New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Is it just me or is this person a fuckin idiot? by anonymous on May 6,2006 10:02pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 6,2006 10:02pm
Twilight: Twilight

Twilight are somewhat of a black metal supergroup, as the members (Wrest, Malefic, Hildolf, Imperial, and Azentrius) have all been around the scene for a bit under various other names and in a few different bands. While I'm all for new acts in the genre trying something different and breaking the mold, it's hard to fathom just what Twilight are trying to accomplish here. Sure, there are some interesting and crushing guitar parts to be heard on some of the songs ("Exact Agony, Take Life" and "Larval Liaise"), but overall the vocals are just plain hideous throughout, sounding either way under-mixed or just plain old incomprehensible and garbled. When you have plenty of brutal black metal bands like Dimmu Borgir, Dragonlord, and Cradle of Filth churning out sophisticated product these days, it's hard to listen to something like this, which sounds so amateurish. The songs are uninteresting, lack any kind of dynamics or power, and the production is awful. Even the addition of synths on some of the songs doesn't help matters much, but I certainly wondered how a song like "As the March of Worms" might have sounded with at least half-way decent vocals. If Twilight has dreams of becoming the next Emperor, they had better get back to the drawing board and quick

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=3075
is the link if u wana c it in context

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at May 6,2006 10:25pm
"When you have plenty of brutal black metal bands like Dimmu Borgir, Dragonlord, and Cradle of Filth churning out sophisticated product these days, it's hard to listen to something like this..."

this statement is kinda dumb. i admit, i'm a fan of cradle of filth and dimmu borgir, but i don't consider them "brutal" in any sense of the word, and sophisticated is not a word i would use to describe either one. cradle of filth especially seem more tongue-in-cheek than sophisticated.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 6,2006 10:26pm
i love that twilight record and i HATE fucking black metal

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at May 6,2006 11:03pm
Another n00b metal critic who values budget, production, and glitz over talent and concept. Go back to Coldplay and Pearl Jam.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at May 7,2006 3:00am
you're just a fuckin idiot.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 7,2006 3:11am
k good to know just makin sure

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at May 7,2006 3:43am
black metal = \m/

toggletoggle post by wade at May 7,2006 10:22am
retarded review.

toggletoggle post by Troll at May 8,2006 8:00am edited May 8,2006 8:01am
anonymous said:
Twilight: Twilight

Twilight are somewhat of a black metal supergroup, as the members (Wrest, Malefic, Hildolf, Imperial, and Azentrius) have all been around the scene for a bit under various other names and in a few different bands. While I'm all for new acts in the genre trying something different and breaking the mold, it's hard to fathom just what Twilight are trying to accomplish here. Sure, there are some interesting and crushing guitar parts to be heard on some of the songs ("Exact Agony, Take Life" and "Larval Liaise"), but overall the vocals are just plain hideous throughout, sounding either way under-mixed or just plain old incomprehensible and garbled. When you have plenty of brutal black metal bands like Dimmu Borgir, Dragonlord, and Cradle of Filth churning out sophisticated product these days, it's hard to listen to something like this, which sounds so amateurish. The songs are uninteresting, lack any kind of dynamics or power, and the production is awful. Even the addition of synths on some of the songs doesn't help matters much, but I certainly wondered how a song like "As the March of Worms" might have sounded with at least half-way decent vocals. If Twilight has dreams of becoming the next Emperor, they had better get back to the drawing board and quick

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=3075
is the link if u wana c it in context

I recall seeing an article with Wrest saying the Twilight project pretty much sucked.

Oh yea, Dimmu fuckin sucks.

Varg Vikernes gets picked up before he can assasinate DB @ a live concert...So the rumor goes.

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at May 8,2006 9:48am
Dimmu Borgir is not brutal. They suck donkey nuts.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at May 8,2006 9:50am
pretty shitty review. i hate it when all these metal writers, can't write for shit.

toggletoggle post by wade at May 8,2006 10:20am edited May 8,2006 10:35am
it's a horrible review whether you like the Twilight album or not. His justifications for ripping the record show he knows nothing about BM (counter)-kvlture.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 8,2006 10:32am
Dimmu fucking rules, but to coin them as "brutal" is just uneducated. and Cradle of Filth doesnt deserve any title but "dogshit"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][2:02:04pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01393 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]