New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Brian Moore Guitars anyone? (guitarists please) by Newbee on Apr 22,2006 2:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 22,2006 2:50pm
hey all,

i'm shopping for a new guitar. And this brand Brian Moore does it for me. The only thing is I don't know which model to get. Not many metal players use them but I really like the way they look. I found a few artists that endorsed this guitar: Jack Owen (Cannibal) used an MC/1, Jeff Wu (Red Tide) used an MC/1 & C-90 7 string, Mike Martin (All that Remains) used a C-90. All of those models are made in the USA custom and well they are beyond my price range.

So I'm looking at these i1000 series and i2000 series. Specifically the i9 model which I found used at a Daddy's junk shop for $650. I played it and loved it but don't know much about them. The sales guy had no clue except that i1000 series are made in China and use cheap wood for the body and generic electronics hence the low cost. the i2000 series are made in Korea and set up in Brewster, NY and use high quality woods and Seymour Duncan electronics. They are a bit more expensive (most of them start at $1000). Plus it seems they are all coming with USB ports and/or 13 pin for MIDI. Plus piezo bridges as an option (i don't care about this).

Any ideas? I'm worried about the quality I guess. And seeing I am no rock star I can not afford a USA custom built Brian Moore.

Some of you admire Jackson guitars made overseas and Ibanez but I really like the feel and design of the Brian Moore, just unsure. Later!

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 22,2006 3:22pm edited Apr 22,2006 3:36pm
EDIT.

I was looking at the wrong guitar before.

I would not spend 650 on this.

Your money would be put to better use in the ESP LTD 1000 or 400 line (possibly MH) Or into a jackson soloist. Both are superstrat shapes with archtop bodies, and similar scale lengths and neck sizes to the moore.

toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 22,2006 3:37pm
so you feel that Brian Mooer i series guitars are not worth the dough then? is there a reason why you feel this way?

Just trying to get honest opinions here. If i could i would buy a used custom USA Brian Moore but even still, they want at least $1800 for one. Brand new? forget it.

I did look into the ESP LTD 1000 and I didn't like it. Sounded good but for me it didn't play as good.
Jackson Soloist is nice but I still like the looks of the Brian Moore. Hmmm.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 22,2006 3:47pm
The Jackson soloist is the exact same thing as the ESP horizon. ESP stole it about 20 years ago haha.

The brian moore guitar is built in china an HHI-owned factory that has poor quality controll (they tend to let guitars out the door that it doesn't matter how well they play as long as they play). As said before, they use cheaper wood to mill costs and high workers for low pay rates.

The hardware is all zinc cast and cheap. Won't stay in tune or resonate as well as a guitar with better hardware.

As stated, cheaper electronics are used to also mill costs. They have pretty crappy output I'm sure. a 650 LTD MH400NT and Jacksons in that price range have mahogany bodies and Active EMG pickups or real seymour duncans.

toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 22,2006 7:08pm
hmmm, so r the Seymours in the i1 model a real cheap version of a real one then? I found a store today that has a i1 model and I loved it. It sounded pretty good through a CARR Slant 6v. I was kinda impressed. But then again it could have been the $2500 amp that made the Brian Moore i1 sound good. The guy at the shop I just came from told me to stay away from the i1000 series at all costs. I guess Brian Moore are pumping out more of these models as they are very cheap to create.

I also tried a Jackson USA SL2H it was called. Awesome but again way out of my price range. I want to spend $1300 tops. Even that is cutting it close. The Brian Moore i1 was $1150 so the price is right. This one is made in Korea. The guy said he will never carry the i1000 series Made in China but Brian Moore is pushing him to carry more of these than the i2000 series. His response was the i1 is a phenomenal guitar for the money even though its made in Korea, he feels the quality is top notch.

I also tried out an ESP LTD Deluxe h-1000 and i really did not like the way it handled.

But the sales guy made me try the Jackson SLSMG Soloist Electric Guitar with EMG Pickups and it wasn't bad, i just don't like the looks...

toggletoggle post by weymouthrock at Apr 22,2006 7:26pm
i smell a rat

toggletoggle post by jonnyrites   at Apr 22,2006 7:57pm
brian moore guitars are awesome...get it.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Apr 22,2006 10:59pm
Ya, this guy stinks to high hell of a salesman pushing Brian Moore guitars. A dirty trick, I say!!

toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 22,2006 11:31pm
geez guys, i'm just trying to get opinions, i'm gonna be spending a lot of money on a new guitar!!!!

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 23,2006 12:52am
get a Carvin. bam.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 23,2006 9:31am
http://www.chrisguitars.com/carv92dc127-bk.jpg

Carvin DC-127, 1992, Carvins are the best value in USA production neck-thru guitars, especially on the secondary market. This one features a Carvin stamped Floyd rose trem--identical to the Original Floyd, and upgraded with EMG-89 (coil splitable 85) in the bridge with a push/pull tone pot for choice of single/humbuckers tones out of the bridge pickup. If you're not a fan of locking nuts but you like to stay in tune when you use trem, this baby is for you - Floyd Rose stays in tune perfectly and matched with Sperzel locking tuners, you have it locked down at both ends. Not mint but nice for a used guitar with a great neck--with Ebony fretboard--nice setup--and killer tone. $499.

http://www.chrisguitars.com/electric.html

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 23,2006 9:42am
+1.

their cali archtops are perfect.

toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 23,2006 1:27pm
Well i went to a different Daddys Junk and I found a PRS CE24 that was in good condition. It looked as if someone may have dropped it a few times as its chipped here and there but it sounded great. They wanted $800 for the thing. Its USA made. They told me they have another PRS CE22 for about $1200 in like new condition but its spoken for.

Not a fan of Carvin since no one has them around here. Can't try it out.

toggletoggle post by Newbee at Apr 23,2006 1:30pm
oh and they had a BEAUTIFUL guitar called a Don Grosh also made in the USA but dear lord they wanted $2000 for it! It looked like a strat but the wood was incredible. It was blue quilted maple top. I am assuming its custom made as I've never heard of the brand.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 23,2006 3:06pm
Saying you're not a fan of Carvin makes it sound like you just don't like them. I'm sure some Guitar Center around here probably has a used one (I know the one on Comm Ave had a 727). $800 for a PRS sounds fishy to me.

toggletoggle post by kok at Apr 23,2006 4:42pm
theyre nice, but theyre super expensive, and you dont get a floyd, and end up paying an extra $200 for a peizo pickup that, if you play metal, you will probably never use.

toggletoggle post by kok at Apr 23,2006 4:43pm
Save your money and buy an ESP M or MH series.....really.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][10:47:17am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01373 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]