Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> new Metallica Song by yumyum on Jun 7,2006 2:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by yumyum at Jun 7,2006 2:22pm
anyone hear the bootleg or live recording of the untitled new Metallica song? I heard the vocals are terrible but the actual music now is back to the roots or something, if anyone has it please post!

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 2:24pm
its somewhere on youtube, theyre playing it during soundcheck for some fest

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 7,2006 2:25pm
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they aren't going back to their roots because they said everything after the black album was easier to write because they didn't have to worry about solos, timing, and shit supposibly. If they did go back to their roots then kudos.

toggletoggle post by metalguy at Jun 7,2006 2:28pm
What I heard on the video was definately not as bad as St. Anger. If there is a god maybe they will come out with some decent shit this time around. If they release something good I will be the first one to admit I like it.

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 2:29pm
metallica has and always will suck forever and ever

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 7,2006 2:30pm
Isn't Rick Rubin producing this one? If he does I'm sure he'll say to Metallica "I'm not Bob Rock I'm Rick Fucking Rubins and you guys need to start paying attention to your fans, they want a little taste of the old shit not another St. Anger" but I could be wrong.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:30pm
Slayer was going back to their roots too. Ha!

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 2:31pm
actually from the articles ive read rick told them he's only going into the studio to turn the knobs and wont step foot in there till he's needed. you know like a real producer would, not helping to write the songs or trying to play bass for the band.

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 2:31pm
fuck metallica, "metal is dead" lars-

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 2:31pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
Slayer was going back to their roots too. Ha!

which era

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:32pm
I still love the first four Metallica records, MoP is probably my favorite metal album, but fuck, since that shit, I agree with you 100% man.

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 2:32pm
how is the new slayer?

toggletoggle post by yumyum at Jun 7,2006 2:32pm
i mean back in the way day metallica was a great band. you can't deny that. lightning, master, justice, and even garagedays 87 were great stuff. don't forget their covers "The Prince" and "Breadfan" - both were awesome back then. i liked the black album but found it too simplistic but it wasn't bad, after that i stopped listening to them.

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Jun 7,2006 2:33pm edited Jun 7,2006 2:37pm
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb699wy-cnQ

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADP_eDAuhg

part 2 is pretty fucking badass...minus the vocals at the end

toggletoggle post by yumyum at Jun 7,2006 2:34pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:34pm
SACAPAPADOO said:
how is the new slayer?

It's just one song called 'Cult', it is pretty bad. Tom starts rapping about Jesus at the 3-minute mark.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 2:35pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
Tom starts rapping.

if he didnt rap on the song they did with ice t, why the fuck would he start doing that retarded shit now.

leave rapping to good bands like Spazz

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:36pm
Hah!

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 2:37pm
tom starts rapping.......blasphemy

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:39pm
I guess I'd only loosely describe it as 'rap', but the rest of the song just isn't very exciting to make up for it.

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 7,2006 2:41pm
damnit now im even more pissed

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 2:41pm
was this the thing they were selling at hot topic, cause if it was thats probably the reason it isnt very exciting. you dont need to overwhelm people who have no idea in the first place.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:43pm
Exactly. Yep, I guess they sell it there for like $6, for a single. I wouldn't know, since my flesh starts melting if I step within 20 paces of a Hot Topic, and as the Rev knows, I always race right to GameStop when I'm in the mall.

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Jun 7,2006 2:43pm
yeah, not too impressed with the new Slayer song, the new Metallica song actually sounds better! ha!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:44pm
It actually does, I will admit. This new Metallica....isn't as shit as the last 3 albums....well, not so far.

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 7,2006 2:46pm
I bet that new song you guys are hearing wont even make it to the final cut. I haven't heard it because I'm at work but that's my guess.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:46pm
It probably won't.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:48pm
It's kind of like a Kill 'Em All track, but modernized.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:49pm
The vocals do suck though.

toggletoggle post by yumyum at Jun 7,2006 2:52pm
i hope they really sit down and write some killin thrashin riffs and well hetfield should go back to the early days for vocals. not bad at all. but they are old now so...

hot topic = run to the hills. everytime i walk by that store in the mall there is usually a bunch of 15 year olds wearing killswitch or unearth shirts acting like babies. blasting above music as well. it makes me sick

toggletoggle post by Dar at Jun 7,2006 2:52pm
Tom "raps" on Cult like Halford "raps" on Freewheel Burning...that's a fucking retarded thing to say

the song does suck though, about to listen to the metallica stuff

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 2:53pm
Right, that's why I said it's only loosely 'rap', but a lot of people have taken it that way.

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 7,2006 3:13pm
SteveOTB said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they aren't going back to their roots because they said everything after the black album was easier to write because they didn't have to worry about solos, timing, and shit supposibly. If they did go back to their roots then kudos.

Being the Metallifag that I am i have heard these reports.
Kirk left the recording session being told he was not aloud to solo. Obviously this did'nt last long and Kirk was like hey fags this is how it is I AM writing solos and we are going old school and we ARE writing every fucking song completly before tracking it. So Lars makes his announcement. "We are doing what we always do on every album (except St Gayness) we are writing before we start recording" So it's anyone's guess now.

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 7,2006 3:17pm
why does anyone care about either anymore?

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jun 7,2006 3:19pm
I think this song sounds great. I like the modulation near the end of it too, it gives me hope that maybe they are starting to give a damn about interesting songwriting again. I didn't hear enough vocals to make any good judgement of them. But as for the suggestion that Hetfield go back to the old way of singing, I'm pretty sure that by the late 80s he had pretty badly fucked up his voice from screaming that way, which is why we hear a completely different singing style from the black album on.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 3:19pm
Eh, just nostalgia, at least for me.

