New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Poll: WORST BOUNCERS EVER by xmikex on May 23,2006 8:54am
Add To All Your Pages!
Poll: WORST BOUNCERS EVER - usless poll
1Jarrod's Place (Attleboro)
2Mark's Showplace
3The Giza (Providence)
4The Tank aka The H20 (Revere)
5Club Marquee (Worcestor)
6The Palladium
7Cabot Street /Fat Cats (Western MA)
8The Webster (Hartford)
no vote

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 8:54am
Jarrod's Place - Meathead Factor: 5/5 The bouncers at Jarrods started more fights than they broke up. I saw a guy who looked like Jim the Anvil Neidhart try to choke out a 17 year old kid. Way too quick to pull maglights, batons, and tazers on 18 year old kids. The whole bouncer staff totally got beaten up by Death Before Dishonor during a Halloween show about 4 years ago.

Mark's Showplace - Meathead Factor: 3/5 I've never been there, but everyone here seems to hate that place. And if they mouthed off to somebody about handicap access then I've got to give them at least a 3.

The Giza - Meathead Factor: 4/5 Only been once. The bouncers were totally rude, and obviously looking for a fight. I tried to hand one of them my cover charge at the door, and he kept mumbling something and wouldn't tell me what the hell he wanted. Later on they caught some guy smoking in the bathroom, and 3 bouncers dragged the dude out, smashed his head off the door, and beat on him in the parking lot.

The Tank aka The h20 aka The Atlantic Lounge: Meathead Factor: 5/5 Nothing redeemable about this club whatsoever, obviously a front for drug deals, and God knows what. The bouncers were friends with all the local cops, and got away with whatever they wanted. I almost spent a weekend in jail because some King Kong Bundy looking motherfucker didn't like my guitarist's t-shirt. He also attempted to chase the kid around the club, and threatened to "drown him in the ocean."

Club Marquee - Meathead Factor: 5/5 This club had a rep for being rough with kids, and picking fights. One of the two times I was there I saw bouncers threaten kids with guns, threaten kids with pool cues, knock over their own metal detector trying to stop a 5' 2" kid from dancing TWICE, and slug out a 16 year old kid. In retrospect it was the funniest show ever.

The Palladium - Meathead Factor: 2/5 Not exactly a club known for having a bad rep. I've been kicked out of the palladium twice (for being stupid) and both times I was treated pretty decent. But they've definently let kids get away with murder there.

Cabot Street / Fat Cats- Meathead Factor: 3/5 I only put this on here because everyone was complaining about it a while back. I only really remember the bouncing staff from Fat Cats, and they were kind of quick to 3 on 1 somebody who really didn't need to be kicked out. They kicked out Jay FeedUsFetus for spraying fart spray, but that was pretty fucking rancid.

The Webster - Meathead Factor: 3/5 Another club full of bouncers looking for a fight. Only difference is the bouncers are really akward, like they're in the middle of a puberty growth spurt, and don't know what to do once they grab some kid for doing absolutely nothing.

toggletoggle post by danny p nli at May 23,2006 9:47am
i voted jarrods because i know those dudes are way sketchier than any other bouncers ive seen. when i happened by this establishment, i didnt witness anything too awful, but they were fucking all ex-con lookin dudes.

toggletoggle post by Affenschwanz at May 23,2006 10:43am
I voted for the Palladium. I especially hate that tall blonde bouncer that wears those ugly ass glasses that my grandfather would wear. That fucker has thrown me out of a Slayer show once and a COA show back in '04

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at May 23,2006 10:46am
xmikex said:
They kicked out Jay FeedUsFetus for spraying fart spray, but that was pretty fucking rancid.

HAHAHAHA

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 23,2006 10:46am
anyone who didn't vote club marquee doesn't know.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 10:50am
the_reverend said:

"YO NIGGA YO NIGGA GO TO THA CAR AN GET MA PEICE!!! YO WUTS UP MAN YOU WANNA DIE YOU WANNA GET BLASTED ON??!!!......Oh yall gonna call the cops....that's what yall white people do *squeeky sounds of a 6' 5" bouncer pedaling away on a huffy bike* "

toggletoggle post by Man_of_the_Century at May 23,2006 10:55am
the_reverend said:

Exactly...

There was one HUGE black guy there that was the shit. He was there for the first few months. Great guy, lots of laughs and didn't care what you did as long as no person or object was damaged. Then he left (or was fired), and the fags they had after him sucked worse than being naked at a gay bar, covered in honey.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 23,2006 11:04am
that was the guy that used to give people piggy back rides and stuff. he once took my knife and then it took me like 30 minutes waiting after to get it back... after 30 minutes of waiting, I had to sit through a 15 minute lecture.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 11:42am
you thug.

