New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Gorod vs. Necrophagist: The War. by powerkok on Aug 16,2006 3:48pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Gorod vs. Necrophagist: The War. - usless poll
1Gorod
2Necrophagist
no vote

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Aug 16,2006 3:48pm
Inspired by all these recent polls.
Winner wins the war of Arpeggio.

toggletoggle post by sever at Aug 16,2006 3:49pm
gorod > necrophagist, no doubt about it.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Aug 16,2006 3:49pm
im holding my vote until i hear Leading Vision in its entirety.

toggletoggle post by sever at Aug 16,2006 4:14pm
gorod's new stuff is ass-kickingly good.

toggletoggle post by metalguy at Aug 16,2006 4:31pm
I can't believe this.. I was expecting to hear something insanely great by going to Gorod's website. EHHHHHHHHHHH!!! No Necrophagist all the way. Gorod just sounds confused.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Aug 16,2006 8:44pm
gorod maybe had a chance with neurotripsicks, but leading vision is a steaming pile.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Aug 16,2006 11:38pm
*cough*Sleep Terror*cough*

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 17,2006 12:30am
necrophagist rapes gorod. necrophagist is more mature sounding, makes more sense, and the musicianship is way more enjoyable. not to mention that the recording quality on each of necro's albums rapes gorod's too. necrophagist is an all around better band.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Aug 17,2006 1:50am
i'd never heard of this band and im likin' it so im gonna hold my vote aswell

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Aug 17,2006 2:42am
Decapitated. Barring that, Necrophagist.

Actually, Bolt Thrower.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Aug 17,2006 1:24pm
i listened to Leading Vision last night.

No fucking way does Gorod even come close to Necrophagist.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Aug 17,2006 1:37pm
Gorod smokes Necrophagist on a few fronts.

1.) Gorod has way more groove. Necrophagist is really just a bunch of noodling with no real point except to watch all the techmetal nerds drop their drawers and whack off.

2.) Gorods melody is far more mature in my humble opinion. Less...."Oh look how fast we can play this!!" They would rather slow it down and squeeze every last drop of melody out of a note before rushing on to the next one.

Gorod plays more like a band that is 1 complete unit. Necrophagist is simply 1 guitar player showing off like hell who happened to find a few other players that could keep up.

Necrophagist gets extremely boring after about 2 songs. I just get lost and every song sounds like a noodling nightmare with no Genesis or Exodus. Gets boring really fast. Don't get me wrong, there are 1 or 2 songs that Necrophagist doesn't bore the hell out of me with....but that's about it.

Gorod has way more twists and turns in their writing. I think that's by far more intelligent and fun to listen to.....without losing you to noodle mania.

I don't know what the hell anyone means by overall production....Gorod's production is fantastic.

This all is just my opinion of course and is not intended for human consumption.

GREAT THREAD.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Aug 17,2006 1:39pm
Gorod is probably my favorite Deathmetal band ever. In case you didn't notice.......

Hahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Aug 17,2006 1:42pm edited Aug 17,2006 1:42pm
ALL THINGS FRENCH > ALL THINGS GERMAN
except for thrash.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Aug 17,2006 4:44pm
"GOOOOOOROD!!!!!!"

*cue Gorod....killer song*

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Aug 17,2006 5:45pm
I knew this would be neck and neck.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Aug 17,2006 8:11pm
gorod does have lots of twists and turns...like forgetting to record the drums for thier new album. and theyve always had that wiener vocalist that sounds like a toughguy with a mouth full of mashed potatos.

hopefully on thier next album they can drop the totally amazing, and only redeeming quality of their band, the guitars and then thier transformation into Six Feet Underism will be complete.

p.s. more evil brain-orb techno elf cover art, please.

p.p.s. SSSSSSSNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 17,2006 8:18pm edited Aug 17,2006 8:19pm
France is gay... dont even make me pull out the picture of the "French Army Knife"

haha.

also... i just did an experiment... i let my brother listen to the first minute of a song from Gorod and Necrophagist. (CHronicle from the Past and Stabwound respectively). not only did he enjoy the song writing better. Necrophagist held his interest more and he also said that the recording was better on Necrophagist's part. a quote from my brother "how come you cant hear the snare drum and you cant hear the vocals that well either" when playing the Gorod tune. keep in my mind that my speakers on my computer rape most factory car audio setups. then i did another test... i played the one song from each of their earlier albums. Hands down Necrophagist sounded better and was more enjoyable. "you can also hear the guitar in this better" referring to Necrophagist.

a history on my brother... he doesnt listen to death metal except for the occasional malevolent creation and devourment. so he had an unbiased opinion on this situation. Necrophagist wins.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Aug 17,2006 8:49pm
necrophagist. the solos are better. the vocals are better. the drums are better, and the groove is way fucking better. onset lacks in groover, but epitaph is fucking groove city. the intro to seven crushes anything gorod has.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Aug 17,2006 11:45pm
why dont you just enjoy both?

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Aug 17,2006 11:58pm
i do... necrophagist is just better and that is the topic at hand

toggletoggle post by hoser at Aug 18,2006 8:54am
GOOOOOOROD!!!!!!

I listened to Necrophagist all last night just to make sure that my opinion was valid.

While Necrophagist really is pretty amazing, they lose my interest after 2 songs. I alsso played them for our bass player....who has rarely ever heard them.....same opinion. After 2 songs...the constant blasting just loses you. bangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang.....after a while, that gets boring.

I like Gorod much better because they switch it up, which keeps the human ear from wanting to kill itself after 2 songs.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 18,2006 7:23pm
I gotta go with Necrophagist on this one.
Josh, lay off the bong. Germany has done more for metal then France in terms of bands without question. And this has nothing to do with my unrestrained french bias. It's just fact.
Not counting Quebec though. That's a whole other bunch of frenchmen right there and they have stepped it up over the past ten years.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Aug 18,2006 7:26pm
Whoah....day 3 and necrophagist is winning by alot....what ever will the outcome be?
Stay tuned.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Aug 18,2006 7:38pm
there should be a 3rd option.....neither

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Aug 18,2006 7:38pm
How fuckin dare you, sir?

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Aug 18,2006 7:49pm
ok ok if I absolutely had to choose..... I think I would pick Gorod

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Aug 19,2006 8:41pm
ok.....Nec. may be winning by a landslide, but deal with THIS!!!

NOTE THE MULLET!!!!

And by default....any band with a mulleted member is automatically disqualified from the war.
Sorry Folks.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][6:06:52pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.01651 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]