New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ANYONE KNOW OF GOOD BARS FOR METALHEADS TO DRINK AT? by LUSH FOR LIFE on Aug 11,2006 1:44am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by LUSH FOR LIFE at Aug 11,2006 1:44am
THERE HAVE GOT TO BE SOME METAL FRIENDLY BARS IN MASS AND RI? BESIDES WHEN THERE IS A SHOW THERE!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Aug 11,2006 2:05am
the lucky dog in worcester
rox's in oxford
o'briens in allston
kc's tap in pawtucket
the compound in fitchburg

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 11,2006 2:06am
tens in salisbury

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Aug 11,2006 4:00am
The Model is pretty friendly in Allston.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Aug 11,2006 7:18am
yeah, the Model kicks ass. their new jukebox, which I was quite skeptical of, has a massive search function. I put on like a half hour of Type O the last time I was there.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 11,2006 8:04am
Charlie's Kitchen in harvard square. Slayer, Misfits, Motorhead on the jukebox. Even I don't mind going to Charlies.

toggletoggle post by Mess at Aug 11,2006 8:13am
yeah, any bar in weymouth is metal. seriously.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 11,2006 8:14am
The Model is the antithesis of metal. Make sure to have your short-sleeve flannel and trucker hat ready before entering. Oh, and be a pretensious faggot.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Aug 11,2006 8:24am
Well, I've got the last part covered, but I've never seen people with the former 2. Must have been an off-night or 6.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Aug 11,2006 8:31am
sunset grill and tap in allston

500 sum odd beers

toggletoggle post by Man_of_the_Century at Aug 11,2006 8:32am
I would assume any bar with an ample supply of booze will be O.K. for a metal head.

toggletoggle post by contagion   at Aug 11,2006 8:36am
safari lounge in RI. sketchy place, good jukebox.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 11,2006 8:37am
As far as I know, the Safari's been closed for about a year.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Aug 11,2006 9:23am
Not MA or RI, but everybody should know by now that Cherry St is CT's premiere heavy metal gin mill. Even on non-show nights.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 11,2006 9:38am
A few weeks ago I stood outside the Model for about 10 minutes before I felt nauseous. Everybody there looked like they belonged to the Trendy Tattoo of the Month Club. Seriously, you'd need a graphing calculator to count all the nautical star tattoos there. Top that off with 50 dudes that would make out with Bam Margera if they had the chance, and can't wait to tell you about how their band (which has never played outside Allston) is the next Ramones.

Here's my impression of every girl you'll find at The Model:

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Aug 11,2006 9:43am
xmikex said:
Everybody there looked like they belonged to the Trendy Tattoo of the Month Club. Seriously, you'd need a graphing calculator to count all the nautical star tattoos there. Top that off with 50 dudes that would make out with Bam Margera if they had the chance,

Here's my impression of every girl you'll find at The Model:

hahahaha

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Aug 11,2006 10:48am
Yeah, the Model is total trendfagville. Great jukebox though.
I've been thrown out of that place countless times.
One time me and Seth and Florien (drummer from Germany who played for AC at the 15th anniversarry reunion gig) started singing concentration camp songs that Florien had taught us really really loudly while drinking at the Model. I forget how it went but the words "Auschwicz" and "Buchenwald" were repeated a lot. We got a shitload of dirty looks thrown our way. When we left a bunch of PC fags followed us out. They started bitching at us from across the street. Me and Florien turned around and started walking back towards them and told them we hate jews and we're going to kick the shit of all of you.
I've never seen a faggot run so fast as those 5 did.

toggletoggle post by CaptainCleanoff at Aug 11,2006 11:12am
Josh_Martin said:
Yeah, the Model is total trendfagville. Great jukebox though.
I've been thrown out of that place countless times.
One time me and Seth and Florien (drummer from Germany who played for AC at the 15th anniversarry reunion gig) started singing concentration camp songs that Florien had taught us really really loudly while drinking at the Model. I forget how it went but the words "Auschwicz" and "Buchenwald" were repeated a lot. We got a shitload of dirty looks thrown our way. When we left a bunch of PC fags followed us out. They started bitching at us from across the street. Me and Florien turned around and started walking back towards them and told them we hate jews and we're going to kick the shit of all of you.
I've never seen a faggot run so fast as those 5 did.

HAHA!! Good times had by all I am sure.

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at Aug 11,2006 11:19am
Concentration camp songs!!!

toggletoggle post by Lee Geddy at Aug 11,2006 11:58am
the Dark Lady in Providence has a jukebox full of classic NWOBHM and half price drinks for anyone with longhair and tattoos. Also FREE cheeseburgers
and hot wings after 10pm!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 11,2006 1:43pm
xmikex's comment was perfect. i enjoy going to the model and drinking cheap beer, but so many of the people look like unwashed bam margeras and ugly whores. the nautical star tattoo thing is right on, too. i see way too much of that there.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Aug 11,2006 2:18pm
I know there's a few Connecticut people on this board. Is the Villa in Stamford still around?

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 12,2006 12:26pm
This Dark Lady sounds rather bitchin'
There is an ongoing process by some people to transform Bruburgers in Framingham into a metal bar.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][7:30:21pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.03446 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]