New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> MASTERS OF CHAOS - review by molten man on Apr 10,2006 2:24pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by molten man at Apr 10,2006 2:24pm
at palladium, 4/8 Sat.
1. Despised Icon - who cares... emo - screamo- death (??); amalgamation of a confused and angst ridden generation = no direction.
2. Krisiun - Brazilian trio of raging death... oh man, three of the most savagely technical and brutal extreme musicians I have seen. Like Slayer, but ratcheted up to hyper-intensity. Amazing
3. Behemoth - Polish black/death metal; becoming a true force in the Big Black Metal genre; a step away from pure Black in that it is a bit more accessible yet loses little to none of its credibility/integrity; very dark, and something Arryan/Eastern European in there as well; looked over at one point to see skinheads in full Sieg Heil pose. Alarming, maybe, but taken more as a sign of a commitment to delivering "the message" through pure metal. The rest is up to the listener. They have honed their machine for maximum intensity, perseverance, and impact. A band approaching master status.
4. Morbid Angel - It is such a great moment to behold; the creators of a genre, heads held high one moment for the respect (to and from), heads down the next, like some raging dog-sled team on their way to (or from) ..well you know. The sound was something akin to symphony set to insanity, through a with a massive wall of American Death. The "wall" was all about the melding of four brilliant extreme music minds and musicians, each a pinnacle player, meeting up one moment only to separate the next... difficult to describe the cohesive chaos amongst the aggression. What a cool vibe to be a part of, the mighty Morbid Angel thanking the audience, "Worcester, you have always supported us and for that, we will always be grateful..," and then getting down to showing why they still rule the world of extreme American Death.
...a stunning performance.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 10,2006 2:36pm
http://www.returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=28329
I think you wanted to post in that thread

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 10,2006 2:38pm
I thought that behemoth were a nationalist band too, but then I looked around and I guess they personally aren't. it's hard to be pumping your fist in the air to krisiun and be nationalist. imho.

toggletoggle post by Jugulator at Apr 10,2006 2:44pm
Behemoth were boring that night.Should have had Malevolent Creation or Bolt Thrower open instead

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Apr 10,2006 2:47pm
I guess I should check out Krisiun ,huh?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Splendid Messianic Band
[default homepage] [print][9:41:32am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02818 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]