New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New slayer songs by the_reverend on Jun 6,2006 3:07pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2006 3:07pm
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Slayer

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:08pm
Didn't fuckin work for me. I've heard the clip, and the studio and a clip with vocals. But no full song as Blabbermouth promised. Site ov lies.

FIGHT TILL DEATH!!!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 3:11pm
It's fucking horrible.

At the 3-minute mark Tom starts rapping.

Slaya has returned, and God truly does hate us all.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:11pm
Like I said, if you listen to Slayer post-Seasons in the Abyss... you're already half a queer.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jun 6,2006 3:13pm
RichHorror said:
Like I said, if you listen to Slayer post-Seasons in the Abyss... you're already half a queer.

I have to agree with you there, and reiterate my theory that Araya was given a lobotomy, and Kerry King lost his sense of metal when he cut off all his hair and got the goofy tattoos

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:14pm
Kerry King played guitar on a Sum-41 song. Enough said.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:15pm
Kerry King is the downfall of Slayer and has been for years.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 6,2006 3:16pm
did they forget what thrash metal is?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 6,2006 3:16pm
i read an interview in the metro today with kerry king. it was lame. i remember reading old interviews of slayer when they weren't afraid to rag on people and call something stupid if it was. it's a shame but whatever they still gave us a ton of good albums.

AND NOTE:
Kerry King shaved his head because he was going bald. Not for fashion.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 6,2006 3:16pm
RichHorror said:
Kerry King played guitar on a Sum-41 song. Enough said.

I didn't even know about that. UGH.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 6,2006 3:18pm
the middle of this song(the fast verses) is ok, the rest is garbage

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:18pm
haha, yeah. I remember flipping through channels a couple years ago and MTV had the behind the scenes of the video. They flew him in on wires like Peter Pan. Holy AIDS.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:20pm
I didn't think it was bad. I stick by this: Slayer gave me Show No Mercy, Haunting The Chapel, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss...I don't give a fuck what they do now.

Hey Rich, movie is a GO for 4:30 in Dartmouth, Ill call you when we leave.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:20pm
and reign in blood!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 6,2006 3:26pm
i wonder if they got lars syndrome...thought they were good and didn't need to practice anymore

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:30pm edited Jun 6,2006 3:34pm
pam nli said:
Kerry King is the downfall of Slayer and has been for years.

Jeff Hanneman > Kerry King

RichHorror said:

I agree, Rich, but I push it back one more album to Decade of Agression (which came out post-Seasons)

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:32pm
Wasn't that all covers?

I remember getting 'Divine Intervention' because that 'Dittohead' song was pretty cool. What a cruel joke that album was.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:33pm
Decade of Aggression plowed me through 2 stop signs the other day. Shit never leaves my car.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:34pm
I read a interview with Araya where they asked him what bands of today he likes and think carry the Slayer torch and he said "Mudvayne".

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:34pm
no, Decade was the 2CD Live Album

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:34pm
I think Divine Intervention was OK, but I honestly NEVER listen to it. Show No Mercy is my absolute favorite, then the Haunting The Chapel EP, and then you gotta contend with Seasons, Reign In Blood, and South of Heaven...nothing else stands a chance.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:35pm
RichHorror said:
Wasn't that all covers?

I remember getting 'Divine Intervention' because that 'Dittohead' song was pretty cool. What a cruel joke that album was.

All covers= Undisputed Attitude.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:35pm
Oh yeah. I have that. That does rule. I was thinking of that album where they did shitty versions of old punk songs.

toggletoggle post by Abyss at Jun 6,2006 3:36pm
New Slayer BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me no like!!!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jun 6,2006 3:37pm
Decade was the live cd. Undisputed Attitude was the covers cd (don't care that album ruled).

whenever I read interviews with those guys now it sounds like they're running for class treasurer or something. The responses are so tame, and bored, and obviously influenced by record sales. Lame.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:39pm
I didn't care for Undisputed Attitude much, but Gemini was a sick song.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 6,2006 3:40pm
I would pay at least fifty dollars to see Slayer die in a fire.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:40pm
the covers album was Undisputed Attitude (as pam said)

Divine Intervention was the last halfway decent Slayer album. and there was like 1 or 2 good songs on god hates us all (maybe only one) but that cd was more of a half assed appology for Diabolus (which was probably even more dreadful then Undisputed)

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:41pm
pam nli said:
but Gemini was a sick song.

agreed

toggletoggle post by Abyss at Jun 6,2006 3:43pm
This song makes the absence sound good.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jun 6,2006 3:44pm
I think God Hates Us All the song was good, there was 1 or 2 on there that I thought were good. Like I said, I expect nothing from Slayer anymore, they owe me nothing.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 3:47pm
I can't really stand much after Seasons in the Abyss, except a few of the riffs on God Hates Us All where I was misled into thinking Slayer had returned.

Reign in Blood is my favorite one, but it doesn't really matter, the first four albums are all perfection.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:47pm
I liked Exile from G.H.U.A. but post Decade Slayer is sub-par at best... I was hoping with Dave Lombardo back we would time travel back to 1986...

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 3:49pm edited Jun 6,2006 3:50pm
I guess I just have to time travel with my own music for now, or one of the other recent thrash albums I've bought, all of which are better than the new Slayer.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 3:55pm
so, who's gonna be at the space pre-show tonight? I don't feel like sitting around my house until 8:00...

