New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> do disturbing the peace laws apply in apartment buildings? by niccolai on Apr 18,2006 1:50pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 18,2006 1:50pm
So yea, in my town you can be loud from 10-9 pm

Only thing Is, I live an appartment building, so does that perk still apply to me?

I've had my metal band practicing in my bedroom for a few weeks now and the fat bitch above me in the building keeps bitching and saying she's going to call the cops... What a whore right?

Can I be fined or anything?

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Apr 18,2006 1:52pm
ummm i think they can come and harrass you...since there are residents close to you

i don't know about a fine though...maybe if you do it a bunch of times

toggletoggle post by SteveOTB   at Apr 18,2006 1:52pm
If you have written proof that your town's law says you can be loud from 10AM-9:00PM then you can't get in trouble. If the cop gives you a ticket he's breaking the law and all the lady can really do is bitch. All the cop will be aloud to do is tell you to cut it out.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 18,2006 1:55pm edited Apr 18,2006 1:56pm
What if I stab him in the neck with a shank and a bunch of other cops come? Will I be able to write them a ticket for disturbing my otherwise peaceful band practice?

... think about it.

Is there anything my landlord can do? Other than tell me to stop? Is being to loud an evictable offense? What if I stab him in the neck with a shank and then the samurai kittens come and take me to samurai kitten jail but in reality my landlord is not dead and then I get out of jail and kill him? can they take me back to jail for it or is it like that movie double jeopardy? Did I spell jeopardy wrong?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2006 1:57pm
read your lease.

toggletoggle post by Man_of_the_Century at Apr 18,2006 1:58pm
Depending on your town, there is a limit to how loud you can be. If you go over that, they consider it noise pollution and they'll cite you (and maybe fine you).

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2006 1:59pm
they usually don't fine you unless they have to come out a couple times or you are a dick

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 18,2006 1:59pm
the_reverend said:
read your lease.

It doesn't say anything about samurai kittens OR Tom Cruise I'm pretty sure...

You calling me gay?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2006 2:00pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2006 2:01pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 18,2006 2:01pm

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 18,2006 2:04pm
Exactly, the fact that you are able to 'be loud' at certain times is misleading, as long as the police receive complaints they can ask you to turn down, regardless of what time of day. I've had neighbors call the cops on the guy down the street for playing bagpipes, they werent' too loud but audible for blocks. They showed, and he shut up, there was nothing he could do about it.

My advice: splurge on a jamspace or at least soundproof the fuck out of your bedroom to muffle drum frequencies, treble, etc, the shit that usually bothers people.

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Apr 18,2006 2:11pm
l have had noise complaints against me before in my apt, They can threaten to boot you out if they get to many complaints,It really depends on the landlord of the complex.If the police get involved more than once, yeah you are pretty much gettin booted.Because the landlord won't want them always coming to the complex for stupid shit like that

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 18,2006 5:10pm
I'm just gonna call my boy Tom Cruise and he'll fuck them up

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][9:55:10pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01858 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]