New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> $2,000 FOR UPSTAIRS AT THE PALLADIUM!? by sacreligion on Jun 1,2006 1:03pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:03pm
that's just plain ridiculous

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:04pm
highway robbery is what it is

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:21pm
does anyone else find this as aggravating as i do?

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Jun 1,2006 1:27pm edited Jun 1,2006 1:28pm
Just how the hell would you even make enough back at the door to pay that fee let alone the bands on the bill? That's retarded, I could never afford to do a show there, I sweat when a band has a $300 guarantee...$2000 to rent that area for the night is retarded, $150 would be more reasonable

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:33pm
$500 would be reasonable...maybe even $750

the only way that would work is if you had a minimum of 10 bands and you did a pay-to-play

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 1:33pm
If you are friends with Scott Lee it's probably $200

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 1:36pm
or you book a show with some decent bands that will draw a few hundred kids

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:42pm
yeah i know that...i wanted to move that june 30 show there and i know we could get like 150 kids no problem...but we'd need more and to do so i'd need a headliner which is just more $$

what happened to the good ol' days when the palladium would put on local shows for the sake of local music

i used to go see crappy bands there all the time and it'd be packed

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 1:49pm
times change when moneys involved

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:50pm
correction: people change when money's involved

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 1,2006 1:51pm
what's the capacity ike 500?

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 1:53pm
around there...maybe 600

toggletoggle post by codydelongdotnet  at Jun 1,2006 2:01pm
now imagine how much the downstairs is.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 2:17pm
RTTP fest anyone?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 1,2006 2:25pm
i would have booked an RTTP party there but aaron said no
$2000 is the cost and you can make your $ back and more...

toggletoggle post by retzam at Jun 1,2006 2:31pm
Why does Aaron not want to have an RttP party?

toggletoggle post by SACAPAPADOO   at Jun 1,2006 2:32pm
das uber gay

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 2:33pm
that grafton show i put together in january was supposed to be a benefit for aaron's cause...he refused though

something about the fact that there are starving bands out there who need the money more than he, perhaps he doesn't want to see people shelling out 2 grand for something like this

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 1,2006 3:21pm
i think that it should happen and the rev doesnt have a choice, he just has to enjoy it.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 3:24pm
easy way have a metal prom there.... charge 50 a ticket and there you go

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 3:33pm
fuck that noise

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 1,2006 3:37pm
he actually got mad at me...because i was trying to put it together as a surprise show/bday party for him and he didn't want me dishing out all that money

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreRULES at Jun 1,2006 3:44pm
that is alot of money for a b-day gift but it shows who much of a good person you are
+100000000000000 scene points! free10000000 photo pit passes

toggletoggle post by nli at Jun 1,2006 3:46pm
succubus said:
he actually got mad at me...because i was trying to put it together as a surprise show/bday party for him and he didn't want me dishing out all that money

probably because he knew making the money back would be impossible.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 4:43pm
im sorry, but how exactly is this impossible to make your money back? the place holds what, 500? The Red Chord and The Acacia Strain played thier last summer and the place was sold out...get a decent headliner, a few good opening acts and at a head charge of 10 bucks at the door, 200 kids will recoup.

I understand that good headlining bands are hard to come by and harder to get, but thats why you plan the thing several months in advance. The Palladium is the metal/hardcore venue in MA, its name is instantly recognized internationally...why the fuck would it be cheap to get?

toggletoggle post by nli at Jun 1,2006 4:50pm
if you count 'The Red Chord and The Acacia Strain' as RTTP bands then maybe you'd have a chance at making your money back. What bands that post here regularly are gonna draw 500+ kids @ $10-15 per person?

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Jun 1,2006 4:53pm
Any band that's going to make you that much money at the door is going to want twice that for playing.

I'd pay that for both floors and run a sweet fest.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 5:34pm
picking the right bands, say 10 locals and 1 headliner, all that combined can bring a lot of people together. i made up a mock set time and everything and could fit that from 5-12(which would be more than $2,000, not sure how much but it's probably another $500 to a grand) with 20 minute sets and 40 for a headliner with 15 minute changes.