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jun 6,2006 3:57pm
Gemini is my favorite Slayer song, I don't care what anybody says. I wasn't expecting anything good after GHUA.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Jun 6,2006 4:03pm
pam nli said:
I think God Hates Us All the song was good, there was 1 or 2 on there that I thought were good

Disciple

and yea a few good tunes off that and diabolous. And i dont care what anyone says about Divine, its a rippin cd. And i think Kerry King looks way more bad ass now than he did with the 80's mullet. He just isnt a bad ass any more thats the problem. Except for his out spoken comments that you usually see at the top of magazine articles in Bold like ; "I WOULDNT LOSE ANY SLEEP IF FRED DURST GOT SHOT TOMOROW" or "ANY ONE WHO THINKS THAT DAVE MUSTANE IS A GOOD SINGER SHOULD BE SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT." I dont agree with that last one, but sure is funny.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 4:06pm
Kerry's hair doesn't bother me at all. I'm follically challenged and so aren't many people I know.

It's his love for horrible music that has infected the Slayer sound which bothers me.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 4:11pm
agreed, hair is trivial now-a-days in metal, back in the 80's if you were anyone but Rob Halford, short hair was blasphemy.

Slayer is on an irreversable downward spiral as I see it... and unless they remember what they were they won't get any better

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 4:13pm
The least they could do is take some fucking speed/thrash bands on tour and help out a little.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Jun 6,2006 4:15pm
It Aint horrible but nothing special, like a b side of divine intervention or something

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 6,2006 4:19pm
see, I have no problems with Mastadon, CoB or LoG (begin flame war here) I just would like to see true speed/thrash bands tour with them

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 6,2006 4:23pm edited Jun 6,2006 4:24pm
I don't mind Mastodon either, but Slayer is just another band that made it huge and couldn't give a fuck anymore. They take out whoever is hot with them to make sure they can pack the house. Most likely they've taken themselves out of the decision process altogether. The Haunted/Slayer team-up was probably the closest we'll ever get.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 6,2006 4:43pm
im really disappointed...that song sucked ass

toggletoggle post by inject-now at Jun 6,2006 5:05pm
i'll take a listen when i get home. i hated the last two records so i hope this is better.

btw, "divine intervention" was a good record.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 6,2006 5:06pm
RichHorror said:

Divine Intervention is just as good as Seasons. And the hardcore covers CD was cool. But I see your point.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 6,2006 5:08pm
xmikex said:
i read an interview in the metro today with kerry king. it was lame.

yeah that interview was so incredibly inaccurate. It said their last studio album was 1990... wtf?? A simple Google search by the writer and he wouldnt have made that mistake.

toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at Jun 6,2006 5:16pm
those lyrics are beyond EVIL!!!! \m/

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Jun 6,2006 5:20pm
That song Cult does sound like a Divine Intervention throw away. But it's not terrible. It's better than the songs on Diabolis.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 6,2006 7:06pm
The new slayer stuff was not to impressive, BUT on the other hand the 2 new deicide songs released are KILLER

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Jun 6,2006 7:17pm
this new song isn't too bad, but not too great

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Jun 6,2006 8:41pm
This is all Blasphemy!!!! Slayer still kicks ass!!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jun 6,2006 8:45pm
I'll always love slayer

toggletoggle post by sever at Jun 6,2006 8:52pm
dwellingsickness said:
The new slayer stuff was not to impressive, BUT on the other hand the 2 new deicide songs released are KILLER

where can I find the deicide songs?

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at Jun 6,2006 8:58pm
I love old school Slayer(everything up to Divine Intervention).But the last 2 albums have sucked and the punk covers album was lame.I wont buy anything else from them again.I heard a sample of Cult.Just google it and you will find it.It BLOWS!!! Got that jump da fuck up feeling to it like the middle part of the song Payback does.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jun 6,2006 9:06pm
No one mentions Hell Awaits in this thread?!

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 6,2006 9:48pm
sever said:
dwellingsickness said:

where can I find the deicide songs?

It is a Download-Only 2 song EP available from I-Tunes

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at Jun 7,2006 12:27am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
No one mentions Hell Awaits in this thread?!

HELL AWAITS!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at Jun 7,2006 12:28am
Anthony nli said:
RichHorror said:

Divine Intervention is just as good as Seasons. And the hardcore covers CD was cool. But I see your point.

DI blows away Seasons in my opinion

toggletoggle post by slayerfan06 at Jul 2,2006 3:33pm
damn all you motherfuckers sure do talk a bunch of shit about one of the greatest thrash metal bands in the fucking world. and when any of you recieve 5 gold records let me know about it. do you any thing else to do besides talk shit.

toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at Jul 2,2006 4:02pm
yeah. make fun of you and your awesomely bad grammar skills.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 2,2006 4:05pm
the new song aint bad, they are all like what 40's? much better than other crap they have done. and they were pissa live the other night.
i honestly haven't been a fan since seasons, but it's not bad. jesus, everyone has a quick mind to condemn them i must say.
at least they aren't releasing reload or some shit.

production is awesome by the way!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][7:15:25pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02166 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]