say why not use that intelligence to find a way to enrich and enhance your life, or perhaps use that intelligence to educate others.

You can't educate someone out of being stupid!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Sep 8,2006 1:45pm
so they don't have to read infoterror posts?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 8,2006 3:19pm
diamond_dave said:
"suicide" is a verb as well as a noun, although less commonly used as such. the thread title is correct. take that smart guy.

ah but the act of suicide is one you would have to commit. if one were to "suicide" it would have be in reference to something known as a "suicide". say suicide meant the act of taking a bong hit and then chug a beer and take a shot before exhaling the bong hit. then the thread title would make sense. if it were called a Suicide, it still wouldnt work, but if the act of doing so were called suicide, it would work. when one kills oneself, they are not "suiciding", but if they were to hit the bong and do the latter steps, they would be suiciding.

toggletoggle post by Troll at Sep 9,2006 6:04am
Im ejumacated

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 9,2006 10:40am
Yeti said:
diamond_dave said:

ah but the act of suicide is one you would have to commit. if one were to "suicide" it would have be in reference to something known as a "suicide"...when one kills oneself, they are not "suiciding",

let's go to m-w.com (Merriam-Webster Online). the third entry for the word suicide:

"Main Entry: 3suicide
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): sui·cid·ed; sui·cid·ing
intransitive verb : to commit suicide
transitive verb : to put (oneself) to death"

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Sep 9,2006 12:57pm
If they were so smart they'd come to the same realization as the Myth of Sisyphus. But they don't. Therefore they're not that smart where it counts, IN LIFE.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 11,2006 3:20pm
i stand corrected

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][11:27:04am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01616 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]