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at May 23,2006 11:59am
Im not gonna vote because Ive never had a problem with bouncers at any club

toggletoggle post by pisscup at May 23,2006 12:08pm
I voted for the Palladium. They kicked me out THREE TIMES for smoking crack in the bathroom. Thanks guys. Way to harsh my mellow.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 12:10pm
Jugulator said:
Im not gonna vote because Ive never had a problem with bouncers at any club

am I right?

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at May 23,2006 12:13pm
I have no clue what that photo is trying to mean

toggletoggle post by pisscup at May 23,2006 12:38pm
Jugulator said:
I have no clue what that photo is trying to mean

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at May 23,2006 1:17pm
palladium staff lets people get away with WAY too much. i almost got stomped by 3 kids and some faggot pulled my hair because i got infront of two tough guys that were trying to quintuple team some little mall goth. i got pulled to the ground by my hair and i blocked 3 people's weak stomps. then the bouncer came and proceeded to KICK ME OUT. like 20 people around me started yelling at the bouncer saying that i wasnt doing shit and was actually trying to help out some 5'4'' kid and save him fromt getting his shit pushed in... the bouncer then proceeded to tell me "go up to the balcony or you'll get killed". he didnt do his job. he just wanted to look cool for his gay metalcore tough guy buddies. this was metal fest 6 i think... the one where suffocation first reunited. i didnt get to see suffo because i was so fucking pissed off at the bullshit they let happen. i havent been to a metal fest since. i've been back to the palladium like... 3 times since too. fucking dump.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at May 23,2006 1:19pm
also... that huge black guy that used to bounce at club marquee was like 6'7''... he was huge and was actually really chill and funny.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at May 23,2006 1:21pm
CLUB MARQUEE - hands down!!! Lloyd is a sweel guy n all but shit guy, how's yer leadership skills? Pretty fucking shitty if you ask me. I've had the displeasure of playing 4 shows there. The last straw was at the brutal domination tour with Internal Suffering. Those big black bouncers were kicking out the latinos left and right for playing air guitar. The best was when lil Oscar called ralph at the back of the club. The bouncers proceeded to sit him down in a chair on the sidewalk and constantly dumped 5 gallon buckets of water all over the dude. Oscar was sitting there spitting it back at them. Afterwards they all circled me and all I heard was "Mang, I fookin hate neegars!!"

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 23,2006 1:21pm
hahahahahahaha that picture is awesome. that big black dude from Club Marque looked like Carl Winslow

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 23,2006 1:22pm
Lloyd was trying to get us to agree to tour Europe and he would finance it. right.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at May 23,2006 1:27pm
Yeti said:
Lloyd was trying to get us to agree to tour Europe and he would finance it. right.

he gives everybody the same speal...
"what i do is i take 12 bands, 6 punk, 6 metal, we're going to london, oslo, madrid, paris.....i don't mind hard drugs like cocaine, please call me"

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at May 23,2006 1:27pm
it really depends on the bouncer at the palladium. ive been thrown out of there countless times for fighting. the funniest time was definitely the analcunt/hatebreed incident. most of the time they were pretty nice about it and have helped me out on a couple of occasions. scott lee has even told bouncers to let me back in after knocking someone out cold at the bar.

jarrods place bouncers were the worst. i was at a DRI show once and all they did was stand on the edge of the pit smacking people. i did a flying elbow tito santana style to his face and he left me alone for the rest of the night.

marks showplace bouncers were huge idiots as well. i didnt see them get violent but they were kicking certain people out for pretty much no reason.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at May 23,2006 1:31pm
I went with Jarrods, though Club Marquee was RIGHT behind there.

I've never had any problems with the palladium's bouncers.

toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at May 23,2006 1:42pm
xmikex said:

The Tank aka The h20 aka The Atlantic Lounge: Meathead Factor: 5/5 Nothing redeemable about this club whatsoever, obviously a front for drug deals, and God knows what. The bouncers were friends with all the local cops, and got away with whatever they wanted. I almost spent a weekend in jail because some King Kong Bundy looking motherfucker didn't like my guitarist's t-shirt. He also attempted to chase the kid around the club, and threatened to "drown him in the ocean."

Oh the good times we had. Your guitarist goes out on the lam. The waitresses were cunts. I puke on my hand. You show us your underwear. And the only paying customers to the show were the family of Cruelty Divine. Awesome time and place!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 23,2006 1:56pm
gd..was everyone there for the hatebreed/ac incident?
I was standing right next to seth when the "call for blood" went out on him for flipping HB off. I had come up expecting to see AC.