i wrote down a list of bands that would be good for it, encompassing almost everything in the "heavy" genre:

zircon
dour cursiva
in dire need
hirudinea
goreality
porphyria
sacreligion
burn in silence
on paths of torment
dissector
*random headliner*

i was even thinking like ordering tons of pizza for all the bands and buying a keg or two off of the bar

it's totally feasible, the only problem is the $$$, if i were to do it it'd have to be pay-to-play because I don't have the money for it. Maybe if all the bands looked at it as working together to make the show happen it wouldn't be so bad.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jun 1,2006 5:35pm
I refuse to believe that upstairs holds 500. What spaces are you including in this estimate? The floor could probably hold 150, MAX.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 5:37pm
you have never seen a packed show upstairs at the palladium then

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jun 1,2006 5:38pm
Wait, I had a bad memory of it. I just found some pictures from a packed show there. Nevermind. I thought the floor was narrower.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 5:40pm
yeah it's wider and longer than it seems for some reason

there's also the whole balcony as well where they usually have merch tables(another thing that'd be good, all the local labels can set up their merch tables, hell maybe even help sponsor it a bit)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 1,2006 5:41pm
capacity for the palladium is 2160
about 600 upstairs and 1600 downstairs.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 5:43pm
aaron swoops in and drops bombs

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jun 1,2006 5:45pm
sacreligion said:
yeah it's wider and longer than it seems for some reason

there's also the whole balcony as well where they usually have merch tables(another thing that'd be good, all the local labels can set up their merch tables, hell maybe even help sponsor it a bit)

Probably because when you walk in you're only 5 feet from the bar on other side. Plus, when the place doesn't have as much people you notice the limited space a lot more.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 5:45pm
good point

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 1,2006 6:02pm
The Red Chord 100 percent supports RTTP, no matter how big they have gotten. I guarantee if you wanted to do a fest in Aaron's name they would support it more than most other big time bands.

Paying to play isnt that bad if you consider the magnitude of a bill you could create. The amount of expsosure that can be garnered by each band, and the fact that its a community event, ie: no one is ripping each other off, all going for the same common goal, makes selling 25 tickets apiece not a horrible request.

That said, why go through this trouble? Just rent a hall or some shit.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 1,2006 6:56pm
because it'd be better there...and it's a nice thing to have everyone work together to achieve

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jun 1,2006 8:19pm
that sucks

toggletoggle post by CTborderpatrol at Jun 1,2006 10:13pm
if theres an rttp fest there should be bareknucke boxing matches between metalcore vs. metal people. and we can throw money in and bet on the boxers as well. it'd be awesome

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 2,2006 1:43am
fun fact: one of the biggest illegal bareknuckle boxing leagues in the world was under main st. in worcester right next to the palladium

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Jun 2,2006 9:55am
anonymous said:
That said, why go through this trouble? Just rent a hall or some shit.

That's the point. There are no halls in Worcester or the surrounding towns that will host a show because hardcore kids ruined it by fighting and shit.

metal near worcester is basicaly limited to the palladium and the QVCC right now. rox's in oxford too. and ralph's one thursday a month.

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 2,2006 10:20am
Ok Mathematically if you could get a sellout crowd at the Palldium for we will say merely 10$ a ticket now 10 x 600 roughly we'll say 6000 now Palldium need 2000$ so that 4000 the we got band gaurentees and blah blah blah probably leave ya with I dunno depending on how big the bands are we'll say they want like 500 a piece (guesstimate) two or 3 big bands to get a seeout draw so that another 1500 (roughly) bringing us to about 2500 I know I am missing numbers here someone help me out cause I know that a promoter could'nt walk away with 2500 (or whoever puts on the show)

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jun 2,2006 10:46am
this would all work if everyone worked together. with enough bands, there should be no problem getting the money for it, thats if all the bands have as many fans as they claim too.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Jun 2,2006 11:25am
Yeti said:
this would all work if everyone worked together. with enough bands, there should be no problem getting the money for it, thats if all the bands have as many fans as they claim too.

and if bands don't share the same fans.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jun 2,2006 11:26am
CTborderpatrol said:
if theres an rttp fest there should be bareknucke boxing matches between metalcore vs. metal people. and we can throw money in and bet on the boxers as well. it'd be awesome

I fully endorse and support this idea.

toggletoggle post by Morbid_Mike at Jun 2,2006 11:33am
Im in on the Metal End!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Jun 2,2006 12:15pm
if all the bands did their share it would more than work...10 locals plus one headliner is enough to get at least 300 people into that show...if tickets were done for $10(maybe $15 depending on what the headliner wants) it'd pretty much cover the cost of the show...any profits made should go right back to the bands

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 2,2006 12:48pm
headling band= backend after expenses

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][12:27:26am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.03643 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]