New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> new band: Arms of Strangers (scream of erida/burn in silence) by the_reverend on Apr 5,2006 12:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2006 12:12pm
It's called In the Arms of Strangers. Ryan (guitar), Pete (drums) and Stephanie from Screams are involved along with Mike Casavant(guitar) from Burn In Silence and Jess Collins who is a great singer/pianist.

So check it out!! Take a listen! http://www.myspace.com/nightmaresdemise

FYI: It's not the same style as Screams so be prepared.
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Burn In Silence

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 5,2006 12:14pm
It's like they found a way to make homosexuality seem gay.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 5,2006 12:16pm
The Evanescenseness of this makes kitty cry.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Apr 5,2006 1:33pm
so the random double kick fills just sounds out of place

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Apr 5,2006 1:34pm
also...the overall drum sound is wrong for this kind of music...you don't need all the click when you're backing up pop...ridiculous

toggletoggle post by mOe nli at Apr 5,2006 1:48pm
i felt the exact same way, Brian
and the music is pretty generic all around, too

toggletoggle post by cav at Apr 5,2006 2:17pm
these songs are so beautiful, they make me rub my vagina...wait...there are 3 guitar players in this TOO!!! this band really needs to stop this shit...either get rid of a guitarist or actually put them to good use.

toggletoggle post by cav at Apr 5,2006 2:22pm
appropriate bio for a side project...Close your eyes and fall In the Arms of Strangers. Submit to a soundscape where acoustic guitars careen under gorgeous vocals. Keyboards and warm electronic tones sew a sonic blanket around vocal lines as they reach beyond the heavens. This Boston trio combines unforgettable choruses and ethereal riffs for an exploration of human emotion unlike anything out there. Darren Cesca's drums provide a percussive palette for guitarist Mike Casavant to musically paint a poignant portrait of feeling. Jess Collins's vocals guide this vision beyond modern pop conventions. In the end, these musicians tap into something utterly divine. In addition to their genre bending work with Burn In Silence (Prosthetic Records), Mike and Darren have carved a niche with this decidedly more serene project. Mike provides a keen insight to In The Arms of Strangers. "I mix electric guitars with acoustic guitars and it's very ambient. There are just so many layers and textures. Darren has a way of brightening everything and making everything sound extremely orchestral. The drums are definitely syncopated, but still really simple." In fact, songs such as "Left Ashore," possess a classic simplicity, while providing listeners with an aural journey that remains epic throughout. However, Jess's angelic voice remains the guiding force for this trip. Mike comments, "I found one of the most talented young singers around. The music is a huge picture and we're just laying the colors underneath the vocals. The guitars make Jess shine and everything's essentially a frame for her in the middle." On "New Years Revelation," personal lyrics ascend alongside brilliant keys and soulful guitar leads, allowing for a musical revelation. Jess and Mike met one night and immediately formed a musical bond. Mike describes their first writing sessions. "We wrote 6 songs in not even 5 days. It was stuff that I've had laying around for awhile, stuff that she had laying around and we just clicked. It's a really unique thing to have that connection and people think we've know each other forever." However, as Mike puts it, "Being "In The Arms of Strangers," that's how Jess and I technically were at the time. I think the name took on a life of its own because we were strangers, but some weird connection drew us together to make music. We embrace what we have and just go with it. It's really a natural progression." That natural, untainted sound separates these artists from a modern rock scene in dire need of reprieve from the same standard. Through grasping elements of pop, rock, and classical music, this band remains an entity unto itself. Ultimately, In the Arms of Strangers stand poised to embrace a whole new generation thirsting for artistic and meaningful rock. – Rick Florino

toggletoggle post by cav at Apr 5,2006 2:22pm
i guarantee NO ONE will ever read that whole thing

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Apr 5,2006 2:24pm
just notice the amount of times Cesca's name is dropped though

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Apr 5,2006 3:13pm
brian_dc said:
just notice the amount of times Cesca's name is dropped though

lol
funny that papa bear isn't listed on the page, maybe he's their producer now. rick the writer appears to be spending time studying the dark legions archives styling of writing.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 5,2006 3:19pm
oh........good.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Apr 5,2006 7:12pm
she has a great voice

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Apr 5,2006 7:13pm
RichHorror said:
It's like they found a way to make homosexuality seem gay.

how are you so hilarious?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Apr 5,2006 7:23pm
i bet these guys use the word hella and are trying really hard to make a lot of money

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][11:49:34pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01114 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]