They are still huge names in music to the general population, though, it's not like they aren't cared about at large.

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 7,2006 3:19pm
I dunno respecting the roots I guess! But yea what i just heard sounds sick - James's I'm not so angry now that I'm clean vocals but I believe the final mix will be much much better because Kirk will most definatly drop some vocs possible the monkey man Rob T will as well either way that dude will always destroy a bass.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jun 7,2006 3:22pm
Oh, and PS:

I've been saying since St. Anger came out and I'll say it again 'cause it looks like I'm right: I'm getting the next album because there is no way they can do worse than St. Anger.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 7,2006 3:23pm
Hooker nli said:
why does anyone care about either anymore?

its a slow day

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 7,2006 3:24pm
retzam said:
Oh, and PS:

I've been saying since St. Anger came out and I'll say it again 'cause it looks like I'm right: I'm getting the next album because there is no way they can do worse than St. Anger.

That is the most logical thing I have ever heard no joke.

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 7,2006 3:33pm
Maybe they counted on that when making St. Anger. "hey lets drop an absolute shit bomb on everyone so the suckers will buy whatever comes after since it can't be worse"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 7,2006 3:37pm
this whole thread made my day worse.
AND I DIDN'T EVEN READ ANY OF IT.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jun 7,2006 4:02pm
according to SMNNEWS, Metallica has been performing the entire Master of Puppets album for the past 3 nights...

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 7,2006 4:03pm
second half is alright...still no master of puppets though

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 4:05pm
They have been performing Master of Puppets in its entirety. Best metal album I've ever heard, even 20 years later. I doubt they sound as good live now as they did then?

toggletoggle post by yumyum at Jun 7,2006 4:09pm
come on, metallica really started the heavy heavy metal scene for the 80's. metallica and slayer were ENORMOUS influences to all those classic thrash bands that came out in the late 80's early 90's.

i personally want to see them thrash again like they did back in '88. hell there was a video when they played in someone's backyard in 1982! imagine if they did that today, i know... but it truly is nostalgia, metallica got me into metal back in 1986...

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 7,2006 4:10pm
I love old Metallica ('83-'89), and that's never going away, so you're preaching to the choir, brother.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 7,2006 5:49pm
GET THE SONG DOWNLOADED HERE

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=457D8D737F7DC0BA

its decent but i dont know - its a step up from what they have been doing recently and hetfield's voice sux on this but maybe because its too new. but i wish he would do the old school vox.

toggletoggle post by crisis  at Jun 7,2006 5:58pm
I think it sounds good. A million times better than St.Anger. Reminds me a little of AJFA.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 7,2006 8:31pm
but that KORN style riff sux balls. but the other riffs aren't bad. the beginning is good then goes kinda downhill w/that KORN riff. The verses are sucky, what the hell is up with his voice!? The so called chorus is kinda sucky but the guitars sound cool. Then there is some melodic middle part that isn't bad but it goes into that jumpy hip hop beat but at least there is a guitar solo! an old school sounding metallica solo! but i have to say right after the solo there is a cool riff and it picks up old school style. then it all repeats.

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 7,2006 9:26pm
shit. hahah.

the riff before the double bass sounds like "rock lobster" played out of tune and then the double bass kicks in and you can hear someone go "Oooooh"

fucking christ, metallica.

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 7,2006 10:13pm
I thought it sounded pretty good. Looks like they're trying to bridge their old shit with the newer shit.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Jun 8,2006 8:19am
rock lobster is right! hahahaha. it kinda still reminds me of stgarbage though but yeah the intro riff and the solo and riff after the solo are really good, they better polish that song up and get rid of rock lob and fix those vocals!

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Jun 8,2006 8:21am
Metallica always sucked, with the exception of master of puppets, which was decent. Anyone who goes on and on about how good they use to be is stupid. They were never good.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jun 8,2006 10:23am
Well, there goes 8 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 8,2006 10:28am
If the vocals remain like that, it will ruin the song anyway. Plus, that one bouncy riff.

But at least it has more promise than that stupid song with the prison video.

toggletoggle post by soloman   at Jun 8,2006 10:31am
those riffs are mad dorky.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Jun 8,2006 10:32am
i beg to differ that metallica always was not a good band. they did influence the metal scene in 1982. i mean you don't have to like their musical style from 1983-now but come on, gotta give them some respect for doing what they did in the 80's?

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Jun 8,2006 10:32am
I'll say this again. From what I heard it's better than anything off of St. Anger but that's not saying much.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Jun 8,2006 10:39am
that song was terrible. it was no different than the st. anger junk.

toggletoggle post by chris_from_shit_fuck  at Jun 8,2006 12:28pm
it reminded me of something off of Load, which is pretty horrible. I doubt that the new album will be good.

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 8,2006 3:28pm
BornSoVile said:
according to SMNNEWS, Metallica has been performing the entire Master of Puppets album for the past 3 nights...

BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ! Thanks Josh!

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at Jun 9,2006 8:52am
Shitlica have sucked since 1990.Why do you people even bother talking about them?

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Jun 17,2006 2:45pm
Some decent stuff + St. Anger level crap = Load. In otherwords, this stuff averages out to be no better than Load, it is simply our expectations that are lower. Metallica is still not Metallica. Moving on...

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jun 18,2006 11:57am
I dont know waht the rest of you are listening to but that song sucks. People need to get over that fact that Metallica is dead, has been a long time and they are not coming back. Period.

On a side note that new Slayer song is fucking terrible. I'm just going to go listen to Lionel Ritchies greatest hits in the dark.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][1:26:53am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.04470 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]