New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> May 12th @ the tiger's den - recap thread. by the_reverend on May 12,2006 9:51pm
Add To All Your Pages!
May 12, 2006 Tiger's Den (Brockton, Ma)
au_pair - 2006-05-12
Au Pair(34)
flash animated slider show
a_terrible_night_for_a_curse - 2006-05-12
A Terrible Night For A Curse(31)
beat_to_death - 2006-05-12
Beat To Death(24)
dour_cursiva - 2006-05-12
Dour Cursiva(61)
in_dire_need - 2006-05-12
In Dire Need(73)
randomshots - 2006-05-12
Randomshots(2)
rohis - 2006-05-12
Rohis(71)
the_departed - 2006-05-12
The Departed(54)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 12,2006 9:51pm
in flames: didn't play any of their songs that I liked... Er... Wait.. The drummer had dreds too? WTF! That wasn't in flames at all, it was a terrible night for a curse. the vocals were soooo high. I told them to turn the guitars up which made I better, but it was still really loud. I made things better for once.

beat to death: I sounded a little like the upon crimson wings-ish sweedish influence, but mixed with soilent green sounding stoner riffs. They stood really far from each other on that stage.

au pair: everyone in this bands needs to have the same hair cut. they sounded just like shallows and flats except for one of the guitarists played a lot of "sweeps" a term that I was taught tonight. Also, the drumming wasn't as crazy as s&f. Josh (desperado) flung his guitar around in the audience, but didn't hit any one. The whole thing was over in about 7 minutes.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at May 12,2006 9:55pm
the_reverend said:
in flames: except for one of the guitarists played a lot of "sweeps" a term that I was taught tonight.

Damn man! sounds like a fun place to play, not many venues have been letting me have my broom with me on stage. They say i have either my choice of guitar or broom, so sweeps during a coffin birth set are quite seldom.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 12:37am edited May 13,2006 12:38am
Au Pair was fucking awsome.

I wasn't expecting such a wild presence.

They were going nuts, everyone liked it.

One of the guitarist's knobs fell off and I picked it up and said he dropped it and he said 'here have some more' and ripped off his other knob and threw it haha.

fun show.

every band did pretty good except for mine. I wasn't happy with alot of my playing, and for one of the songs I used the wrong guitar so my tuning was wack.

a little fight broke out but didn't turn into anything big.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at May 13,2006 12:40am
Damn it i wanted to go to this, i ended up doing nothing at home cause i had to drive all the way to Malden to put a deposit down on a car im buying, and didnt get back till after 8! Too late to have gone to this show, damn it!

toggletoggle post by nyckz0r  at May 13,2006 12:45am
Are you waiting until tomorrow to put up the pictures?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 1:01am
um.. I live 2 hours from brockton so I'm still driving home.
the rain here is nuts!

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at May 13,2006 1:04am
pwned nick, you little bitch.

toggletoggle post by Joshua Au Pair at May 13,2006 1:05am
nick..didnt you leave the show at like 9?

toggletoggle post by nyckz0r  at May 13,2006 1:05am
eat my shit, cuntrug.

toggletoggle post by nyckz0r  at May 13,2006 1:05am
yeah, something like that.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at May 13,2006 1:15am
i need to find that departed cd

toggletoggle post by NICK HASKELL. at May 13,2006 1:16am
fuck that mic i was using GRRR.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at May 13,2006 1:21am
josh josh brought the mosh.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at May 13,2006 1:23am
the mic reminded me of the gun john mcclane uses at the end of die hard

toggletoggle post by NICK HASKELL. at May 13,2006 1:25am
AU PAIR - http://www.myspace.com/theaupair

yeeeeeah plugging my band woooo.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 1:46am
pictures in a minute

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 13,2006 1:50am
THE DEPARTED OWNED THAT SHOW.

dour cursiva did great as usual when i see them. brian dc is by far the best gtr player ive seen around here in a while. that dood is such a fucking nerd.

toggletoggle post by aterribleguitarist  at May 13,2006 1:51am
the_reverend said:
in flames: didn't play any of their songs that I liked... Er... Wait.. The drummer had dreds too? WTF! That wasn't in flames at all, it was a terrible night for a curse. the vocals were soooo high. I told them to turn the guitars up which made I better, but it was still really loud. I made things better for once.

