New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> What's the difference? by King Kong Kunt on May 13,2006 10:14pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by King Kong Kunt at May 13,2006 10:14pm
What the hell is the difference between Atheism and Nihilism?

Yeah yeah yeah, I can check google and wikipedia, but I wanna hear it from The Lords Of RTTP!

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at May 13,2006 10:41pm
Atheism is when you dont believe in Jesus.And I have no clue what Nihilism is.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 10:49pm
nihilism is believing in nothingness.

toggletoggle post by nick   at May 13,2006 11:15pm
Where the hotties tonight?

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 11:20pm edited May 13,2006 11:21pm
I may be off...

atheism is when people don't believe in religion

nihilism is when people don't believe in existence.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at May 13,2006 11:59pm
Jugulator said:
Atheism is when you dont believe in Jesus.

so jews are atheists? no.
an atheist is simply one who follows no religion.

from what i understand, a nihilist is one who believes that everything, especially humanity and man-made things, is meaningless.

toggletoggle post by craigforacurse  at May 14,2006 12:00am
Ryan_M said:
Jugulator said:
Atheism is when you dont believe in Jesus.

so jews are atheists? no.
an atheist is simply one who follows no religion.

from what i understand, a nihilist is one who believes that everything, especially humanity and man-made things, is meaningless.

bingo

toggletoggle post by weymouthdoug   at May 14,2006 12:03am edited May 14,2006 12:03am
these guys are nihilists

toggletoggle post by INFECT  at May 14,2006 2:26am
vee believe in nathink

toggletoggle post by King Kong Kunt at May 14,2006 10:07am
I get it now.

As a side note, Flea should be in more movies. All I can remember him in is The Chase, The Big lebowski, and Back to the Future (III?).

toggletoggle post by baptizedinresin  at May 14,2006 3:46pm
iv always been pretty sure he was the guy licking lsd off of johnny depps arm in fear and loathing in las vegas

toggletoggle post by baptizedinresin  at May 14,2006 3:47pm
iv always been pretty sure he was the guy licking lsd off of johnny depps arm in fear and loathing in las vegas

toggletoggle post by Dar at May 14,2006 4:30pm
someone who doesn't have any religious beliefs is an agnostic
an atheist is someone who doesn't just question the existence of god but outright denies it

kinda subtle difference but pretty important if you think about it

nihilism's complicated but yeah you could very basically say that it's the belief that nothing matters in any sense

toggletoggle post by King Kong Kunt at May 14,2006 7:18pm
baptizedinresin said:

yeah, thats one of my favorite parts of that movie. I learned today that Flea's real name is Michael Balzary. Horray for pointless trivia!

toggletoggle post by GoatOfCatalyst at May 14,2006 7:23pm
he was also in the original Suburbia (great movie - fuck the remake)

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at May 14,2006 7:47pm
King Kong Kunt said:
I get it now.

As a side note, Flea should be in more movies. All I can remember him in is The Chase, The Big lebowski, and Back to the Future (III?).

He was in 'Dudes', but youre prolly too young to know anything pre 85.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at May 14,2006 8:15pm
I believe that the ultimate difference is that Nihilist believe that it is absolutely ludacris and rediculous to believe that there is an existence of anything that is more superior than man, and athiest just deny that there is a god.

toggletoggle post by retzam at May 14,2006 9:23pm
Flea also did the monkey kid's voice in The Wild Thornberry's, probably the only really good cartoon Nikelodeon ever had after those first one's that we all loved so much. Well, I forget that there are a lot of people on here that are too old to have grown up with Ren And Stimpy and Rocko.

toggletoggle post by retzam at May 14,2006 9:26pm
Nihilism, from what I've read and heard, seems to be little more than an excuse to take without giving and otherwise completely ignore morality. People who are righteous assholes seem to convince themselves that it's OK to be a douche, because they are nihilists. Not to say all nihilists are like this. I'm sure some people make it work...

toggletoggle post by retzam at May 14,2006 9:35pm
It's strange though, because, I bet there isn't one person in the world who isn't nihilist about something, whether it be social customs, pointless traditions. Who knows. I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. But it seems that there are a lot of people who read Nietche, and for some reason come out of it with the impression that "nihilism is good", whereas, Nietche's (am I spelling his name right) big beef with Christianity (as well as lots of other religions) was that it is a pretty nihilistic religion, all but obliterating the value and importance of life on Earth with a promise of a much more redeeming and substantial afterlife. He didn't really preach nihilism, but people think he did because they don't realize that he said a LOT of things just for shock value, so the reader would think "Wait, that's ludicrous, and Nietche knows it, and now I know it too". I need to fucking stop ranting on this board.

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at May 15,2006 2:25am
Atheiesim is one without any religion taken from the latin "a" which means not and the suffix theos, which I think means religion. As for Nihlism, just watch the big lebowski

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][12:53:40am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01200 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]