I don't remember anything happening.. butI know I watched part of hb's set. then I ran down stairs to check out the band down there, came back up and seth was on the ground with cops cuffing him and some girl was yelling at the cops not to hurt him. it's all sort of a blur.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 2:00pm
i saw the video of the hb/ac fight. my favorite part is when 5 minutes after the fact the cops come in and arrest some random black guy who had nothing to do with anything.

"lol"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 23,2006 2:03pm
I walked out of the room for the actual "fight"
when I walked out, it didn't seem like anything was going to happen.

I don't remember who was with seth flipping them off... there were like 2 or 3 people. I think seth was running his mouth about label politics and stuff... or maybe that was jasta on stage. I forget. I remember that HB put up a stink and got removed from headlining the third stage to headlining the second stage.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 2:04pm
notorious_D.U.G. said:
xmikex said:

Oh the good times we had. Your guitarist goes out on the lam. The waitresses were cunts. I puke on my hand. You show us your underwear. And the only paying customers to the show were the family of Cruelty Divine. Awesome time and place!!!

quotes of the night
"We don't know any Pearl Jam covers. We play this because some people don't like regular music." - DOUG

"DUDE! YOUR BAALLLLLLLLS ARE SHOWING" - Dusty @ Me

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 23,2006 2:10pm
oh man, that's right, the misfits were playing downstairs. I watched it for a second and then came back upstairs and the fight was over. man, the misfits sucked so bad.
http://www.bostonphoenix.com/archive/music...rex/new_england_metal_hardcore.html

all the reviews I'm reading leave out that jasta put out a "call for blood" on the person flipping them off and no one did anything. now, the call for blood usually goes out for molesters or something

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at May 23,2006 2:18pm
the_reverend said:
gd..was everyone there for the hatebreed/ac incident?
I was standing right next to seth when the "call for blood" went out on him for flipping HB off. I had come up expecting to see AC.

I don't remember anything happening.. butI know I watched part of hb's set. then I ran down stairs to check out the band down there, came back up and seth was on the ground with cops cuffing him and some girl was yelling at the cops not to hurt him. it's all sort of a blur.

jamey smacked seth and he fell because he was beyond loaded. i went to help seth off of the ground and got "attacked" by jamey and a bunch of hatebreed fans. me, and maybe three or four of my friends started fighting people coming at us. it was funny because it was the weakest punches i have ever felt and nothing left a scratch on any of us. i did get a couple good punches to jameys face before he ran out back. random people just started fighting after that and one of the bouncers got hit in the face pretty bad. it was very chaotic and over fast. nobody really got beat up and the bouncer got it the worst. everyone got kicked out of the upstairs and seth got arrested for being assaulted. that was pretty much it. that was a long time ago.

toggletoggle post by mOe NLI at May 23,2006 4:23pm
Love it or leave it. Social Darwinism, people.

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at May 23,2006 8:55pm
Seems like you dopes that had problems with the bouncers were the problem and not them.Maybe you should lay off the booze and drugs and try to act your ages.

toggletoggle post by notorious_D.U.G. at May 23,2006 9:09pm
shut up stupid.

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at May 23,2006 9:30pm
HEY HEY HEY HEY
HEY Stupid

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 23,2006 10:45pm
i should really lay off the booze..... OH and the drugs.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at May 23,2006 10:56pm
Jugulator said:
Maybe you should lay off the booze and drugs and try to act your ages.

And end up as Don Johnson's sidekick??? Not fucking likely pal.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 24,2006 7:59am
pisscup said:

And end up as Don Johnson's sidekick??? Not fucking likely pal.

zing.

toggletoggle post by jakeman at May 24,2006 12:35pm
fat cats staff has been and always will be a joke. the fart spray was hilarious watching one manicured / eyebrow-waxed latino bouncer (complete-with-rolled-up-sleeves-to accentuate-his-fantastic-biceps) try to figure what the hell just happened / stop himself from throwing up all over everyone.

in the past 5 years, the palladium bounce staff has gotten progressively yah-dude-ier as time passed. granted, i haven't been to the palladium in a year or so, but i remember at one point the staff was comprised of a handful of worcester hardcore locals and one or two gym meatsacks. if you had a friend on the staff, you could more than likely get away with murder...on the other hand if you were a total n00b to the palladium you were already being watched. hope con / daughters 2003, i watched one 5'7 140lb kid get body slammed for yelling at someone who pushed HIM. i hear the bounce staff for the palladium now consists of the highschool football team.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 24,2006 1:52pm
haha Main Street Worcester comprises 50% of the votes thus far.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][8:04:11pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02010 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]