IN FLAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!...I liked it better when you thought we sounded like slipknot

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 13,2006 1:59am
this is greg from btd. what the fuck? i knew that i didnt move that much but i didnt realize that i actually didnt move one single inch the entire time we were playing. im glad daves bald head any my goofy ass shoes were the photographic stars of our set. im not gonna lie i was nervous like a little boy on his first scouting trip, this is the first show ive played in like 4 years and our first show as a band.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at May 13,2006 2:00am
when did the crowbar singer join the band. goddamn! gym membership here i come

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 13,2006 2:01am
nah man like ive been saying you have to get huge and fat. fat dudes in metal bands own.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 2:01am
the inflames joke was cause of craig's new doo.

greg: yeah, you guys looked really nervous. the most action was dave sweating.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 13,2006 2:02am
whiskey_weed_and_women said:
THE DEPARTED OWNED THAT SHOW.

dour cursiva did great as usual when i see them. brian dc is by far the best gtr player ive seen around here in a while. that dood is such a fucking nerd.

awww, be still my heart.

toggletoggle post by gregbtd at May 13,2006 2:03am
it was a close tie between dave sweating and my ass sweating. like i said i was nervous im not gonna lie, its been a long time haha. i couldnt hear andy either so i just stared at his guitar so that id know where i was in the song. i think his girlfriend and her friend thought i was checking them out the whole set.

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at May 13,2006 2:04am
i blink and i start sweating now haha

toggletoggle post by gregbtd at May 13,2006 2:06am
how come nobody told me i have a beard? i had no clue till i just looked at the pictures. automata shirt? hells yea, wore it for matt richards who was gonan come check us out. my shoes and daves sweat scared him off though.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 13,2006 2:10am
brian_dc said:

awww, be still my heart.

hey shut the fuck up and learn voodoo child, bitch !

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 13,2006 2:11am
on it

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 13,2006 2:11am
but it will have to be wahless...I haven't picked up my wah from murph's basement in about 3 or 4 years.

toggletoggle post by Joshtruction   at May 13,2006 2:11am
I want to thank all the kids that actually stuck around and danced thier fucking hearts out for IDN.

au pair = || close to taking my head off. I loved it! Thanks for the cd guys!

Good show everyone. I had fun

toggletoggle post by metalguy at May 13,2006 2:16am edited May 13,2006 2:16am
I am really drunk and I hate you all... I hope the show was fun because I couldn't be there. Fuck music.. It is a bad thing to get into if you are susceptible to heartbreak.. Some day you will get herpes and aids.. and then die. I don't know why I did this to myself but whatever I will hit "Qik Reply" anyways.

toggletoggle post by metalguy at May 13,2006 2:17am
MTR is quality by the way,, I think,, listen to them fuck you
www.myspace.com/movetherabbit

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 2:22am
departed, the: for a band that hasn't played together in a month or whatever, they were pretty together. The moved around the stage constantly like normal. I "did" the song for them, but it was more like I just turned on one of the mics. I pretty much rule for that.

Dour Cursiva: they started of rocking like a huricane, but it took a song for their sound to come together. In the beginning, it sounded like the mics were cutting out and brain's amazing foot pedal thing (with a serial connector to it) kept getting flipped over. After that, they sounded like normal.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 2:24am
rohis: most of the set was hilarious. from tboner drunk, yelling that he loves boners to colin kicking the disco lights on. The music started off sounding deathgrindy. More like TYAG, but as the set went along it got a lot more slammy so the kids could dance to it. This was the first time people danced. Tboner was really drunk at this point and Colin was tossing tape balls at him. with tboner getting tossed around and dancing hard, the band and the crowd were sort of wtf.. Is the set over?

