New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Damn disorganized punks !!! by demondave on May 31,2006 2:43pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at May 31,2006 2:43pm
Hey, are there any websites for grind/crust/powerviolence/hardcore/etc that are worthwhile? Punks always seemed to have an image of being more organized than the metal kids. You know ... the whole DIY and networking thing. It seems that metal rules the internet though.

There are so many times I want info on punk bands, but I can never get it. Specifically Discographies. With metal you have: the Metal Archives Encyclopaedia Metallum (the greatest database ever) ; BNR Metal Pages; MYRRTHRONTH; Lost Souls Domain .... it goes on and on. I haven't found anything this informative for underground punk stuff. Does anyone know of anything?

Here is a perfect example: I saw Tragedy and I liked them. They have a new album out on their own label Tragedy Records. I went to their website, and the website says NOTHING about it. WTF? Hellshock are an awesome band. They released an album and I only new about it when it showed up at Armageddon Records in Providece. I thought Punks would embrace the web. I don't get it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 31,2006 2:46pm
it's not very punk to update your website.
takes away from the time that you could be begging for change or smelling like pee.

toggletoggle post by w3 nli at May 31,2006 2:59pm
check out bostondiy.com they might have info you're looking for

toggletoggle post by Troll at May 31,2006 3:46pm
Actually... There use to be tons of sites a but then it became "not punk" to own a computer.

toggletoggle post by demondave at May 31,2006 5:26pm
Apparently having crappy myspace pages is the way for them to go.. I just want to get info on bands without surfing through tons of 'oh look at me I have all these friends...' useless crap

toggletoggle post by demondave at May 31,2006 8:01pm
If anyone can come up with a good site for grind crust powerviolence just let me know. Thanks

toggletoggle post by Troll at May 31,2006 9:01pm
http://profaneexistence.com/
might have a link your looking for

toggletoggle post by Troll at May 31,2006 9:31pm edited May 31,2006 9:32pm
Call me crazy but, it seems like the Powerviolence scene slowed down after Slap A Ham records called it quits.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at May 31,2006 9:45pm
demondave said:
the Metal Archives Encyclopaedia Metallum (the greatest database ever)

It would be if they weren't so averse to grind, they say anything "-core" isn't Metal.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at May 31,2006 9:55pm
625 thrash
http://www.625thrash.com/

you can get a lot of link through there, i use this site a lot.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Jun 1,2006 10:11am
cool thanks for the suggestions KeithMutiny and Troll. It does help.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jun 1,2006 12:42pm
Troll said:
Actually... There use to be tons of sites a but then it became "not punk" to own a computer.

haha, punks are retarded. no better way to "fight the system" than to shun the only free/global/uncensored way of organizing and communicating...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][5:22:48am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.00985 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]