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 13,2006 2:24am
the_reverend said:
departed, the: the band owned everyone who stepped foot in that club tonight !

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 2:25am
too many nicks..
it's like the name nick is the new sarah, which was the new joe.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 2:33am
in dire need: damn, they get more and more brutal each time I see them. I keep thinking "they are back!" each time I catch them that they are as good as they used to be and then they get better. joey even held a brave face on stage when I told him that even though we are both now singing for the red chord, it's going to be the rev chord cause the ninja chord just doesn't work. not too many people stayed after tboner's mosh crusade, but the people that did moshed it up hard for them. at some point, colin pulled tboner out of the club to chill outside.

toggletoggle post by gregbtd at May 13,2006 2:33am
did anyone see laos sick corvette in the parking lot? he let me sit in it and pretend that i was driving, but due to my driving record he wouldnt actually let me take it out of the parking lot.

toggletoggle post by cav at May 13,2006 2:37am
this was an awesome show. thanks niccolai for having us, we will have to bring you guys down RI sometime soon. by the way, i look like such a douche bag in these pictures.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 7:37am
not a douche, but you were making some hilarious faces.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at May 13,2006 9:56am
that was a great show, thanks niccolai for setting the show up.
thanks for coming sean. the au pair was incredible.

craig has blonde hair

toggletoggle post by cav at May 13,2006 10:17am
the_reverend said:
not a douche, but you were making some hilarious faces.

ya i cant control it, i wish i could. haha

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 10:18am
cause you'd do it all the time? would people notice?
*zing*

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 13,2006 10:24am
every band that I thought I'd enjoy was good (IDN & aupair) plus Rohis put on an incredibly fun set. I don't like when bands run around on the floor with wireless setups though. unless your name is terrence, and you're in Ascendency, and you're bust a solo on the hood of someone's car, something about it just bugs me.

aupair was great. very very very Discordance Axis. Nick (vocals) seemed a little unsure of himself at times. maybe because the vocals kept cutting out. and nick (guitar) needs a longer chord. they were a lot of fun to watch.

some bands played after them for way too long. very talented bands that can't write more than 1 breakdown. dour cursiva did some stuff vocally that i thought was pretty nuts.

I can't believe Tom got that drunk so fast. I can't believe that kid actually appologized to him.

IDN will always be fun. My favorite set of theirs is still the very first one at the SDC reunion. As I Lay Here Undying is my song because there are only 3 real straightedge kids on the planet: Joe Neto, Josh Conrad, and myself. Anyone who takes that mic from me is dead.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 10:38am edited May 13,2006 10:43am
xmikex said:
Rohis put on an incredibly fun set. I don't like when bands run around on the floor with wireless setups though. unless your name is terrence, and you're in Ascendency, and you're bust a solo on the hood of someone's car, something about it just bugs me.

It's kindof funny because I always HATE when I'm seeing a band and people using wireless systems go into the pit and shit.. but I still did it. not sure why.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 10:41am
My playing was a little sloppy and for one of the songs I used the wrong guitar so I was flat.

Other then that, what did everyone think of the music? we were shooting for kindof a mix between Glass Casket and dead blue sky if that makes sense.

criticism is welcome.

toggletoggle post by gregbtd at May 13,2006 10:44am
dude your face is a little sloppy. thats ok though, my hand was cramped so i couldnt hardly play half the shit i usually do. i still think i have the record though for the least amount of working fingers and the most amount of bass strings. thats a 2 fully working left finger to 6 string ratio. so i win, even if i do suck haha

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 13,2006 10:58am
niccolai said:
My playing was a little sloppy and for one of the songs I used the wrong guitar so I was flat.

Other then that, what did everyone think of the music? we were shooting for kindof a mix between Glass Casket and dead blue sky if that makes sense.

criticism is welcome.

Overall, you guys played really tight, more like a band that's played about 50 shows than one that has played however many you've had.

But I feel like I could tell what riffs you wrote and the riffs someone else wrote and I liked all of what I assumed to be yours and thought the other ones weren't bad, just a bit generic. So I think you need to dominate your band situation more...haha.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 11:01am
that's what alot of people have told me, lol

You can pretty much pick out the slams/trem picking I write from the other guitarists more metalcoreish breakdowns, ect.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 13,2006 11:21am
xmikex said:
every band that I thought I'd enjoy was good (IDN & aupair) plus Rohis put on an incredibly fun set. I don't like when bands run around on the floor with wireless setups though. unless your name is terrence, and you're in Ascendency, and you're bust a solo on the hood of someone's car, something about it just bugs me.

aupair was great. very very very Discordance Axis. Nick (vocals) seemed a little unsure of himself at times. maybe because the vocals kept cutting out. and nick (guitar) needs a longer chord. they were a lot of fun to watch.

some bands played after them for way too long. very talented bands that can't write more than 1 breakdown. dour cursiva did some stuff vocally that i thought was pretty nuts.

I can't believe Tom got that drunk so fast. I can't believe that kid actually appologized to him.

IDN will always be fun. My favorite set of theirs is still the very first one at the SDC reunion. As I Lay Here Undying is my song because there are only 3 real straightedge kids on the planet: Joe Neto, Josh Conrad, and myself. Anyone who takes that mic from me is dead.

were you the dood in the brujeria shirt

toggletoggle post by craigforacurse  at May 13,2006 11:33am
this show ruled. the sound was rough at times but it was alot of fun. THE DEPARTED PWNED THIS SHOW. thanks for coming out sean, niccolai for putting it on, and all the other people that watched us. im still pissed in flames didnt play beyond space.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 13,2006 11:51am
and nothing off whoralce or jester race.
plus, when they played pinballmap, no BOING AT ALL.

xmikex was the ˇmatandogeurras!

toggletoggle post by Joshua Au Pair at May 13,2006 12:25pm
nice review aaron. this was our second show. first with new bass player. last time we practiced was april 22nd, so i dont think we did too bad. i am sure youll be seeing us some good shows soon. ::cough cough anal cunt cough cough::

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 13,2006 12:35pm

no, i was the dude in the totally awesome brujeria shirt.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 13,2006 12:42pm

and FYI dude. i just played your band on the computer and michael jackson on the radio at the same time to wake up my girlfriend. it totally worked.

toggletoggle post by gregbtd at May 13,2006 12:42pm
im glad we got a chance to play with some awesome bands for our first show.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 13,2006 1:01pm
Can I just also add that I thought it was pretty lame that a bunch of lame gay poser assholes left the show before IDN. I mean I guess I can't really expect much from a bunch of already lame and already gay poser assholes to do anything besides be gay and lame, but I still thought it was both gay...and lame. I don't see how a bunch of kids can get excited for a band like Rohis and then leave before In Dire Need. Kids like that make booking, and playing shows a huge pain in the ass. And it's a real shame they didn't stick around because THEY MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY LEARNED SOMETHING besides new ways to jock mosh.

toggletoggle post by nick   at May 13,2006 1:07pm
@mike:
yeah i was really upset about that mic cutting out, but there was still a lot more movement than the last ken haskell show haha. thx for comming out and whatnot.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 1:38pm
xmikex said:
Can I just also add that I thought it was pretty lame that a bunch of lame gay poser assholes left the show before IDN. I mean I guess I can't really expect much from a bunch of already lame and already gay poser assholes to do anything besides be gay and lame, but I still thought it was both gay...and lame. I don't see how a bunch of kids can get excited for a band like Rohis and then leave before In Dire Need. Kids like that make booking, and playing shows a huge pain in the ass. And it's a real shame they didn't stick around because THEY MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY LEARNED SOMETHING besides new ways to jock mosh.

+1. I strongly agree. My band was pissed at me because I didn't help them load any equiptment due to me checking out IDN's set. They deserved a full house.

toggletoggle post by Anders Friden at May 13,2006 1:47pm
the_reverend said:
and nothing off whoralce or jester race.
plus, when they played pinballmap, no BOING AT ALL.

you make me want to shave my head

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 13,2006 1:50pm
so you leave your equipment there for 20 minutes while the last band (who's been there the whole show, and watched ALL the bands) plays their set. wheeling your gear out through the floor during a band's set is just about the rudest thing another band can do. i know this because eastcide did it to my band once, and they're fucking LOSERS.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 1:54pm edited May 13,2006 1:56pm
xmikex said:
Wheeling your gear out through the floor during a band's set is just about the rudest thing another band can do. i know this because eastcide did it to my band once, and they're fucking LOSERS.

My fault, I just wheeled my amp and shit to the storage room, I didn't think they'd want all my shit in their way. I wasn't even thinking it would be interpreted as offensive, I figured they would appreciate me getting it out of their way.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at May 13,2006 3:33pm
IDN new mp3's are great, awesome quality too

toggletoggle post by jrb2971nli at May 13,2006 4:48pm
craig's hair do rules, sly's spliked belt is kvlt! (the atnfac shirt is very kvltish also!)

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 13,2006 4:48pm
being hungry for shit = tr00

toggletoggle post by nyckz0r nli at May 13,2006 5:41pm
Hey Mike, did you guys ever play that basement show? I forgot to ask you last night - I had a million things going on.

toggletoggle post by forkey at May 13,2006 5:41pm
i left to get beer but when i got back IDN just finished their set. kinda pissed i missed it

toggletoggle post by tbone_r nli at May 13,2006 8:26pm
i'm still not sure how i got home last night. nick tells me some dude who i know doesn't have a license/car, so i don't believe him. if i was involved in the 'almost fight' I apologize, i thought i got kicked out before them. did i get to hear the sea's on fire? that's my jam.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 13,2006 8:40pm
xmikex said:

and FYI dude. i just played your band on the computer and michael jackson on the radio at the same time to wake up my girlfriend. it totally worked.

we do what we can, we are headache music

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at May 13,2006 10:54pm
tbone_r nli said:
if i was involved in the 'almost fight' I apologize, i thought i got kicked out before them.

involved or not, you were funny as hell. haha

and yea, I'm pretty sure you were there when they played worldly neglect.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r nli at May 14,2006 12:33am
i saw that picture of me playing air guitar and figured i must of had a pretty good time.

toggletoggle post by Kevelar at May 14,2006 1:01am
OMG RYAN FROM IN DIREN EED IS SO HOT

toggletoggle post by Dave Maggot at May 14,2006 3:28am
good times good times!

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at May 15,2006 1:44pm

Craig for a Curse picture I took Friday night.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 15,2006 1:44pm
ahahahaha

toggletoggle post by craigforacurse  at May 15,2006 1:59pm
hahahaha hohohoho you all are too funny. remember when people reviewed bands because of how they played, not their singer's "new doo"? maybe ill kill Anders and be his dopple ganger

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at May 15,2006 2:01pm
ohhhhhh craigy come on, it's FUNNY!!!

toggletoggle post by Joshua Au Pair at May 15,2006 10:03pm
yeah...why did our review involve a hair comment?

i didnt get it at all.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at May 15,2006 10:06pm
look at all the fun i missed.

toggletoggle post by Nyckz0r  at May 16,2006 12:17am
pooplocks

toggletoggle post by babyshaker not logged in at May 16,2006 11:28am
its kool to see good metal shows so close to me for once

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Everlasting Hideous Ceremonies
[default homepage] [print][6:24:49am Mar 29,2024
load time 3.26070 secs/33 queries]
[search][refresh page]